Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

Pirates Hidout

[pid][/pid] 205B

So I picked up this set at my local Toys R Us because I loved the hot rod included. After looking at the "cabin" for several days, I decided it would make a fun little pirate shack. So Away I built...lol. I think the MOC turned out nice, the only thing I wish was that I had some bigger blue base plates.Try not to disturb the retired Captain Grey as he drinks...er I mean fishes. And first mate Peg Leg Pete prepares the coconuts for this evenings feast. And last but not least we have the trusty cook John,who has spent the afternoon slaving over a proper meal for the captain. He has fixed his favorite ( chicken as usual..lol)Anyway, hope you enjoy as this was a fun project! :pir-classic:LegoPirateshideout004.jpgLegoPirateshideout017.jpgLegoPirateshideout008.jpgLegoPirateshideout007.jpgLegoPirateshideout013.jpgLegoPirateshideout009.jpgFlickr pics

Just noticed I misspelled "hideout" in the title. can't figure out how to fix it....hope the mods can fix it for me...lol.

Very nice build, I love the fish coming out of the water and the coconuts in the tree, its a shame there's not a shot from the back so that we can see the interior in all its glory.

great build :thumbup:

Sweet build.

I think the windows and doors look slightly bright compared to the rest and for it being a pirate hideout, but otherwise it's quite a nice scene. The fish coming out of the water really is superb. :pir-sweet: I like the "pier" a lot too. :pir_yoda:

Very nice build, I love the fish coming out of the water and the coconuts in the tree, its a shame there's not a shot from the back so that we can see the interior in all its glory.

great build :thumbup:

I agree, pictures of the inside would be nice. Fantastic creation!

I had some pics of the back on my flickr....but here are some.s you can see, I made the roof removable unlike the original. I used the original window and door, just to keep the feel of the original set as well. I will also post a comparison picture of the original set and mine shortly. LegoPirateshideout010.jpgLegoPirateshideout012.jpgLegoPirateshideout014.jpg

Looks really good! I think a darker door and window panes would look more authentic but as a set conversion from a totally different theme goes, this is pretty great! :pir-sweet: