Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

The Wondrous Antics of Barnum and his Convivial Troupe

Greetings to all!

At the invite of Lord Arlindus, The Wonderous Antics of Barnum and his Convivial Troupe will be arriving in Circardia soon!

Barnam2-M.jpg

I, Barnum will thrill you with my marvelous act not often seen!

barnam11-M.jpg

Be prepared to be entertained by the comedic acrobats Gilum and Hilum!

barnam4-M.jpg

Barnam3-M.jpg

See the exhilarating performance of Elon and his trained monkeys!

barnam10-M.jpg

Watch as Azim tames the great Oliphant beast!

barnam6-M.jpg

And be amazed and enticed by the exotic dancing of Corilina!

barnam13-M.jpg

Arriving for the Founding Day festivities in the Hamlet of Circardia!

More photos can be found HERE

Backstory:

Barnum is a enterprising man. He has a twinkle in his eye and a smile that make everyone like him. Initially, he was trader and traveled quite extensively throughout Historica. As he traveled, he was amazed by some of the street performances that he saw and thought he could make a tidy profit if he brought these entertainers back home to Avalonia. His traveling troupe are a loyal bunch and Barnum has made them quite wealthy and somewhat famous. Often hired by Lords and Ladies for celebrations throughout the land, his group of performers provide a large span of acts that appeal to all. Azim comes and his Elephant come from Kaliphin. Elon comes from the edge of the jungle of Nocturnus. Gilum and Hilum are twin brothers skilled in acrobatics and have a way of making the crowd laugh. He met his wife Corilina after rescuing her from a seedy Lord at the edge of Kaliphin years ago. Barnum's brother, Fineus has been hired on to help set up the stage and prepare shows. Oren has been hired to help protect the group as they travel throughout Avalonia.

This is a teaser for a future build based in Circardia. It started as I wanted to build a gypsy style wagon for some time and it evolved into building a little traveling troupe of entertainers. I had a couple more ideas but as any build goes, I didn't have the pieces and I was afraid it was going to get too big.

Hope you enjoy and as always feed back and critics are welcome!

Mikey

Edited by MikeyB

This is a teaser for a future build based in Circardia. It started as I wanted to build a gypsy style wagon for some time and it evolved into building a little traveling troupe of entertainers. I had a couple more ideas but as any build goes, I didn't have the pieces and I was afraid it was going to get too big.

Hope you enjoy and as always feed back and critics are welcome!

Mikey

Really cool! I was thinking about doing a gypsy wagon myself, but a traveling caravan of entertainers is pretty darn cool. I can't wait to see what you are teasing us for.

Great work, i love all the little wagons. Bring on the show! :sweet:

Very cool, I cant wait to see their act (you don't mind if I pop into Circardia for a while, do you? :wink: )

Awesome designs Mikey! Especially the dark red one :wub:

((To bad some torso's show a bit flesh instead of yellow. I still can't get used to fleshies!))

This is Awesome! I love the round design of the first wagon, and the tiny door on the back. I also like that the lead and tail wagons have covered seats. The monkey wagon is a great idea too. Great job with the circus here, I look forward to seeing the next build with these!

Ecc - I agree. I cannot get over the fleshies. They are the worst thing to happen to Lego since Dk Bley.

Thanks for the replies, and glad you liked the wagons.

I have had the Dark Red one built for about a month now but I was busy working on the embassy and didn't get around to building the other two until the other day. the wood paneled one came together surprisingly quick for me (less than an hour) and I am pretty happy with the way it came out.

I meant to add some reins using string but I forgot for these photos. I might add another brown plate above the bars on the monkey wagon as well before the next build.

I debated using the flesh torsos. I finally justified it by telling myself that the characters are wearing some sort of flesh colored undershirt.

@legonardo davey, Lord Arlindus would be happy to have you as a guest in his lands. We'll see what see can do ;)

As to the scene I have in mind, it is more story based than a complex build but I have some ideas for some nice details so I hope you all aren't disappointed.

Wow Mikey, your mocs are always so perfect! And this is surely no execption!

For me the first wagon have some sort of Hobbit feel to it. Maybe it´s the round shape or colour but it just look hobbit to me! :classic: And that is great!

I love the fully packed feeling of every wagon with the barrels, chests etc!

Great work as always Mikey!

Great story and great moc, can't wait to see what's next. The gypsy wagon is brilliant and so are the others, I love the different caravans and the landscape is great too.

I finally justified it by telling myself that the characters are wearing some sort of flesh colored undershirt.

That's what I do, the torsos are much more detailed :tongue:

@de gothia -thanks you for your kind words. I can see how you connected the round wagon to Hobbits, (the round door to hobbit burrows for example) I have always been impressed by gypsy wagons and wish I could have put some more detailing into my build but with out stickers I don't think it is possible.

@cptmugwash - thanks. I enjoyed making the wagons. I had one or two that didn't make the cut though! the monkey wagon is the one I had the most trouble with for some reason. You can't really see them in the photos posted here but I wanted the bars so you could see the monkeys as the wagon was being pulled along. I still might make some mods to it.

@Captain Beerbeard - Glad you liked it! Hope I can get the next portion done soon! Got a busy week coming though