Really fun to look through this thread, some of these, especially the Harry Potter and Imperial Shuttle ones are very neat. :thumbup:

The same set also includes barrels with the Octan color scheme. Coincidence? Unlikely. :wink: While this may be common place in non-licensed Lego sets, I'm pretty sure it counts as an easter egg in licensed sets.

I think that there were some in the original Batcave too. :classic:

Oh, you're right! Good call! :thumbup:

They don't. I DON'T know why I forgot that. :wacko:

I thought so too:

I got one. :cry_sad:

The Cirth runes over the gate in the Mines of Moria set is just gibberish:

njibgwnjiō pdy ēōbō

It would have been a great Easter egg if it actually spelled out something! :laugh:

But,

Duke discovered that apparently they used Anglo-Saxon runes (which correspond to Tolkien's quite often):

Actually.. it looks like they are Anglo-Saxon runes which say:

'Diordie was here', whoever Diordie is? Perhaps a set designer.

So yes, that is an Easter egg in there. :thumbup:

I thought so too:

But,

Duke discovered that apparently they used Anglo-Saxon runes (which correspond to Tolkien's quite often):

So yes, that is an Easter egg in there. :thumbup:

That is a good one, probably one of the set designers. :grin:

My friend says the ninjago theme song is the same as the power miners theme sped up. I havent heard those two songs yet, though.

WTF? The Power Miners had a theme song?! :wacko: Well, even if that's true, I don't think it's an easter egg.

My friend says the ninjago theme song is the same as the power miners theme sped up. I havent heard those two songs yet, though.

Sounds unlikely. If by theme song you mean the actual song "The Weekend Whip", it's unlikely due to being written not by LEGO, but the band The Fold. If, on the other hand, you mean the orchestral theme played in the TV series and some commercials, like that of the Ninjago board game, it's unlikely due to that theme being too slow already to be something else sped up.

And like Oky, I don't recall Power Miners having a theme song at all. If I remember correctly, generic rock music was used for the TV commercials and the "Monster See, Monster Do" videos.

One of the soldiers in the indiana jones videogames salutes like Arnold Rimmer from the TV show Red Dwarf. :wink:

Kranxx(Spelling?) can be seen in the canteen in May the Fourth be with you. Wrench can later be seen talking to a manta warrior in bib fortuna's clothes in Jabba's palace.

the lego star wars watch (anakin skywalker) easter eggs:

when the watch was first released, the label on it was miss-pelt an 'anakin skywlacker'

it was released again with the correct spelling, but the correct spelling watch is harder to find.

oh yes, remember jedi bob?

One of the soldiers in the indiana jones videogames salutes like Arnold Rimmer from the TV show Red Dwarf. :wink:

Kranxx(Spelling?) can be seen in the canteen in May the Fourth be with you. Wrench can later be seen talking to a manta warrior in bib fortuna's clothes in Jabba's palace.

the lego star wars watch (anakin skywalker) easter eggs:

when the watch was first released, the label on it was miss-pelt an 'anakin skywlacker'

it was released again with the correct spelling, but the correct spelling watch is harder to find.

Guys, none of those things are easter eggs in Lego sets. :hmpf: The mislabeling is just that; a production error.

oh yes, remember jedi bob?

What about him? Are you saying his name is a reference to someone, like a Lego designer? I think they just made that name up for the Visual Dictionary. Bob is often used as a generic common name.

Guys, none of those things are easter eggs in Lego sets. :hmpf: The mislabeling is just that; a production error.

What about him? Are you saying his name is a reference to someone, like a Lego designer? I think they just made that name up for the Visual Dictionary. Bob is often used as a generic common name.

Who is "Jedi Bob"?

The title says,"lego easter eggs" not "lego set easter eggs". These are good easter eggs, no?

I must ask you to accept this, as pretty much all of the good easter eggs are gone.Plus an apology.

The title says,"lego easter eggs" not "lego set easter eggs". These are good easter eggs, no?

I must ask you to accept this, as pretty much all of the good easter eggs are gone.Plus an apology.

"Easter eggs" are deliberately placed references/extras or in-jokes included in a product for the consumer to find . A mistake is a mistake.

An Easter egg hunt is set up deliberately (usually) for children to hunt out the eggs. However if you randomly find an easter egg in the street it's just because a child dropped it....and please don't eat it :laugh:

Edited by surrideo

No, not really. The Arnold Rimmer thing is a pop culture reference at best, and I'm pretty sure that the appearance of the SP3 aliens and Atlantis creatures in the May the Fourth video is not because they're supposed to be a reference to those themes, but because the animator needed more aliens to put into the scene.

It may not be in the topic's title, but Macoco said in this post that we should keep it to easter eggs in sets since there are far too many to list from media.

And you want an apology? For What? For "having a differing opinion" from yours? :snicker:

"Easter eggs" are deliberately placed references/extras or in-jokes included in a product for the consumer to find . A mistake is a mistake.

An Easter egg hunt is set up deliberately (usually) for children to hunt out the eggs. However if you randomly find an easter egg in the street it's just because a child dropped it....and please don't eat it :laugh:

Exactly. :thumbup:

Hello, thank you for your contributions. I did mention earlier that we should stick to Easter Eggs that pertain to sets only mainly because it is more fun, since in digital media obviously we have many. I am sure we still have loads of new Easter Eggs out there that no one has found or mentioned yet. :classic:

This is a good explanation. :thumbup:

On the National Geographic Lego Factory show, one of the designers indicated the TB in the license plate in the car from the police station were (I think he said) his initials.

Also, the designer of the City Hall set said on the video that the year on the top is her birth year backwards.

Steve

On the National Geographic Lego Factory show, one of the designers indicated the TB in the license plate in the car from the police station were (I think he said) his initials.

Also, the designer of the City Hall set said on the video that the year on the top is her birth year backwards.

Steve

That's not the actual meaning to the "1891", it refers to something in Kirks life. It's escaping me what exactly it is...someone will help me out soon. FB is the same way, I believe that was the year of his birth?

That's not the actual meaning to the "1891", it refers to something in Kirks life. It's escaping me what exactly it is...someone will help me out soon. FB is the same way, I believe that was the year of his birth?

1891 was the year of his birth. 1932 was the year the LEGO company was started.

1891 was the year of his birth. 1932 was the year the LEGO company was started.

Ah ha! Thank you. I knew one of those was his birth year. You're always on top of things, Ricecracker. :tongue:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Black Tron logo on CM-3 Space Villain, but there's that and a ton of references to previous themes in Space Police III, like the Octan logos on the Skull Twins' jackets.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Black Tron logo on CM-3 Space Villain, but there's that and a ton of references to previous themes in Space Police III, like the Octan logos on the Skull Twins' jackets.

The Classic Space references in S.P. III have been brought up already.

The Classic Space references in S.P. III have been brought up already.

Just the Classic Space references? Because another easter egg that comes to mind is the graffiti-ed container in the Space Truck Getaway, on which you can still see the LEGO City Cargo logo.

Just the Classic Space references? Because another easter egg that comes to mind is the graffiti-ed container in the Space Truck Getaway, on which you can still see the LEGO City Cargo logo.

That is not any more an Easter Egg than the Octan symbol on the Skull Twins jackets. It is simply an in-house brand/company.