maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

So it can rotate and turn the sails into the wind.

That's it. The update version of this mill is the smock mill where only the top rotate.

Here is another picture with good view on the stilts and the middle attachment to the upper structure.

very Big picture of a post mill

The long bar (good to see on this picture) is the lever arm to rotate them on the socket.

Phil

Once again you've managed to absolutely exceed the expectations. That postmill of yours looks just like the ones that still can be visited where I live, right down to the colour scheme :cry_happy:

Now I hope you can manage to find a good spot to place it at, but I'm positive that this won't be a problem for you :sweet:

Amazing! That's gotta be one of the best and most realistic Lego mills I've seen. Some years ago I also toyed with the idea of building a medieval mill for my Vikings using only tiles, but I never got around to actually constructing it. As for the colors, maybe you could mix in different shades of grey tiles to give it that worn look (old dark/light grey, new dark/light gray). I would've loved to have seen a grey version of this mill, but I understand and agree that it might looks a bit weird (like it's made out of metal or something). Anyway, great job :thumbup: . Can't wait to see this incorporated into the diorama!

Great job and love the new addition! cant wait to see how it fit in with the landscape and what you have up your sleeve next!

You should change your nickname to:

MAKE MY DAY ARTIST!!

:tongue:

another great creation!

Thank you for sharing

It is very funny to me see this variant.

Best is, that the mayday slogan in 2010 was this one :wink:

dao_page_block_7572_img1__mayday_2010_10_block266.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, I love the mill.

It looks very realistic. Will you insert a motor to turn the Wings?

Not in this moment, maybe later. The problem is the axle for the wings is the same for the roof connection.

...Now I hope you can manage to find a good spot to place it at, but I'm positive that this won't be a problem for you :sweet:

You are absolutely right, the managment is a little bit more difficult.

The idea for the mill starts with the ecognition to expand for the farm.

The new problem is that the rotation arm on the backside needs more place than expected.

So, the extension of 16 studs need another 16 studs for this problem.

But I will only expand chapter 4 with a little bit optical finesse.

First picture for this extended extension :laugh:

img_9874.jpg

Phil

Haven't checked the progress of this in a while, but it looks wonderful. That windmill looks nice, as does the weeping willow. The rockwork and other landscaping looks nice also.

Great new picture. I can't believe the sheer mass of this project so far. You're really testing my patience, because I want to see the finished product now! :tongue: Going through this thread and looking at the pictures is so awe-some! This thing is going to up the ante to MOC builders.

Hi, can we get some pictures of how you did the large pine trees? Perhaps they were posted somewhere and I just missed them?

Edited by Stormy Arthur

Oh man, i don't check in for a while and when i do it's all BAM awesome barn and BAM awesome windmill... great work! :thumbup: I especially like the thatched roof on the barn, looks amazing. This whole layout must be massive now - even with some of your pulled back shots i still can't get my head around where everything is.

Can't wait for the next update! :sweet:

Hi, can we get some pictures of how you did the large pine trees? Perhaps they were posted somewhere and I just missed them?

Hi, I have taken some pictures of my pine last year and add them to a collage.

baum.jpg

The big one on chapter 3 has a tree trunk out of the western series. This tree has no building instruction yet. Sooner or later a secont thread similar to the building instruction of Derfel Cadarn will show some details of this landscape.

The mill place, without plants and trees, is nearly done.

I hope to show him later this evening.

Phil

Hey Phil,

is there any way to see your creation in real, at a convention or anything simular?

Hi Bob(?)

You are from Düsseldorf? That´s perfect.

I will display my landscape this year on the

logo_lego_fanwelt_2012.gif

in cologne.

It is my first time on such a convention and I'm very excited about the line up for this year.

I will display my landscape this year on the

logo_lego_fanwelt_2012.gif

in cologne.

That's good to know! :classic:

In cologne, that´s indeed next to me.

So very good news for me, I will visit this convention.

kind regards Bob (Klaus) :-)

hey wow, cologne, is there more info available about that event?

hey wow, cologne, is there more info available about that event?

Oh yes. It is a convention of Lego and the mbfr.jpg in the cologne convention center.

It will be about 30.000 m² with MOCs and many more.

You can read more information (in german) on FANWELT 2012

Btt:

I am pleased to present you chapter 4 with the postmill, the little mill lake and the weeping willow.

It is late, so the picture are only with electric lights and I have to hurry up.

Here are the first three pictures:

img_9875.jpg

img_9876.jpg

img_9877.jpg

good night

Phil

I don't even know what to say anymore...brilliant. The landscape is great. The dirt path, the elevation changes. Everything is great as usual. I can't wait to see some pictures of the whole set up at the convention.

This idea with the mill is just superb. This is definitely one of my favorite MOC's. :thumbup:

If you would NXTfy it that would be even more awesome! :wink:

Great, the circle around the mill caused by the wheel, is the dot over an I.

Edited by BobBongo1895