Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Paladin Boomingham? I would never have thought you'd choose that path!" She chuckled and settled well in her seat. "I came in last night and you were the worse for ale, so I decided to sleep with a roof over my head for once. You've not been out long." She took a draught of her own beer and carried on.

"I have had many a battle, Beat the undead and gained a fine sword." She indicated Cysgodion, glittering beside her. "Met Hoke here," She pointed to her companion by way of introduction. "We then fought Orcs while smaller than ants and have since traveled far to fight a powerful mage. Got ahold of this." She showed him the orb.

As she held it out a thought occured. "Dryw ar Zoot" she spoke and the orb began to change, the chaos converging and growing, stretching out into a blade. A shadow seemed to suck the light from her vision and once it cleared a magnificent longsword was in her hand.

Dryw ar Zoot WP:14 Longsword.

"Do you know what it does yet? Have you licked it yet? When in doubt, always lick things. Something I learned in the war. This Elven scout fellow in my unit, I think he may have been with Ennoc, he always licked everything. Said that we use our touch, smell, hearing, and sight all the time, but no one ever uses their taste. He said he understood 20 percent more of the world than the rest of us... of course, he died of terrible poisoning... don't know how much creed we ought to give his method..."

"Well, I must admit I did try licking it, I always thought it a sound way to find things out. The priestess warned against it, especially when I caught bog toads..." She paused at that memory. "But it seems speaking the name of it's creator worked out well."

"Haha! Looks like I was speaking while you were doing. The wife always says I'm a rambler. She told me to pay better attention. And drink less. Zero for two. Ah well."

"Haha! Looks like I was speaking while you were doing. The wife always says I'm a rambler. She told me to pay better attention. And drink less. Zero for two. Ah well."

"You must miss her and your past." Tesni placed her new blade beside her. "I do miss the mountains and vallies of home. I can't go back now. Seems we are in the same boat."

"Hoke Ablesword is my name, Lord Boomingham," Hoke said as he firmly grasped the paladins forearm in greetings.

"From where I hail I cannot say. For now I serve the people of Heroica."

Hoke regarded the paladin for a moment. He did not fit what Hoke pictured a paladin to be, so Hoke thought Lord Boomingham may have a tale or two to learn from.

"Tell me sir, how fared your last quest?"

As Hoke spoke, Tesni bent forward and spoke to the orb. In a swirling spasm a gleaming dark longsword formed in her outstretched hand. Hoke's eyes narrowed, watching the purple consuming fire blaze in Tesni.

Edited by UsernameMDM

"Hoke Ablesword is my name, Lord Boomingham," Hoke said as he firmly grasped the paladins forearm in greetings.

"From where I hail I cannot say. For now I serve the people of Heroica."

Hoke regarded the paladin for a moment. He did not fit what Hoke pictured a paladin to be, so Hoke thought Lord Boomingham may have a tale or two to learn from.

"Tell me sir, how fared your last quest?"

As Hoke spoke, Tesni bent forward and spoke to the orb. In a swirling spasm a gleaming dark longsword formed in her outstretched hand. Hoke's eyes narrowed, watching the purple consuming fire blaze in Tesni.

Boomingham smiled. "All appropriate answers, chap. I look forward to questing with you some day. That's the lovely thing about the Hall, you always get to meet new people!" Boomingham winks at Hoke. "And no stories yet. You've got to work for that. Buy me a drink and talk sweet to me a little first." Boomingham laughs and spittle lands on the table. Barty looks ready to die.

"You must miss her and your past." Tesni placed her new blade beside her. "I do miss the mountains and vallies of home. I can't go back now. Seems we are in the same boat."

Boomingham then turns to Tesni and addresses her. He smiles, but his eyes are a little watery. "I do," he says, and it's the most honest thing the Paladin has said since he arrived in the hall. "But that's just life, isn't it?" He then laughs again. "Would you like to tell me how you got into the same boat as me? Is it the same exact thing as me - everyone you knew was dead? You buried the priestess, I seem to recall you telling me. It isn't a pretty boat, that's for sure, and I can promise you everyone in it has quite a lengthy story. Any more to tell, my dear?"

Barty hovers around Tesni's two stronger swords nervously. "Doesn't anyone in this hall recognize demons and evil influences? Why am I so much smarter than all these poor fool?" he mutters sadly.

"Aye, My village died and only I survived with the priestess. She raised me,taught me and trained me in all I needed to know. When I proved to be this generations holder of Cryfder on the day of my majority, she was so happy. Then she seemed to age quickly..." Tesni paused a moment. "She grew old in a few short years. When she died I left for Center, the city of the Tribelands." A shadow passed over her face.

"Center was I place I journeyed to many times. When I was there that last time I did something. A grey thing, some would say a dark thing. Then I came here to Heroica Hall on the advice of an old hero. I pushed the dark away and pretended it was never there."

<And with that I turn in. 11pm is my limit!>

"Looks like you need food more than you need ale."

Hoke makes an order of food for the table.

"The only thing better than fight alongside a friend is sharing a meal with them."

Hoke eyes the small being fluttering about Lord Boomingham. He caught what it said and couldn't agree more.

"Who is your friend here Lord Boomingham?"

Johon walks out of the hall and goes to the library. After looking at the maps, he finds where Ellaria is and heads out.

---

A few hours later (or however long it takes), Johon reaches Ellaria. He knocks on the door...

"Center was I place I journeyed to many times. When I was there that last time I did something. A grey thing, some would say a dark thing. Then I came here to Heroica Hall on the advice of an old hero. I pushed the dark away and pretended it was never there."

Boomingham was starting to sober up even more, and for the first time noticed a significant change in his friend's voice, though he did not comment on it. Instead he nodded sympathetically. "Well, my old ears are ready to listen if your young mouth is ready to do the talking required." Stories were important, and Boomingham knew it. You couldn't rush them or push for them, but if they were shared...

"Who is your friend here Lord Boomingham?"

Barty flew up to Hoke. "He has named me Bartholomew, but he won't let me tell you why. He's rather foolish. I'm an angel, I've been allowed to review his entire life, and his stories are blown far out of proportion... though he was at some point a true warrior," Barty concedes. "You seem like you've got a head on your shoulders. Have you ever considered serving Ennoc? It's really quite lovely, and maybe I could hop ship. I'm supposed to be finding and punishing the wicked... and helping the poor and lonely and all that I guessssss, but really, there is so much corruption in the world it seems much easier to just stop that, and then maybe all the poor lonely people will just feel better. Point is, I haven't been doing much of anything except watching him get drunk. Alcohol is a vile creation, I do not understand why they serve it in this hall."

Barty flew up to Hoke. "He has named me Bartholomew, but he won't let me tell you why. He's rather foolish. I'm an angel, I've been allowed to review his entire life, and his stories are blown far out of proportion... though he was at some point a true warrior," Barty concedes. "You seem like you've got a head on your shoulders. Have you ever considered serving Ennoc? It's really quite lovely, and maybe I could hop ship. I'm supposed to be finding and punishing the wicked... and helping the poor and lonely and all that I guessssss, but really, there is so much corruption in the world it seems much easier to just stop that, and then maybe all the poor lonely people will just feel better. Point is, I haven't been doing much of anything except watching him get drunk. Alcohol is a vile creation, I do not understand why they serve it in this hall."

"Bartholomew you say? If he named you that, did you have another name you went by before entering into this service? I did consider following the paladin's path, but it seems others chose it before I could. That being such, I figured should select another option to augment the protection and powers of those present paladins. I am hoping Master Fox approves me for Mystic Knight. I have a few gems and another in my sword that I am looking forward to using in battle. I just need to decide whether or not to remove the sapphire from my sword."

Hoke pulled Vintul out of its sheath and pointed to the sapphire in the hilt. Although no natural wind stirred in the hall, Vintul's steel whispered softly to Hoke. He had notice the sword's presence more and more lately, especially since choosing to be a mystic knight. Perhaps there was something deeper to these gems, something that Tesni's purple flame could see...

With a shy of heavy burden, I sit down with my fellow former questmates, and note Boomighamn with curiosity.

Have we met? My name's Rone. Dyric Rone. Tracyn'ade. That's what they used to call me back home in Duplovia; Child of Fire. I was so naive then. Before... Suddenly a look of pain crosses my face. Before I... uh... came here.

...So who are you?

Edited by The Legonater

Hoke shook off the whispers as Alexis sat down at the table.

"Hello Alexis! A ship wreck you say! That's an adventure in and of itself. And it looks like you've gained a companion or two since we last saw each other."

"Yes you are quite observant. Mandy here," She lands on the table. "is the phoenix we found on the island. She really quite nice."

As Tesni's ball morphs into a sword Alexis watches warily. The sword radiates evil.

"I see you seem to have advanced your training. Would you be willing to tell me about it?"

The rogue sits down at the table and Alexis surveys him.

"I am Alexis Fenral, I do not believe we've met."

The rogue sits down at the table and Alexis surveys him.

"I am Alexis Fenral, I do not believe we've met."

Su'cuy! I'm Dyric Rone. I'll spare you my history for now- just know that I hail from the kingdom of Duplovia, and left for reasons no man should be able to understand entirely. It's a stunning place, though. Darasuum mesh'la; eternally beautiful. The trees, the air... Again, I snap out of my reminicing, which almost seems to be happening more often than usual. But enough about me. Who exactly are you, Alexis Fenral?

"I hail from the shore across the sea, I traveled here over 17 years ago with my parents when I was just a child. Though I still am by me race's standards. Since journeying to the hall I have trained to use magic and have thus become an Evoker."

"I hail from the shore across the sea, I traveled here over 17 years ago with my parents when I was just a child. Though I still am by me race's standards. Since journeying to the hall I have trained to use magic and have thus become an Evoker."

Hmm. I? I have suffered probably one of the bloodier battles imagined. Man was not meant to gaze apun the sight of heads split open at your very feet and blood nearing dyeing the fields it fall on. Such things one can never forget. I am only amazed I made it out alive. I fear these nightmares, though, will haunt me for a while. Perhaps I should take my time in the hall, get over the terrors of battle? Yes, gar serim. That's it.

Skrall watched as Nur unsuccessfully solicited his scroll to Tomas. He called over to the sorcerer, "well now, aren't ya the opportunist business man. Plop yerself down on this bench next to mine and fill me in on yer latest undertakin's, it seems like it's been an age since our last quest together."

"Eh, I never cared much for the hagglin' part of the business. It seems I can only sell to the intoxicated." Nur raised his eyebrows and pointed his head sideways in the direction of the drunken paladin. "After the sewers I was fortunate enough to take an assignment above ground and in a fine academic facility at that. Unfortunately it was haunted. Terrible creatures, the undead. My first encounter with them and our party almost didn't make it out of the building alive." If the mage was shaken by the experience, he didn't let on.

"There were some interesting characters in my group. That chatty barbarian Alf there for instance. Don't make eye contact or he'll come over. I quested with him again on a third mission that took us off the island in search of pirates. He was quite instrumental in gaining access to a magical door." En Sabah Nur unfurled one of his scrolls. "The adventure also allowed me to test the witch Elphaba's spells in combat. They were highly effective." Nur rolled up the parchment and stored it in his pack.

"You seem more...determined and focused my friend. What has happened to you since our first quest? How have you advanced? I've been overhearing some chatter in the hall...perhaps you could explain to me what exactly is a Wren and a Zoot?

Boomingham was starting to sober up even more, and for the first time noticed a significant change in his friend's voice, though he did not comment on it. Instead he nodded sympathetically. "Well, my old ears are ready to listen if your young mouth is ready to do the talking required." Stories were important, and Boomingham knew it. You couldn't rush them or push for them, but if they were shared...

"Well, the tribes... Everyone had their own place and Center was our city. People, people who had left their tribes lived there. Leaving for good or bad. When I got there that last time I decided to stop at the old heroes pub." She stopped for a moment and took up her glass. "There was a new oldster there who was avoided by the others. When I entered he saw Cryfder. He shouted that he knew the sword from that 'Stupid tribe I ended.' He was our old leader. The drunken, gambling coward." Her hand on the hilt of sword tightened. "He told me well done for looting such a good blade... A blade of honour. A blade that choses it's wielder... I sat across the room from him and he rambled on about debts and the law after him. He told of poison in a stew pot and fire to cover his crime. Of looting all of value..." Noticing her white knuckles, Tesni slackened her grip. "I had heard enough. I rose and challenged him and he just laughed and said yes. He wanted to know why so I told him. When he heard he was shocked and tried to back out. I struck him then. Struck him hard and he died."

"Yes you are quite observant. Mandy here," She lands on the table. "is the phoenix we found on the island. She really quite nice."

"A phoenix?" Hoke asks as he pets the brightly colored bird.

"I see you seem to have advanced your training. Would you be willing to tell me about it?"

"Yes, I have chosen mystic knight. I have yet not utilized these new skills in combat as I am waiting to complete my training with Master Fox. Your new garb and companions suggest you have taken a step beyond ranger."

He then turns to Alexis and nods kindly, he has already caught up with her. "Madame Ranger, still waiting for your Mage in shining armor to come back?"

"Yes, I have not heard from him since the Ethereal letters service closed, but I'm sure he's doing fine."

"Yes Phoenix's are highly faithful to their owners. Ah, again, you are quite observant, yes I trained with Mr. Fox some time ago to become an Evoker, I can summon creatures to fight for me. One of them is a dragon."

Mandy whistles a soft tune while all of this is going on.

"Yes Phoenix's are highly faithful to their owners. Ah, again, you are quite observant, yes I trained with Mr. Fox some time ago to become an Evoker, I can summon creatures to fight for me. One of them is a dragon!

"An Evoker? So you've chosen to add a bit of magic to your arsenal as well. Can you summon the dragon now. or is it more prudent to be outside?"

"Ah yes, I've found that magic is quite the tool to get the job done. I do not see why he shouldn't be summoned in here, he does tend to knock the tables over but a bit of magic can fix that."

Alexis digs her opal out of her bag and summons Ocven. Poof!

6796436982_95abd2a9f0_z.jpg

"Ah Ocven, it is good to see you. But it appears you have grown, you look much larger. Hoke here wanted to meet you."

[Yes m'lady, I have aged dragons grow steadily until they reach their complete size. I believe that I have now reached it.]

He turns to Hoke.

[Hello Sir Knight, I am Ocven, dragon from the northern mountains.]

"Magnificent! A true pleasure to make your acquaintance. You are the second dragon I have met on my journeys. The other, a youngling named Vipera aided me on my last quest. Without his help, the battles would have truly been much more difficult. Tell me how you aid Alexis in battle."

"Well, the tribes... Everyone had their own place and Center was our city. People, people who had left their tribes lived there. Leaving for good or bad. When I got there that last time I decided to stop at the old heroes pub." She stopped for a moment and took up her glass. "There was a new oldster there who was avoided by the others. When I entered he saw Cryfder. He shouted that he knew the sword from that 'Stupid tribe I ended.' He was our old leader. The drunken, gambling coward." Her hand on the hilt of sword tightened. "He told me well done for looting such a good blade... A blade of honour. A blade that choses it's wielder... I sat across the room from him and he rambled on about debts and the law after him. He told of poison in a stew pot and fire to cover his crime. Of looting all of value..." Noticing her white knuckles, Tesni slackened her grip. "I had heard enough. I rose and challenged him and he just laughed and said yes. He wanted to know why so I told him. When he heard he was shocked and tried to back out. I struck him then. Struck him hard and he died."

Boomingham nods stoically. There's not much to say. Sometimes all one can do is listen and nod, and try to understand.

"Some people deserve to die," is all Boomingham says at the end of the story. "It isn't a pretty thing to say, I suppose, and it's certainly not many people... but some people deserve to die. I wouldn't have done anything differently."

[/i]Have we met? My name's Rone. Dyric Rone. Tracyn'ade. That's what they used to call me back home in Duplovia; Child of Fire. I was so naive then. Before... Suddenly a look of pain crosses my face. Before I... uh... came here.

...So who are you?

Boomingham turns to Dyric, who he had ignored while waiting for Tesni's reply.

"I'm Earl Lawrence Boomingham. Time traveling Paladin of honor. I'm a charmer and a good one at that, so if you've got a lady friend, take care of her." Boomingham laughs uproariously. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, chap. I'm respectful at least, I do have some honor, if not a lot. As long as you're not a green skinned monster under there, we should get along just fine."

Boomingham lurches back as a dragon suddenly appears in the hall. He has not run into an Evoker.

"Holy Ennoc... give a man a warning, would you?! My heart's racing, and if I got any more excited I think my whole body might just stop. What are you trying to do, Alexis?! Kill me?" Boomingham chuckles nervously, whips out his handkerchief and pats his sweaty brow profusely.