Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

I don't think we need a Military theme, although I wouldn't mind one :classic:

I say this because we can easily MOD action themes such as CITY Police with companies such as BrickArms, which has grown very popular.

Back to CITY sets, the obvious suggestion is a new Hospital, which may be coming in the summer wave of 2012 CITY, since there is an ambulance in the first wave. I would love a modular Hospital though... :wub_drool:

I would like to see a Recycling/Rubbish plant, complete with forklifts, trucks (as well as those from wave 1), and a large-ish warehouse with a furnace, ways to transport, and recycle rubbish. A set like this has the potential for great playability.

Another idea - leisure centre. This would be another large set, with a swimming pool, changing rooms, toilets, a gym, sports hall, and snack area. Then of course a small car park and garden area outside.

Edited by HighFlyer

I would like to see a Recycling/Rubbish plant, complete with forklifts, trucks (as well as those from wave 1), and a large-ish warehouse with a furnace, ways to transport, and recycle rubbish. A set like this has the potential for great playability.

I think there is recycling setup set as a store exclusive next year.....if my memory serves me correct ! :wink:

Now, totally on topic....a new public works depot....well with all the construction vehicles over the last 6 years right ? :wink:

A remake of this set would work>

6661-1.jpg

Using the new police van style and a huge movable/retractable dish on top, a camera guy and a female news reporter. :classic:

A remake of this set would work>

6661-1.jpg

Using the new police van style and a huge movable/retractable dish on top, a camera guy and a female news reporter. :classic:

oh yes that would be much welcome a TV News crew and van and also some press minifigs.

I would also love a recreation to the TV Themed Sets Truck Helicopter and something new a TV Station complete with studio weather map broadcast booth etc.

I was lying in bed the other night thinking about my own Lego city/town and realised that there has never been a canal in Lego town. Or any canal boats/barges. So in light of that I'd like Lego to rectify this with a narrowboat (never call them a barge), butty barge (cargo transport), tourist cruise boat and a shorter sporty personal canal cruiser.

After all canals have been and still are an important part of many countries histories. It would also make a nice change in the boat theme instead of police and fire boats or cargo hauliers.

Canal boats are flat bottomed so creating a canal cutting wouldn't mean having to build up steep banks like a river would. a single brick height is as high as anyone would need to go for a cutting. blue, or green (dirty canal) plates for water. it could very easily be achieved.

I also think a covered outdoor market would fit nicely in many town set ups. Just a roof held up by pillars or stanchions with a variety of stalls beneath. It could be historic looking or modern but it should be a covered area. Make use of the many types of accessories Lego makes and technically it wouldn't use too many parts so for quite a large set would be reasonably priced. plus being open on all sides little hands could really get in there and play 'shop'.

'City' products that I would like to see introduced;

Bus/Coach (separate) - As I'm sure many of you know, these were included in the 'City Corner' and 'Transport' sets, but I think it would be absolutely wonderful if these were sold separately. They warrant being bought in various quantities for obvious reasons, and would be perfect for the £14.99 range that is currently in place.

Market Stalls - Very straightforward, just three or four marquees for different kinds of products (such as vegetables, clothes).

Post Office - Obviously a Winter themed one was introduced, but I'd love to see a more contemporary version with better playability value.

I was lying in bed the other night thinking about my own Lego city/town...

A man after my own heart!

I can't remember if I ever posted in this topic. The canal boat idea could be more of a creator set. Definately think a news set would be great, the van, the figs and a news room aswell as the post office, since they didn't do one when they done the mail van and plane. I always thought they should have done a seperate taxi set too, an essential for most cities. Definately a new hospital, I missed the last one, a leisure centre sounds great but I could see it more split up, a swimming pool as a seperate set, a gym as a modular building, or you could easily make one yourself.

I know this has been suggested numerous times and I know TLG has already done similar sets but I think an amusement park subtheme could work on so many levels, you have the impulse sets like candy floss seller, balloon guy, etc, small sets like a coconut shy, dunk a clown, etc, medium, admission gate, a smaller carousel then the creator one and a ferris wheel and larger sets like a roller coaster, fun slide, fun house, etc.

Another,

A zoo, animal pens, a cafe and entrance.

You know you want them.

Remember everyone, it's children who play with this as well :wink: , so it must interest them the most.....interactive play is very important. :classic:

Features of opening sections, operating machinery and cool vehicles is generally what kids what and as close to real life as possible.

A group of market stalls might work if tied to a transport or police sub-theme....delivery of goods or customers or yet again police chasing a thief between the stalls.

I still wait for two things, a new truck stop (25 year wait) and a builders/construction/mining supplies (hardware store)...heaps of tools, materials and the chance of cool machinery - loading cranes, front end loader, another telearm lift truck.

Like I said, it's what a child would want to play with, so put on your 10 year old kid thinking cap and get dreaming ! :grin:

Personally, I'd love to see the City line produce a new Gas Station/Car Wash in 2013. I wasn't into City in 2007 when they released the epic 7993 Service Station... my city's got all these cars and nowhere to get gas!! Plus no mini market for these cops to hang out in and flirt with the employees!

I could definitely also see TLG put out another edition of the 'Great Vehicles' series. Some things I'd like to see:

1. An Ice Cream Truck! This could be an amazing set full of great little details, including the popsicles and the butcher's hat from CMF Series 6. And if the set came in short of the price/piece range, they could fill it out with a small playground and a few kids!
  2. A TV News Crew Van. I've seen several people here calling for one, and although I have the great 6553 Crisis News Crew in my collection, I'm sure it'd be a welcome addition to the landscape. Besides the van itself, they could either add a copter or perhaps a full complement of crew, including cameraman, boom mike operator, driver and of course the reporter.
  3. A new Cement Mixer. Also missing from my growing City collection is the 7990 Cement Mixer set, which is pretty great... but could certainly be improved upon with today's new pieces and focus on aesthetics. I'd be all over this, to be honest.
  4. A School Bus! Yes, we've had a few buses by now, but never the traditional yellow and black school bus we've all grown up with on our way to and from school. Load it up with kids and a driver and you've got yourself a winning set right there! And if all else fails, throw in a crossing guard with an orange vest outside to keep the little ones safe!
  5. A Car Carrier Transport, perhaps with a few convertibles in transit. A I know that they've done it in Duplo form, but outside of 1996's Indy Transport I don't remember ever seeing one done right in System form. Might be hard to get this to conform to the same price point/piece range, and I'd rather they bumped it to a $29.99USD range to get it just right.

Otherwise, I just hope TLG keeps things fresh and exciting in 2013! Try something new, do something you've never done before... and keep things CIVILIAN! Build that school. Give us a veterinary clinic. How about a market of some sort? As my good friend Lightning Tiger said, consider a hardware store, stuffed to the gills with all the tool molds acquired over the years and featuring that brand new beautiful wheelbarrow. That's my 2 cents!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

and featuring that brand new beautiful wheelbarrow

In colours like blue and grey and green. Last thing anyone wants is a million red wheelbarrows like the hand trolley and bicycle.

Well, besides a new post office I really would like to get:

- a public library (since I am a librarian...) - might be better as a modular building

- a cinema - dito

- a supermarket

More Paradisa type sets. Lego City seems to exist only for the transportation of goods and protection of property. But no goods are actually consumed, and no additional services are actually rendered :sceptic:

Well, besides a new post office I really would like to get:

- a public library (since I am a librarian...) - might be better as a modular building

- a cinema - dito

- a supermarket

Agree on most points, especially a supermarket, maybe even standalone Megamarket. Car dealership also sounds like a good idea.

I dont know if its been suggested before but I would love to see a pack containing roadside objects.

Specifically it would include traffic lights, signs (including maybe a bus stop sign), garbage bins (grey for garbage, green for recycling), fire hydrants and wooden benches. So all the things one needs for a street scape.

Maybe also (in that set or in another one) have some street lights. Maybe make a payphone, post box and other things for this too...

Did you know that technically it's called 'street furniture' by those in the city planning departments. Just an FYI. Including post boxes, bus stops, railings and bollards.

I don't think Lego would do a set just for that stuff but perhaps including two or three maintainance minifigs or civillians would give it a better chance. As an update to this set from 2009 City minifigures 8401

I noticed that my toddler loves playing with the mail box and letters in the Forest Police Station.

When I was a kid I loved the post office and post truck. Why? Don't know, they were just neat and playable I guess.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6362-1

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6651-1

Would be nice if 2013 brought a post office line with 2 to 4 sets:

- post office (forest post office? :tongue: )

- mail truck

- mail plane

- mini-set of postman on bike, with corner postbox and lamp-post or such

I would really love postal service sets:

*Mail Van

*Mail Plane

*Post Office

I would also like civilian style buildings:

*Apartment

*Coffee Shop

*Restaurant

*Supermarket

*Shopping center

*Library

*School

:classic:

here are some of my ideas for new sets:

bigger sets

petrol station - 1 or 2 cars, 3 axels petrol truck, building with cofe corner+shop , at least 4 pumps and car wash ,5 minifig, price around 75 - 90 eur

post office - main office, store room , post van or truck similar to new ambulance car,3 minifig, 40 eur

bus staation - touring coach, public transport bus, shelter and shop, 6 minifig,50 eur

supermarket - main building, delivery truck, forklift, 5 minifig, 40-50eur

smaller sets

touring coach - 3 minifig, 20 eur

public transport bus - 3 minifig, 20 eur

street sweeper - 2 minifig, 15 eur

delivery truck - 1 minifig, 15 eur

tv truck - 2 minifig, camera, 20 eur

pizza delivery car - 1 minifig , 10 eur

small truck - 1 minifig, 15 eur

flower shop - 1 minifig, 15 eur

fast food shop - 2 minifig, 20 eur

cars similar to police cars , but in civilian versions

To do more LEGO Buildings (perhaps related to older ones like City Corner) in general. Preferably in a 8x16 style.

To make a second LEGO McDonalds set! Plus more licensed buildings in general.

I'm sad because I've got only 1 Lego City set :< For all years I was collecting Bionicle. Now, it's time for minifigs :D ! I think that I would like to see some shops, supermarkets, you know all this stuff.

That would be nice to buy a Milk-man truck. And a news reporters truck! What do you think?

The supermarket would be a great idea as it would no doubt include a lot more food items (fish counter with fish, crabs, a bakery with bread and the clown's cakes as well as fruit and veg and other boxed, bottled and tinned items). It would be good to get some new tiles with pictures of different foods like some of the old ones I have seen as well as a wide variety of civilian figures.

What I think would sell well for every city collector are City 'filler' sets containing items to make a better layout and to provide more accessories. Previous examples of this have been very poor with very few minifigures (not to mention repeats of figures which come in every other set). A couple of sets with trees, flowers (include new orange and light blue colours), benches, a statue, new colour bicycles, lamp posts, traffic lights, fences, new hedges, roundabouts, bus stops and signs.

If this was combined with a new selection of a lot (say about 30) new figures not included in any other sets at a decent price I am sure every City fan would buy a copy. They could even theme each pack...

Summer In The City, minifigs in T-Shirts and shorts, girls in summer dresses, a small ice cream stand, plenty of flowers.

Winter City, minifigures in warm clothing - hats, gloves and scarves, snow covered trees, kids with sledges, a snowman

City Business District - figures in office attire, mobile phones, laptops, briefcases. Other figures dressed as civilian employees like waiters and fast food workers.

Other options could include a school set, a farm expansion pack with sheeps, goats, pigs, cows, chickens - basically anything except for police, fire and construction!

Edited by lifeinplastic