Holodoc

Greetings from just across the dutch border...

Hello everybody!

I am new (started November last year) at this forum, but as recently as today i realized this thread so i decided to tell you something about me and my way (back) to Lego.

It all began in 1969 in Germany on a nice sunday morning with some new baby noise... *sing*

Wait - i think i

Welcome, i sure you enjoy it here

But lookout for the danish Admin ok? ;-)

Hi Holodec and a big welcome!!!

Nice introduction *y* - one of the longest I

Welcome! It's always good when a member makes a nice long introduction, makes it really easy to get to know you. I see you said you've been here for a bit, well I hope you're enjoying this place :-P

Welcome to eurobricks, Holodoc. I'm sure you will enjoy it here very much :-)

-l2k-

Hello Holodoc! Welcome! That was a nice introduction you had. I enjoyed reading it. :-)

I'm sure you'll make a good addition to the forum.

Look what i found browsing the internet!

If any of you needs a translation of the written background or the things said in the movies, let me know!

That was a very clever (and lucky, I guess) find of yours, thank you for sharing this brilliant link!

It looks like a cool and interesting production, congrats to that Brickboard-Team.... *y*

And thank you for your kind offer, aber ich denke, ich pers

Welcome, Holodoc. It's good to see another StarTrek fan here.

I was going to say it was a coencidence that I was playing a Voyager episode while I browse this topic, except I'm almost always playing some Star Trek episode or movie.

Welcome, i sure you enjoy it here

But lookout for the danish Admin ok? ;-)

Holodoc? ahh excellent because our danish admin needs looking at X-D ;-)

Welcome to EB, hope you enjoy yourself here.

Consultation hours only with valid insurance card... :-P

See you in sickbay then!

VgrComPanel125.jpg

Welcome! Peeron.com is a really handy way to sort/count your parts. And if you know the sets are complete you can just enter a set number to add all its parts to your collection list...

God Bless,

Nathan

Welcome! Peeron.com is a really handy way to sort/count your parts. And if you know the sets are complete you can just enter a set number to add all its parts to your collection list...

Unfortunately many bricks esp. from the good-old-space sets got lost during my dark ages.

So i had to count/list them manually. :-(

By the way, does anyone know, if there is a way at peeron.com or brickset.com to show other people your listing of sets?

By the way, does anyone know, if there is a way at peeron.com or brickset.com to show other people your listing of sets?

LUGNET offers such a "service". You have to register, though. I think it's free but they ask for a small donation, the amount you can choose yourself (last I know). Here's my list for example (not complete, a few small sets are still missing) :-)

LUGNET offers such a "service". You have to register, though. I think it's free but they ask for a small donation, the amount you can choose yourself (last I know). Here's my list for example (not complete, a few small sets are still missing) :-)

You have huge collection Hobbes! U have it all made or some place to display it? Any photos? Lots of trains for some reason :-D Lucky!

LUGNET offers such a "service". You have to register, though. I think it's free but they ask for a small donation, the amount you can choose yourself (last I know).

I looked for that page. Unfortunately you will have to pay at least 10 $ to get registeres but, of course, you can pay more...

That

You have huge collection Hobbes! U have it all made or some place to display it? Any photos? Lots of trains for some reason :-D Lucky!
And i agree: Nice collection, hobbes! Even more train-stuff than i have 8-

Consultation hours only with valid insurance card... :-P

See you in sickbay then!

VgrComPanel125.jpg

Excellent ill bring our ill danish viking Double T in this afternoon...... *vader*

Unfortunately many bricks esp. from the good-old-space sets got lost during my dark ages.

So i had to count/list them manually. :-(

You can add individual pieces (once counted ; ) to a peeron list.

God Bless,

Nathan

Thanks. The sets weren't all bought new, though. Many (especially the older ones) I bought of ebay or bricklink over the past two years. Most of the time in good to very good condition. It takes time to wait for the right auction and sometimes I wanted stuff really bad, but it was worth the wait *sweet*

Here's how it "evolved" ;-)

Here's a pic of my WIP display a couple of months ago. I have two more shelfs on the wall now and many still MISB sets. The layout hasn't much improved, though, I'm afraid... well, the tracks run differently now, but the rest is still a mess, even more than on the pic :-$

And yes, I love trains. My dad worked for the Austrian Railways and I grew up across my hometown's train station, which still is an important "hub" for trains going to/coming from Germany, Italy and Slovenia, so it's not just a small one. Guess that kinda "stuck" with me ;-)

Yes, over the years I think trains are the best subtheme in Town because they are most realistic and simply best designed sets. You have loads of trains, some great classic ones!

Nice story of your layout. I can imagine the difficulty of railway lines on a table but I guess someday you will have a bigger table and it'll be easier. Lego on tables is best though, especially for your back :-)

Lego on tables is best though, especially for your back :-)

How do I get my layout on a table?

We (my son and me) prefer the floor like Hobbes does (thank you for details of your development!).

look here!