Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Balutar-Class Swoop

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This started out as simply a mod, but the original model was very inaccurate, so I ended up just scrapping it and building a MOC instead.

6801769946_a36b8c10e0.jpg

6801769950_8362ec6028.jpg

6801769956_c6b9a0f3fd.jpg

6801769960_fcfc5faf12.jpg

6801769968_dbaa2767b8.jpg

Without Minifig:

6801769970_d7bb5f1d83.jpg

Version 2.0

6804373356_25a4f5ffa9.jpg

As seen in "A Friend In Need".

6804373364_4e9d65e2c3.jpg

My reference pic:

Mandalorian_speeder_bike.jpg

The Wookipedia entry:

Link

C&C welcome.

Very accurate to the "real" version. If I could suggest one thing, it would be to change the blue pieces to dark blue. Other than that, I absolutely love it!

Very accurate to the "real" version. If I could suggest one thing, it would be to change the blue pieces to dark blue. Other than that, I absolutely love it!

I would, but I don't have some of the pieces that I need in DK blue.

BTW: Mods, please don't delete this thread, just the other two. My phone was not working (or so I thought), so I accidentally posted this three times. :blush:

I would, but I don't have some of the pieces that I need in DK Blue

I see. Well, maybe someday you can change it. Do you ever order off of Bricklink? (I'm not telling you to, because I hardly do. Just wondering)

I see. Well, maybe someday you can change it. Do you ever order off of Bricklink? (I'm not telling you to, because I hardly do. Just wondering)

After thinking about it, I think that I do have the pieces, but I just can't find them right now. When I do, I will post the result.

Looks all right. I would give it some handle bars.

I wanted to do that, but none would fit. When I revisit it, I will try to put some on.

I think you did a good job. You captured the general shape pretty well. The details are mostly there, I like the inclusion of the cheese graters instead of the grate tiles. The only thing missing is the already mentioned handlebars.

I love the imposing front view :thumbup:. My only criticism is that the back is meant to be flat, it doesn't have a centralised curved slope :wink:. Great job on it, though it would look fantastic in dark blue.

I love the imposing front view :thumbup:. My only criticism is that the back is meant to be flat, it doesn't have a centralised curved slope :wink:. Great job on it, though it would look fantastic in dark blue.

That is the one holdover from the fact that it started out as a mod. I didn't notice that it is flat. :blush::facepalm:

I am already working on implementing the advice that I have received. Thanks. :thumbup:

Nice work ' LEGOman273 ', though the seat should be blue and the hand controls ? :wink:

Great looking swoop bike anyway, ' LEGOman273 '.....Brick On ! :classic:

Nice work ' LEGOman273 ', though the seat should be blue and the hand controls ? :wink:

Great looking swoop bike anyway, ' LEGOman273 '.....Brick On ! :classic:

I know, but the seat really is higher up. Had I build an exact replica of the swoop, it wouldn't have fit a Minifig. With the 'Fig on it, it looks accurate in terms of color.

Version 2.0 based on comments that I recieved.

6804373356_25a4f5ffa9.jpg

As seen in "A Friend In Need".

6804373364_4e9d65e2c3.jpg

First post updated, as well.

C&C as usual.

Edited by LEGOman273

Nice update! The shape of the vehicle is more realistic now, and I like the handlebars. Can't wait for Version 3.0 with DK Blue! (Assuming there will be one)

This is definitely better than your original. I never would have thought of the clips for handlebars. I hope you put Dk. Blue on it eventually.

Nice update! The shape of the vehicle is more realistic now, and I like the handlebars. Can't wait for Version 3.0 with DK Blue! (Assuming there will be one)

This is definitely better than your original. I never would have thought of the clips for handlebars. I hope you put Dk. Blue on it eventually.

Of course. :wink: