Sign in to follow this  
Captain BeerBeard

Antyrian Ghetto Shack

I built this little home with very bacic and common bricks and plates. The whole idea of it is to be able to make multiple homes for larger scenes and can have multiple purposes. The design of my little home is so simple that is's extremly easy to upgrade it to a much better looking home or an even worse home. I started thinking after I built this that it would be awesome to have a castle creator set. That's when I stared thinking "man that would be a great idea for Cuusoo". The set would be a three in one build. The second build would get a fire place and a nicer design. The set would be loaded with 1x1 side stud bricks and 1x2 tiles so the biggest build out of the three could have some really nice brick corners on it. Let me know if you guys think I should go through with the idea. Feel free to use this design for your mocs if you wish. One more thing, it would come with two dark brown chickens. C&c&q welcome :classic:

So here is my little slum home. The guy that lives here has a terrible job. He's the guy that cleans up after horse's. When he get's home from work, all he want's to do is pop the cork of that wine bottle. :grin:

0aghetto1_copy.jpg

0aghetto0_copy.jpg

0aghetto2_copy.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Lovely scene, the pumpking bed is great. I think what lego's been doing with MMV and Joust Tournament and I suppose Mill Village Raid has been great to start making a medievil village scene, I don't think it's neccesary to have a whole line of castle creator sets, I'm sure after Lotr is finished TLG might do another castle theme with some more sets orientated around the more domestic side of castle, no idea when Lotr will finish though, could be a year, 2 or more.

Cool moc :thumbup:

Lovely scene, the pumpking bed is great. I think what lego's been doing with MMV and Joust Tournament and I suppose Mill Village Raid has been great to start making a medievil village scene, I don't think it's neccesary to have a whole line of castle creator sets, I'm sure after Lotr is finished TLG might do another castle theme with some more sets orientated around the more domestic side of castle, no idea when Lotr will finish though, could be a year, 2 or more.

Cool moc :thumbup:

Thanks! The lotr line is going to be two years. The second Hobit movie comes out in December 2013.

Nice MOC, I loved the natural vegetation aspect and the roof is great! The pumpkins and vines are very nice, also!

I have a "Secret Cuusoo Project" that is slowly likely the idea you had, but mine is to get something like a 5929 Knight and Castle Building Set (144 pieces) and make it the size of a 5933 Airport Building Set (310 pieces).

Well, now it's not secret anymore! I'll be uploading this project soon (I am actually waiting for a recent order to arrive, so I can finish the project) and count with your support!

Nice MOC, I loved the natural vegetation aspect and the roof is great! The pumpkins and vines are very nice, also!

I have a "Secret Cuusoo Project" that is slowly likely the idea you had, but mine is to get something like a 5929 Knight and Castle Building Set (144 pieces) and make it the size of a 5933 Airport Building Set (310 pieces).

Well, now it's not secret anymore! I'll be uploading this project soon (I am actually waiting for a recent order to arrive, so I can finish the project) and count with your support!

Thanks! My idea would take a lot of reworking and experimintation before I would submit it. I'm sure LEGO isn't that big into laying loose parts on sets. I was thinking if I were to make a 3 in 1, it would probably be around 540 pieces. I will make sure to check your idea out. Are you going to post it on Eurobricks first?

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

The first thing that strikes me is the brilliant photo on this one! So good!!

The house is also very nice! Very small cottage feeling about the whole moc and I love it! The roof is great as well as the details like the pumpkin field and the foliage around the house!

No red flowers? :wink:

Well done Cpt Beer Beard!

The first thing that strikes me is the brilliant photo on this one! So good!!

The house is also very nice! Very small cottage feeling about the whole moc and I love it! The roof is great as well as the details like the pumpkin field and the foliage around the house!

No red flowers? :wink:

Well done Cpt Beer Beard!

Thanks! The photos were taken at night with a lamp on white background. I got the whole idea for the roof playing Diablo2. There's no red flowers in the Antyrian ghetto. The goat ate'em all!

This would be an awesome parts pack for any castle builder. if you make it, I will support it.

This would be an awesome parts pack for any castle builder. if you make it, I will support it.

Awesome! That's only 9,999 more to go! It's still in the idea stage but I think an awesome castle parts pack has been long overdue, especially one at the 50-60 dollar price range. I will be updating the first post over the next few months, so check back once in a while to see if I make any progress. I'm not going to rush with this.

Great job here! I really like this house a lot. You've come up with an original design that is indeed very easy to make, with common pieces. I LOVE the details on the ground around the house. They just look great with again, such a simple design (green 1x2 plates and grass) but it really pops. That and the goat, and barrels and pumpkin patch :tongue: . I think you're Cuuso idea is right on. I have been considering doing a castle version of this where there would be 3 sets, for example a tower and wall set, a gatehouse set, and some third set (undecided at this point). The idea would be that if you bought, say 4 tower sets, a gatehouse set, you could build your own castle, but it would be designed to be expandable, so you could use, say 3 tower sets, or 6 tower sets. Each set would also have an alternate build, so maybe the gatehouse could also be used to build a barracks, or something similar. I think your idea has better marketability though. I would like to see the other build options be buildings other than a house though, as that may be more appealing to the public? Excellent MOC and idea though. I love it!