ibecks

Building Cafe Corner via Bricklink

I was fortunate enough to buy a set for about 250 euro here in Holland. It was juist discontinued by the Lego Group. Had i known sooner about these special sets, i would have bgun to buy them earlier. The can't be bought in the regular toy shops and can only ordered on Internet. (No special Lego shops here, we have to go to Germany to find one).

The price you payed for it seems resonable. Never pay $100 for instructions, you can get them in PDF format on the Internet for free. Great work and hope to see an MOC from you soon.

Yeah, it would be hard to pay that for instructions, I personally don't have them for the set, but would like to get them to complete it. I just got back into Lego this last year after my son got a Lego set for Christmas '10, and I got hooked again after not even looking at them since I was about 13(a long time ago :classic: ), so I missed out on the first 3 mods if you include Market St as one. Probably spent about $3000 this last year on different lines of Lego for me and my son both to mess around with. Sold my old ones for about $750, so that helped curb the price. My wife thinks i'm crazy, but I really don't spend money on other things like video games and such, so there was plenty of money to feed this (now) addiction.

Okay, you can laugh and point fingers at me, but I am just done Bricklinking the Cafe Corner with all the correct pieces and colours... Including shipping I ended up spending 570 dollars!!! - I chose to buy all bricks from BL and not go through my own collection first

570 dollars seems A LOT and it is, but the whole process was so much fun. I have just finished the bottom floor last night

I've already bought a new "spare" Cafe corner. My christmas extra Wage cover it (250$ finally using another bricks) :tongue:

I love this set, if fits really good in my city town :cry_happy:

Edited by Otum

Okay, you can laugh and point fingers at me, but I am just done Bricklinking the Cafe Corner with all the correct pieces and colours... Including shipping I ended up spending 570 dollars!!! - I chose to buy all bricks from BL and not go through my own collection first

570 dollars seems A LOT and it is, but the whole process was so much fun. I have just finished the bottom floor last night

Did you include an interiour, or did you just made the original buidling?

The massive price (570) was merely for shipping fees and the bricks required to build the actual set...

The massive price (570) was merely for shipping fees and the bricks required to build the actual set...

No laughing... just respect :sweet:

Some things you just NEED to own, and CC is definately one of them.

570$ is a lot of money. But it's not gigantic.

I was lucky to get mine (original set via Bricklink) just before the price went skyrocket. It cost me around 325$

No laughing... just respect :sweet:

Some things you just NEED to own, and CC is definately one of them.

570$ is a lot of money. But it's not gigantic.

I was lucky to get mine (original set via Bricklink) just before the price went skyrocket. It cost me around 325$

Lucky you :)

What did it cost you in shipping fee? It's a heavy motherf...

I don't envy you guys at all when it comes to shipping prices. We can send stuff around the US for next to nothing, assuming the seller isn't gouging you. I have sent some ebay stuff overseas, but for global express(to get tracking) the buyer is looking at $40 for a small box. That same box around the states is probably $8-10. Getting stuff shipped from Lego was kind of pricey for me getting all the CC parts, but I had enough VIP points to cover it, and more, helping reduce my price a bit.

Edited by LegoDad

I don't envy you guys at all when it comes to shipping prices. We can send stuff around the US for next to nothing, assuming the seller isn't gouging you. I have sent some ebay stuff overseas, but for global express(to get tracking) the buyer is looking at $40 for a small box. That same box around the states is probably $8-10. Getting stuff shipped from Lego was kind of pricey for me getting all the CC parts, but I had enough VIP points to cover it, and more, helping reduce my price a bit.

Yeah, shipping prices really kill us europeans... I tried to buy most of the CC bricks from Danish/EU Bricklink stores to save on shipping, but bricks tend to be more expensive in European Bricklink stores compared to US stores - it's kind of a loose/loose situation at times :(

That sounds very interesting to do, but how do you pull something off like that? I just discovered Bricklink but haven't bought anything yet, , but it looks to me that you want to order as much bricks as possible from the same shop to keep the shipping fees low. How do you fix that?

That sounds very interesting to do, but how do you pull something off like that? I just discovered Bricklink but haven't bought anything yet, , but it looks to me that you want to order as much bricks as possible from the same shop to keep the shipping fees low. How do you fix that?

Bricklink has a feature called Wanted - here you can make a wanted list from 'parting out' a set.

It's difficult to explain - I hope someone else sees this, so they can explain better, but you should play around with the features though :)

Bricklink has a feature called Wanted - here you can make a wanted list from 'parting out' a set.

It's difficult to explain - I hope someone else sees this, so they can explain better, but you should play around with the features though :)

Thanks for that! I've found that function and I got 26 (auto generated?) emails so far about the parts.. :laugh:

Thanks for that! I've found that function and I got 26 (auto generated?) emails so far about the parts.. :laugh:

Haha, yeah you should delete the wanted list, and make a new one where you unclick the e-mail notifications...

I just started looking into this set via bricklink after going through my own supply. I was also surprised having a good amount of the pieces already just from regular sets that I didn't plan on building. I just got back into lego after a 15 year hiatus, so I missed out on random sets for the newer colors. But Bricklink does have some good deals for sure. I would suggest going to the wanted tab, and then the sub-tab "by shop" and make sure that wanted list has all the pieces you want and it will query every shop with the most pieces in that wanted list. You can save on shipping that way for sure.

Also, using Lego direct is another good find. I just ordered a huge amount from them at over 60% off compared to the lowest bricklink prices from various stores and all at the low, low shipping price of $2.95, so I plan on using Lego direct for many orders in the future.

I can't wait to start building!

Thanks for that, LegoDr!

I made a few small orders for a train wagon that I've always wanted tonight in Bricklink so see how everything goes and if I like it. I must say that it works very smoothly. There was one part that I couldn't find on Bricklink, but luckily I was able to find it on Ebay.

Thanks for the tips, perhaps I will start building my own CC soon too via Bricklink :wink:

I'm also rebuilding the cafe corner by pieces.

Can I substitute Type 2 for Type 1 door frames ?

Thanks,

Edited by chewy

Hi everyone. I have read this thread and it made me want to build one of the CC from scratch. My question is, what pieces will I not be able to buy at the in store PaB? I have a lego shop only an hour away and I'm planning on going there Wednesday. I'm going to be taking a parts list with me but I just wanted a heads up before I went.

On another note, would I be able to do the same with the GG? On the GG I am planning on making color changes

Thanks,

slientbob

Hi everyone. I have read this thread and it made me want to build one of the CC from scratch. My question is, what pieces will I not be able to buy at the in store PaB? I have a lego shop only an hour away and I'm planning on going there Wednesday. I'm going to be taking a parts list with me but I just wanted a heads up before I went.

On another note, would I be able to do the same with the GG? On the GG I am planning on making color changes

Thanks,

slientbob

If the PaB selection at your local Lego store is anything like the ones in the UK you'll do well to get any of the pieces you need! Ours are just full up of 2x4 bricks in every imaginable colour...

Thanks,

slientbob

You'll most likely be able to get one or two of the types of parts you need... if you're lucky. I had the same idea in mind (but I was building GG) and didn't find much that was useful to me.

Thanks,

slientbob

Pick a Brick(online) for sure won't have:

-the doors

-dark blue arches and pillars

-correct white panels 1x2x3

-dark bley birds

-possibly the dark red roof bricks, but someone said they made more

I would try to get as many parts from PaB as you can, as they are generally cheaper than Bricklink, and you are paying a low shipping cost. As others have said on Bricklink, create a wanted list by doing a set search by cataloging the set number, and going through the inventory. Then go to your wanted list, search "by shop", and you will see shops that have what you want, allowing you to order from as few shops as possible, keeping shipping costs down. Once you figure out a lot of the nuances of Bricklink, it is very handy, with tons of info.

Yeah, but that's the price now... The auction isn't over yet - it'll be sold for much more

It actually sold for £375.59 - not too bad compared to some of the other crazy prices seen around the web...

It actually sold for £375.59 - not too bad compared to some of the other crazy prices seen around the web...

You're right. That's not bad at all.

I misread the other post - I thought it was 350 USD - that would have been extremely cheap!

Edited by Lorentzen

Pick a Brick(online) for sure won't have:

-the doors

-dark blue arches and pillars

-correct white panels 1x2x3

-dark bley birds

-possibly the dark red roof bricks, but someone said they made more

I would try to get as many parts from PaB as you can, as they are generally cheaper than Bricklink, and you are paying a low shipping cost. As others have said on Bricklink, create a wanted list by doing a set search by cataloging the set number, and going through the inventory. Then go to your wanted list, search "by shop", and you will see shops that have what you want, allowing you to order from as few shops as possible, keeping shipping costs down. Once you figure out a lot of the nuances of Bricklink, it is very handy, with tons of info.

I am going to an actual Lego PaB store in person. I was planning on subing the parts you listed. Mines going to be more of a MOC