The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

I have always wanted to watch Doctor Who. I knew what it all was about, I saw much about it by browsing on the internet and it really sparked my interest. I also saw a couple of episodes of Torchwood some time ago, knowing it's a spin-off of Doctor Who, but it seems Doctor Who is much lighter.

I was going to watch a few on BBC, but never did (and I also would have fallen in the middle of a story). Internet was the second option, but then I never thought about it much until a fantastic channel in Belgium, started with broadcasting Doctor Who this week. And after watching the first five episodes of the fifth series (for reasons unknown they started with the fifth series, but it's a new Doctor anyway), I must say I love it already. Yes, it's over the top and often things happen by coincidence, it's awesome. It's almost as it doesn't take it self very serious at times and that makes it a refreshing new series I have discovered. I love it when I discover a new awesome programme. The Doctor is great and so is Amy, the stories are almost magical fantastic. I can't wait to see more of it!

Edited by Matn

And after watching the first five episodes of the fifth series (for reasons unknown they started with the fifth series, but it's a new Doctor anyway), I must say I love it already. Yes, it's over the top and often things happen by coincidence, it's awesome. It's almost as it doesn't take it self very serious at times and that makes it a refreshing new series I have discovered. I love it when I discover a new awesome programme. The Doctor is great and so is Amy, the stories are almost magical fantastic. I can't wait to see more of it!

Series 5 is a very good place to start, it's almost as if it's starting anew, there's very few references to the classic or new series in it and both series 5 and 6 make more sense when watched together.

Series 5 is a very good place to start, it's almost as if it's starting anew, there's very few references to the classic or new series in it and both series 5 and 6 make more sense when watched together.

That's what I did. then I went backwards for 1-4 (minus a special or two probably), and then popped out some classics, all I've seen so far being:

Genesis of the Daleks, The Face of Evil, and The Ark in Space

and a clip of the doctor explaining "bigger on the inside" to leela (wait, no I remembered - that is from The Face of Evil. I just liked it so i rewatched the clip on youtube)

and then all of torchwood.

And now I'm watching sherlock and it feels much healthier, lemme tell ya :tongue:

I'm fond of Doctor Who and flat out love bits and pieces, certain episodes and arcs and the characters but it's actually too intense for me to be a full time super loyal fan.

I'll probably stop and fully catch up on some lumpy basis in times when I'm too weak n' bored to resist :wink:

but even with torchwood being where the really intense choosing between two evils happens, holy crud "the girl who waited"! and the rollercoaster ride of existence and nonexistence for rory: All some crazy intense heart tuggery. and besides that, plot twisting all over the place with every status quo restoration, deus ex machina, timey wimey excuse and gotcha ever devised and then some. I can go for about half of em but others just freak me out.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Genesis of the Daleks, The Face of Evil, and The Ark in Space

And now I'm watching Sherlock and it feels much healthier, lemme tell ya :tongue:

I'm fond of Doctor Who and flat out love bits and pieces, certain episodes and arcs and the characters but it's actually too intense for me to be a full time super loyal fan.

I really liked Genesis of the Daleks, i? wish they would do similar less complicated episodes now.

I agree about your point where DW gets a bit heavy handed or intense, but that's part of the fun.

I also really love Sherlock.

First official photo from filming:

2xWlB.jpg

Ah It's good to have them back.

First leaked set photo:

izqat.jpg

That's Mark Williams aka Arthur Weasley on the left. Apparently He's playing Rory's father.

Edited by simonjedi

I think you mean the *right* :tongue:

Looking forward to this series, though I hate the new schedule. I hope the story arc is toned down to episodic like series 5, it ate up way too much of series 6 for me.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It's interesting how they are back at the Bad Wolf place where the Doctor says goodbye to Rose..

That's going to have an interesting plot.

It's interesting how they are back at the Bad Wolf place where the Doctor says goodbye to Rose..

That's going to have an interesting plot.

I hope by 'interesting' you don't mean involving Rose in any way shape or form :hmpf_bad:.

It's the same location where they filmed Bad Wolf Bay but it's not actually Bad Wolf Bay.

So don't assume that series 7 features the inglorious return of Rose Tyler

It's the same location where they filmed Bad Wolf Bay but it's not actually Bad Wolf Bay.

So don't assume that series 7 features the inglorious return of Rose Tyler

Ah good. I can't wait for the next series :excited:, I really hope Amy gets a proper send off, but Rory stays.

I am a Doctor Who fan, but I've gone off it recently, Moffat made it too complicated which is unfortunate but Series 5 is perfect! But then again I also thought that a lot of the RTD era was written for children (I mean Slitheen - farting? no? not childish?)

When I fist saw the Eleventh Hour, I had to wait until the Wednesday after to see it as I was away with the choir that week. It was wonderful, it felt like a different TV show and it had magic that had never been in the show before! But now it seems like Moffat has used his magic up and is making the story-lines too difficult to follow. Even with the:

Astronaut shooting the teselecta instead of the Doctor

felt like such a cop-out...

The Classic series is way underrated!

Ah good. I can't wait for the next series :excited:, I really hope Amy gets a proper send off, but Rory stays.

I would love that actually. Rory is an awesome character.

I am sure am looking like a goon with this post but... My girlfriend is a wicked big Doctor Who fan. I have had to watch it for a bit since she is re-watching a bunch, and I have to say the 10th doctor is the best. He is sarcastic and witty. they should have kept with him IMHO.

I am sure am looking like a goon with this post but... My girlfriend is a wicked big Doctor Who fan. I have had to watch it for a bit since she is re-watching a bunch, and I have to say the 10th doctor is the best. He is sarcastic and witty. they should have kept with him IMHO.

I think it was Tenants decision to leave to play in theatre or something. Which is is a shame as I also like him (along with 3 and 11).

Jenna-Louise Coleman has been announced as the new companion!

I think she will be terrific :sweet:

Link :look:.

One more article with info on Season 7 (and more of the same about the new companion. This seems to be the article that one quoted in the one previously posted...):

Article

MORE DETAILS REVEALED TODAY:

· Steven Moffat revealed “Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time!”

· There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna’s character will first be seen at Xmas.

I wonder who dies. I'm kinda thinking it'll be Amy :cry_sad:, but perhaps it's just some random other people. It can't be Rory though. You can't kill Rory. It's just impossible. He dies, but he always comes back...

Thanks. :hmpf_bad: no one can replace Rory and Amy, I'm disappointed it wasn't a male companion this time, the last lead male was... erm Ian :sceptic:.

New Companion Announced for BBC America’s ‘Doctor Who’

Erm BBC America :sceptic:. Nice try.

Who she’s playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor’s standards, this isn’t your usual boy meets girl.

Please can we have a companion that isn't the most important person in the universe ever? It's getting kind of boring. I just want a normal person who accidentally stumbles into the TARDIS.

Publicity pic...

tumblr_m1cp292uAe1r9zeo4o1_500.jpg

Trailer from doctor who con:

Also it turns out that the Weeping Angels/Rory and Amy's final episode takes place in New York, and there's a certain huge statue there!

Edited by simonjedi

Hahahahahahahaha simon :roflmao:

but Lady L can't be an angel. Unless she's like, a very patient sleeping weeping god.... :pir-oh3: oh my

Or maybe it's because there is always at least one person looking at her?

Or maybe it's because there is always at least one person looking at her?

Well hey, sure. Now I feel like a doofus. The observed form isn't really true form anyway, even though they usually stick to the one design, or go crumbly

Erm BBC America :sceptic:. Nice try.

Please excuse my compatriots' myopic idiocy. I have no idea how that happens; Entertainment freakin' journalists, man. :sceptic:

Oh gods.. I did not know we had an antoine dodson emoticon here (:dumb:) :laugh_hard:

Trailer from doctor who con:

Also it turns out that the Weeping Angels/Rory and Amy's final episode takes place in New York, and there's a certain huge statue there!

*oh2*:look::cry_sad:

Please excuse my compatriots' myopic idiocy. I have no idea how that happens; Entertainment freakin' journalists, man. :sceptic:

:classic: