Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

I just last week ordered from amazon.it and yes, the google chrome translation changes the "eur" to "£".

It says the items in eur, shipping cost in eur, and the total of those added up, in £ 1:1.

My visa shows that they took the amount added up, in euros not pounds.

Thanks for relieving my concerns =D

Ive figured out Im going to get my mum to give this to me 'as a reward' for gettin a new job... (basically, an excuse so my gf knows I have it without knowing I paid for it xD),

So, it is still a good incentive to get a job asap!

Shipping price from Amazon.it to Australia has dipped, now is 37 euros to ship the Imperial Shuttle to Australia, making it less than $250 AU delivered express

Shipping price from Amazon.it to Australia has dipped, now is 37 euros to ship the Imperial Shuttle to Australia, making it less than $250 AU delivered express

Why don't you order from amazon.com anyway? It seems cheaper (US-$ 218.00 = EUR 165,82) and shipping is cheaper as well.

Edited by Brickadeer

Why don't you order from amazon.com anyway? It seems cheaper (US-$ 218.00 = EUR 165,82) and shipping is cheaper as well.

They won't ship it to Australia. Only a few select sets do they ship.

You are one step ahead of me!

I just visited to let you all know that was the case.

It's great news for me as I ordered two last week with a couple of other sets.

Set me back about $200 for shipping!

The box arrived with UPS and they called me about it.

I emailed Amazon italy and they said to refuse delivery.

Was sad not to get the Imperial shuttles but couldn't accept a damaged box

Now I am so glad it worked out like that.

50 euros for two Imperial shuttles shipped is better than 125 any day!

Just got my amazon.it order..

10222 box is busted :(

And I just wanted it to sit on my shelf, and not for building it.

It had way too little cushioning in the shipping box for about 3400 kilometer trip (worst is the last 200km with Finnish postal service).

(btw. love those 9674,9675,9767)

Just got my amazon.it order..

10222 box is busted :(

And I just wanted it to sit on my shelf, and not for building it.

It had way too little cushioning in the shipping box for about 3400 kilometer trip (worst is the last 200km with Finnish postal service).

(btw. love those 9674,9675,9767)

When I get my shuttle, ill happily trade you my nice box (providing it arrives ok, im only across the channel thankfully) for the contents of your beat up box =D

Then you can have a lovely box to sit on your shelf and i get another shuttle. Everyone's happy :laugh:

When I get my shuttle, ill happily trade you my nice box (providing it arrives ok, im only across the channel thankfully) for the contents of your beat up box =D

Then you can have a lovely box to sit on your shelf and i get another shuttle. Everyone's happy :laugh:

I was kinda waiting for someone to say that...

Oh well, it ended up well. I e-mailed .it for the beat up box, and they offered me 15% refund of the item.

I took it happily, as it turned out to be a 15% refund of the orders total amount (icl. postage)

:sweet:

Just for everyone in australia, just ordered a Fire Brigade Modular, for $170 posted from amazon.com

On another note: I got an email from The Hut stating that my order has been dispatched, and I should get it in 7-14 days. I'll provide another update when my shipment arrives.

I just wanted to give you an update... I received my package from TheHut today! That only took 25 days (not the 7-14 days that they said it should). :wacko: Actually that's not too bad considering that the shipping from the UK to Australia only cost GBP 1.98, and I wasn't expecting the package to arrive on time anyway (I've ordered from TheHut before, so I knew what to expect).

The package came in a plastic weave bag (similar material to a cheap plastic tarpaulin), which kept the moisture out... well mostly anyway - the brown box was still a bit damp. The brown box was also very squashed, but there was a reasonable amount of those big air bubble things inside. Unfortunately they didn't work, and one of the Lego boxes was a bit squashed. The other Lego box was mostly ok, but still slightly squashed too. Luckily I bought these to open and build, not to resell, so I'm not too concerned with the condition of the boxes.

00000042.jpg00000043.jpg00000044.jpg00000045.jpg00000046.jpg

Now I have this set before it's release date in Australia and at a fraction of the cost of the Australian RRP (worked out to be AU$42.88 each, which includes shipping, and credit card fees - Australian RRP should be AU$69.99 - a saving of 38.7%). :grin:

Edit: fixed typo.

Edited by Splat

The reason they post it in a bag, and most likely declare it as books. There is a world wide discount on postage of books.

I found this out after I received a parcel that way from b&n.

Amazon.fr do have the Volkswagon up now (won't ship to Australia either :cry_sad:)

It looks like Amazon.it will ship the 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper to Australia now, but the shipping is a bit expensive!

List price:        EUR  98,89
Price at checkout:    EUR  98,89 (it doesn’t seem to take off tax at all...?)
Shipping costs:        EUR  68,83 (yes, shipping is 69.6% of the item cost!)
Total:            EUR 167,72 (about AU$207.82)

The price from Lego AU S@H would be AU$169.99 + AU$35 for shipping (total: AU$204.99).

So it is cheaper to get it from Lego AU S@H rather than Amazon.it at the moment!

Edited by Splat

I just bought a $40 set from amazon.com and shipping to Australia for it was less than $10. I've never seen such cheap shipping for Lego from them before.

Edit: Splat, I think that may be because the VW camper is from a 3rd party seller, so they make up their own shipping charges.

Edited by hewman

New Star Wars up for pre-order on Amazon France:

x-wing

Droid Escape

Endor Battle Pack

Arc Trooper Battle Pack

Geonosian Cannon

Tie Fighter

The Dino theme is also available.

Actually it took me a while to find this link to the New Lego sets in the store (and not all are new) but it has the new Ninjago, Friends, City and more.

Boxes of Series 6 Minifigures are back in stock at Amazon France.

They are EUR 115 shipped express to Australia which is about $140 total

Is it me or is this the best series so far?

I think the Genie, Sleepyhead and the Roman Soldier are favourites.

Thanks for that - Please let us know if they change their mind about shipping to Oz!!!

I want to add it to my (in the mail) Imperial Shuttle :tongue:

U7K4X3B or X3X8W7N (for VISA card users)

They only work on the really new sets.

Search for newest Lego and then scroll through till you find the ones in stock.

Hopefully it still works for you. :wink:

:hmpf: Please, enough with the affiliate links. First and last warning.

Thanks for the feedback.

There was no ill intent and I hope my overall contribution to the conversation here will be kept in perspective.

Thanks for the feedback.

There was no ill intent and I hope my overall contribution to the conversation here will be kept in perspective.

Sure, there was no ill intent, just intent to get money for nothing from other people's purchases when they are tricked into clicking your hidden affiliate links. Declare your links and people might click them anyway, but hiding them is just plain wrong.

Please accept my apologies.

In hindsight I realize my error and can see how it must look from your point of view.

Just want to bump this thread, not much news on here at the moment.

I want to buy the hole collection of Dino shipped to Australia for my sons birthday, Im thinking Amazon.fr, .it or .com would be the best place to start. Amazon.com is the cheapest with the US pricing but I know shipping will kill me. Later to day I'm going to add the itms to the cart from each store to see what comes up cheaper.

I was just wondering is there are any great deals going around at the moment apart from Amazon?

Amazon.it seem to have a few items on sale at the moment.

http://www.brickset.com/buy/IT/amazon/

(Disclosure: links on that page are affiliate links - to avoid these affiliate links, go to Amazon.it and search from there.)

For example:

10212 Star Wars Imperial Shuttle
Australian RRP      = AU$449.99
Amazon.it price   = EUR 197,59 (AU$253.27)
After tax removed = EUR 163,30 (AU$209.32)
Shipping      = EUR  44,73 (AU$ 57.33)
Total          = EUR 208,03 (AU$266.65)
Saving vs AU RRP  = AU$183.34 (40.7% off AU RRP)

Edited by Splat

I ended up going with Amazon.fr an they here the only one who would send me all 7 sets to Australia. Amazon.com was way cheaper for the sets but cant ship to Aus. The total for the sets alone was only 237.10.

It cost me $370.43 shipped. not too bad considering that the Aussie RRP will be $440 - $450 approx. It saved me a few bucks and I don't need to wait until they release Dino in Australia in Aug-Sep.

I was charged $45 Aus for shipping which is not too bad. They are partial shipping the 3 largest sets and they are weighing 4.5kg.