solta

MOC city van Citroen Jumper (minifig scale)

indexed.gif V-LC-16F

This is a van with functional sliding side doors. It also has double doors at the back. Inside you can find spare tire.

Factory mark for this vehicle is Citroen Jumper L3H3. It is 6 studs wide (7 studs with mudguards and side mirrors) and 20 studs long. The sticker is custom made.

vrata1.gif

And the back view with opened back doors.

04.jpg

You can find more pictures here: Citroen Jumper

So simple yet a work of genius, AWESOME sliding door van 'solta'. :excited:

I might try something like that later in the year for my modern Aussie town revisit. :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'solta' ! :moar:

That's absolutely brilliant! And the whole design is spot-on, a near-perfect recreation of the Jumper. This would go perfectly with my own town vehicles - I might have to try a bit of reverse-engineering on this :)

This is absolutly brillant, I would love one of these in my town. I could never build somthing like this amazing truck. The sliding door is just epic, as is the rest of the car. :thumbup::wub: :wub: :wub:

Excellent van. Nicely proportioned, nicely scaled and detailed and I love the way you made the sliding door. It's a simple technique, but the best ones often are.

Cheers,

Ralph

I saw this somewhere a couple of weeks ago and I bookmarked the sliding door design immediately. Hope you don't mind if I nick it at some point in the future (like I did Ralph's awesome design as well... guess I make a good thief :tongue: ). The Jumper looks awesome and the simplicity of your solution, as pointed out by Ralph, actually goes a long way towards making it even cooler.

:thumbup: I could steal it from you, for serve in our emergency services? :classic: Edited by EM4CZ

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm glad you like it.

I saw this somewhere a couple of weeks ago and I bookmarked the sliding door design immediately. Hope you don't mind if I nick it at some point in the future (like I did Ralph's awesome design as well... guess I make a good thief :tongue: ). The Jumper looks awesome and the simplicity of your solution, as pointed out by Ralph, actually goes a long way towards making it even cooler.

You probably saw it here: Link to original topic

I don't mind anything. You just try to copy it.

:thumbup: I could steal it from you, for serve in our emergency services? :classic:

Sure. You can steal it. I don't mind. It's here, in the open.

Just a little information for those who will try to recreate this sliding doors: at the end of the guide for doors (while closing) there is a wedge plate. That's for attracting the front end of the door to the vehicle when you are closing them.

I don't mind anything. You just try to copy it.

Hey, to my knowledge, you're the first guy who's effectively used this method, so, at least to me, from now on this will be known as the "solta thin sliding door" technique, and should/ will be credited as such :wink:

Thanks for the additional clarification. And yeah, I saw this MOC @ Kocke - you guys rock!

This easily puts cars in any System set to shame. You've managed to incoroporate functionality and a respectable amount of detail into something less than 5cm wide, and seamlessly at that. The spare tire is icing on the cake.

Possibly the best example of a realstic version of the front end of a minifig scale vehicle I have seen. So simply done yet so accurate!

Great job!

Cheers

Rog

Thanks again everybody.

Best van I have seen on EB. The opening door is great :thumbup:

These van's are sold as a Fiat Ducato in New Zealand.

Yes that's right. In fact it is the same vehicle, only the front mask is different.

In Europe you can choose between Citroen Jumper, Fiat Ducato and Peugeot Boxer.

Please excuse the coming "creative re-use" of your idea by just about everyone on this forum. :)

We don't have Citroen in the US, but it could just about pass as a Mercedes Sprinter van, which is available here for the past couple years.

Edited by woolie

For all those who are interested in how the sliding door works here is the link:

Sliding doors

If you need additional explanation just ask here.

I want this. This needs to be an official set. I'd vote on CUUSOO if it was up there.

I won't add anything concerning the sliding door - it's obvious that this is really ingenious.

I would just like to express my enthusiasm for the design of the van. You nailed the shape of a Jumper - with just a minimum of parts, put together as if they were made for just this. This is what makes a great design IMHO.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Did you use a van baseplate or created custom chassis?

I made custom chassis. Original van baseplate here is not an option.