Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

Faerie Flowers

Here's a magical portion of our forest! This was made for the Fairy Tale category of the MOCathalon, and the land of Avalonia. This is haven where faeries ride on little fireflies, and weave in an out of giant beautiful flowers.

6807845786_e8bdf88a0e.jpg

The fireflies glow!

6953954757_24983ca85a.jpg

Here's a close up of one of the faeries and flower types.

6953953725_b2b447716f.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Looks great..I've been trying to find a use for that plate technique but it seems you beat me to it...great stuff!

Wow. Just wow. There is too much awesome in this MOC, but I especially love the fireflies and the plate technique. It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:

It is simply fantastic the colors, the curves, the uses of wings pieces, the bugs, the scale, in conclusion is really magical. :thumbup::classic:

Wow, another stunning creation from you guys! I love the layout and the color distributions, there is just a very pleasing artistic aspect to your MOCs.

Using the punk rocker's hair for the pink flower is brilliant! :thumbup:

It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:

It is the faeries' sorcery. :tongue:

Another stunning example of your magical fantasy style! So many great techniques, but the punk rocker's hair is my favourite. Really love the feel you are bringing to the Mystic Isles, its just as I had imagined. It a shame you are not more active in the guild, as Im sure theres lots of great ideas you could add to Avalonia. Brilliant as always :thumbup:

This is STUNNING...and soooo many clever techniques:

• Punk rocker flowers
  • partial connection plate walkway
  • Stacked plate leaves

WOW WOW WOW!!

I agree, I'd love to steal some of these ideas, but I don't have the parts for everything.

It inspires me to look for other uses for parts however, and that's allways a good thing.

This is such a beautiful idea and so very well made, the flowers are awesome :thumbup: well done

Wow! Somehow it feels like you see the ABS bricks completly different from the rest of us! :classic: The shapes that you manage to create with Lego is just breath taking! I just love the flowers and the crickets(is it the right word?)!

And I have to agree with the rest, you so deserve to have two badges with moc expert!

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments and encouragement!

Another stunning example of your magical fantasy style! So many great techniques, but the punk rocker's hair is my favourite. Really love the feel you are bringing to the Mystic Isles, its just as I had imagined. It a shame you are not more active in the guild, as Im sure theres lots of great ideas you could add to Avalonia. Brilliant as always :thumbup:

I know! :,( I wish we were more active as well. Terribly sorry. Some moron (me) thought it would be brilliant to sign up for the MOCathalon. (Clarification, we like MOCpages and the competition. The 'moron' is referring to us not having much time lol) But we wont remain dormant, nor abandon our Faerie Forest until we aid Avalonia with more strength to fight against any Invaders!

I agree, I'd love to steal some of these ideas, but I don't have the parts for everything.

It inspires me to look for other uses for parts however, and that's allways a good thing.

Feel free to use anything you'd like from our Flikr :) Happy to help, and if you think of it we are always grateful for a credit.

Wow! Somehow it feels like you see the ABS bricks completly different from the rest of us! :classic: The shapes that you manage to create with Lego is just breath taking! I just love the flowers and the crickets(is it the right word?)!

And I have to agree with the rest, you so deserve to have two badges with moc expert!

Wow. Just wow. There is too much awesome in this MOC, but I especially love the fireflies and the plate technique. It's only fitting you have two "MOC Expert" badges! :laugh:

Thanks guys! Yeah Steph and I just realized this a week ago. Sadly still trying to learn the ins and outs of this very rich site :) Your encouragement means a lot!

Again, thanks everyone!

This is gorgeous. That big flower is a delight with the curves. What did you use for the small blue flowers in the bottom right? Are they clickits? Very inspiring.

Your MOCs are just amazing! Your clever piece usage is always ingenious. The CMF Rocker hair as flowers, :thumbup:. The white/trans flower is great. Everything is just fantastic.

This is breath-taking! You do such an amazing job of building things you would never expect to see in a MOC. The flowers are truly awesome! The whole concept is great, and you do a great job on every part. The lightning bug picture is wonderful! It's builds like this that just stun me. There are some amazing builders within the normal concepts (houses, castles, trees, etc.) and then there are a few builders that are just on a different plane, like yourself (SoT's dragon in Chapter 6, and Lisqr's Misty Shrine come to mind) and you always do an amazing job with your builds. Bravo!

Agreed with what everyone else is saying - you guys are in a class of your own. I'm constantly blown away by the imagination and ingenuity in your builds, and this one's no exception. Brilliant stuff! :wub:

ps. i'm struggling with time in the MocAthalon too... so you guys aren't alone! Best of luck for the last 10 days of speed building! :wink:

A little late, I know, but I keep coming back to this MOC looking at all the NPU, wonderfull connections and so forth. I just realized I forgot to comment on it. I sincerely love the flowers as they have moved away from the general "Lego" feel, and have migraded toward realisticness. I do have one question though, the flower on the bottom left, it's connection keeps stumping me, I simply can not figure out how you got it to connect with 3 pedals. I can see how you would have done 4, but not 3. Care to explain?