Scubacarrot

Inspection of the gates

Hello, this is something I build last weekend, I had fun making it, and may expand it in the future. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, I only have access to my phone for them at the moment...

Lord Shale visits a city, and meets with Captain Gladius of the Elite Archers (which does not mean they only use bows!).

6940606185_8da0553297_z.jpg

6794492712_9531a293ab_z.jpg

The Gate itself, it is guarded by two of the Elite Archers.

6794492756_ee727f2258_z.jpg

A shady character is dealing with a merchant who set his stall up outside the gates. Smart, since the gates are locked after dark, and everyone has to wait until morning to get in the city!

6940606291_4071ba2375.jpg

Someone has to do it...

6794492806_17f588f5c2_z.jpg

The wall is well defended... The archers are precise and deadly, it would be stupid to cause any trouble outside the gates.

6940606455_150cc8ed2b_z.jpg

Lord Shale with his bodyguards, even though he does not fight himself. it does not mean he is helpless. His bodyguards are trained swordsmen, and their swords are razor-sharp!

6940606399_2129f6d48f.jpg

Looks like someone did not get over their loss at the Drow Games...

Thanks very much for watching, I hope you enjoyed it, as much as I did building it. Comments, feedback and Criticism are greatly appreciated!

Very nice! That's a pretty substantial wall/gate, it must be a fairly decent-sized city - Queenscross perhaps or Qarkyr? (Am i close?) The detail on the gates is great and so is the bustling scene with the traders. :thumbup: If i have a small suggestion, it might be to break up some of the smoothness of the wall - perhaps with butresses, small windows or variation in stonework, but it still looks pretty nice as is.

ps. Ah, poor Ignacio, i knew him well! He still looks pretty chipper in his disappointment though.. :wink:

Nice scene!

The only thing I am not convinced of is the Gatedoors, but maybe it is because there is only one picture to look at :classic:

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last picture :thumbup::laugh:

Very nice scene. I like the massive regularity of the great stone wall. The last scene is brilliant too, I'm glad he made it back to Kaliphlin!

:classic:

Great scene SC, loving all the details although the pooper scooper guy seems to be enjoying it a bit too much :tongue:

The bricks you've used for the walls are a nice subtle touch. Good job :thumbup:

Very nice! That's a pretty substantial wall/gate, it must be a fairly decent-sized city - Queenscross perhaps or Qarkyr? (Am i close?) The detail on the gates is great and so is the bustling scene with the traders. :thumbup: If i have a small suggestion, it might be to break up some of the smoothness of the wall - perhaps with butresses, small windows or variation in stonework, but it still looks pretty nice as is.

Thanks! I have not decided what city it is yet, I do not think Qarkyr, as it is in the mountains... I'll think of something when I make the next MOC in this series. :blush: The wall was done intentional to make it look like an impenetrable wall, but you are right, the pictures in particular make it look bland. I think I might add a climbing plant, or maybe like a crack in the wall. What I would really like is the same brick in other earthy colours, but they do not exist, unfortunately

Nice scene!

The only thing I am not convinced of is the Gatedoors, but maybe it is because there is only one picture to look at :classic:

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last picture :thumbup::laugh:

Thanks! I was thinking about adding a few more pieces at the top of the gatedoors, but I do not have any more of those curved brown pieces.. May try to find a solution for that as well..

Very nice scene. I like the massive regularity of the great stone wall. The last scene is brilliant too, I'm glad he made it back to Kaliphlin!

:classic:

Thanks much :classic:

Great scene SC, loving all the details although the pooper scooper guy seems to be enjoying it a bit too much :tongue:

The bricks you've used for the walls are a nice subtle touch. Good job :thumbup:

Thanks! Perhaps the other guy told him a joke :tongue:

Someone has to do it...

:laugh: lol

Great job overall. I like the gate. The wall is a bit smooth, but I've done ones like that too. You could add a pilaster on either side of the gate sticking out a bit, or a statue on either side of the gate, if you wanted to break up the smoothness at all. It still looks pretty good, and the pictures aren't bad for a phone.

Those walls are awesome but I can't figure out what pieces you used. I would love to see an entire city wall built like that as the walls look like they are made from solid stone blocks.