El Bucanero

Pirate MOC Indices Discussion

How are you finding these MOCs? Are you just browsing Brickshelf and adding them as you find them?

I checked all the threads in the "Pirate LEGO MOCs"-forum for ships (this took about 2 hours).

Basically these are all the ships that have ever been mentioned or discussed in this forum.

But it is possible that I missed some, so if someone notices that a ship is missing, I will add it.

How often do you check Brickshelf for new pirate ship MOCs? Or don't you do that?

Sometimes I check the newest additions on BS, but not really systematically.

Its really an index of the ships in this forum, but I don't mind adding BS finds to the index.

I plan to dig a bit more in the BS-folders of members like Legeaux and SirScottLego (I hope he return to the forum) and add some more of their ships.

Also I plan to do a search on Lugnet for MOC ships.

I didnt see my puppies in there anywhere...although i am old maybe my eyesight is failing

I checked all the threads in the "Pirate LEGO MOCs"-forum for ships (this took about 2 hours).

Basically these are all the ships that have ever been mentioned or discussed in this forum.

But it is possible that I missed some, so if someone notices that a ship is missing, I will add it.

Hey Bonaparte,

My frigate is not fully complete yet. It doesn't need to be on the index (yet) if you're only posting complete ships. I'll probably PM the link for the completed thumbnail when i'm done if you like.

Its really an index of the ships in this forum, but I don't mind adding BS finds to the index.

Do you think this should be categorised in someway? I.e. Group all the MOCs that have been posted here and another group for all the MOCs on Brickshelf which haven't?

I plan to dig a bit more in the BS-folders of members like Legeaux and SirScottLego (I hope he return to the forum) and add some more of their ships.

You can always PM him. He may be too busy to participate in the forum but he may visit upon request.

I didnt see my puppies in there anywhere...although i am old maybe my eyesight is failing

Indeed, now The Challenger is added to the index.

I will wait with the Agamemnon since it is still under construction.

Hey Bonaparte,

My frigate is not fully complete yet. It doesn't need to be on the index (yet) if you're only posting complete ships. I'll probably PM the link for the completed thumbnail when i'm done if you like.

It remove you ship Mr. Phred and put Aarons ship on the empty spot.

Do you think this should be categorised in someway? I.e. Group all the MOCs that have been posted here and another group for all the MOCs on Brickshelf which haven't?

Personally I don't feel an immediate need to have more structure, but I'm not against it.

When I see a ship in the library and want to find the all the threads in the MOC forum where it was discussed, I just take the last numbers of the BS-library-url and use them to search the forum. This way you get very quickly an overview of all the thread where this ship was mentioned.

Maybe I can put this in a small tutorial and add it to the index?

You can add my Grand Cog to the index if you'd like.

It's not a pirate era ship but it might inspire some of the builders here.

Your beauty is now part of the index!

You can add my Grand Cog to the index if you'd like.

It's not a pirate era ship but it might inspire some of the builders here.

Ooooh, I like the jolly roger symbols (taken from jolly rogers flags) on your signature... Thomas Jew and Henry Avery if I am not mistaken!

EDIT: I suppose additionally the skeleton with the cup with the sailer man could be turned into the symbol on Black Bart's flag with a little work. Very nice. I think you are a Pirate after all!

Well, The most of them are BS finds infact... I do check BS often, so maybe I should take care of that....

BTW my ship the Acheron is not finished yet but it is in the index, if you only want completed ships, you should remove it...

Mr Tiber

Well, The most of them are BS finds infact... I do check BS often, so maybe I should take care of that....

BTW my ship the Acheron is not finished yet but it is in the index, if you only want completed ships, you should remove it...

Mr Tiber

It would be good if you could follow the new ships on BS.

If you post the links in this thread, then I will add them to the index.

I prefer not to add MLCad models.

Well there will certainly be ships out there that will be MLCAD but will never become real Lego versions.

What if we did another post (inside the same thread) that showed MLCAD only models?

Maybe this is premature... if there are only one or two ships that are MLCAD only, why not just include them? Would it be a big deal?

Maybe this is premature... if there are only one or two ships that are MLCAD only, why not just include them? Would it be a big deal?

Well, our member called Admiral Starwind made quite alot MLCAD ships....

Haven't seen him in a while, wonder how he's doing, he hasn't been on the board since early december. I remember meeting him over at the BL forum and inviting him over hee to the dark side

Well, our member called Admiral Starwind made quite alot MLCAD ships....

If you guys feel that some MLCads should be included of ships that have not been made in brick version, then no problem (they are also MOCs in some way).

But maybe limit to the onces made by EB members?

If you guys feel that some MLCad ships should be included of ships that have not been made in brick version, then no problem (they are also MOCs in some way).

But maybe limit to the onces made by EB members?

Sounds okay to me!

This is Admiral Starwinds BS...

Sounds okay to me!

This is Admiral Starwinds BS...

I guess I wouldn't have any problems with that. I just thought that if there were only a couple, it wouldn't be a big deal. Also, I personally did a couple of ships in MLCAD, but made Lego versions as well, and I would certainly prefer to have the actual Lego versions included.

MLCAD modeling, however, is MOCing I think, it really helps flesh out ideas, especial if you have a great idea, but no access to your Legos, or simply not enough Legos in general.

Once again, bonaparte, you are the one who will be adding them and tracking them down, so it really sems like an executive decision as to how much to include. If there aren't a huge number though, you could create a new post inside the thread with all the MLCAD models for those who are interested in them. If there are only a couple more than what Starwind has put out, made limiting it to EB members only isn't necessary. I would think that there are a lot fewer MLCAD models than actual ships, and we have been including BS folders of ships who are not made by members, have we not?

I guess I wouldn't have any problems with that. I just thought that if there were only a couple, it wouldn't be a big deal. Also, I personally did a couple of ships in MLCAD, but made Lego versions as well, and I would certainly prefer to have the actual Lego versions included.

MLCAD modeling, however, is MOCing I think, it really helps flesh out ideas, especial if you have a great idea, but no access to your Legos, or simply not enough Legos in general.

Once again, bonaparte, you are the one who will be adding them and tracking them down, so it really sems like an executive decision as to how much to include. If there aren't a huge number though, you could create a new post inside the thread with all the MLCAD models for those who are interested in them. If there are only a couple more than what Starwind has put out, made limiting it to EB members only isn't necessary. I would think that there are a lot fewer MLCAD models than actual ships, and we have been including BS folders of ships who are not made by members, have we not?

I agree that MLCAD modeling is MOCing.

It's a good idea to make a separte topic for the MLCAD ships Mr. Z.

So why not include all the MLCAD ships we can find :-D

Just put the links in this thread and I'll add them (I already added 2 ships to the index).

Just put the links in this thread and I'll add them (I already added 2 ships to the index).

Someone should ask Admiral Starwind to make seperate BS folders for his ships instead of one folder fro all of the...

Someone should ask Admiral Starwind to make seperate BS folders for his ships instead of one folder fro all of the...

I agree!

I "solved" that problem by selecting 1 ship as an entry-point to his entire library.