Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

It simply got pushed back to page 2.

Thanks! I feel like a total idiot right now. :laugh:

Thanks! I feel like a total idiot right now. :laugh:

It happens, I've overlooked threads a hundred times.

The worst is when you are convinced it's not there, so you make a new one, and 4 seconds later someone links you to the existing thread that was only 5 threads done.

It happens, I've overlooked threads a hundred times.

The worst is when you are convinced it's not there, so you make a new one, and 4 seconds later someone links you to the existing thread that was only 5 threads done.

Ya, and the sad thing is that I went like 10 pages back trying to find it. :laugh:

Out of curiosity, what does everyone do with their CMF pamphlets? It'll be a shame to throw them away, does anyone have any ideas?

edit: Post 2222!

Edited by Donut

Out of curiosity, what does everyone do with their CMF pamphlets? It'll be a shame to throw them away, does anyone have any ideas?

I atleast keep one of each series (it's not LEGO it's just paper). I would never throw away any LEGO (unless it's broken and hard to fix and when my sister was young and intend to chew on my LEGO I had to throw away some :cry_sad: )

But for those pamphlets... I don't mind to throw them away when I already got one of each.

I keep the pamphlets in the pouch that the figure came in and I affix a label to the pouch, indicating which figure was in it, then I put all of the pouches from one series into a 'ziploc' type baggie, then put all of THOSE into a box that I keep my City set instructions in.

Yup...I'm weird. :laugh:

Are all the minifigs in the minifigs series has unique face/head of their own ? or some of them has the same face with only different helmet, hair etc?

thanks

All have a unique face-print.

For pretty much each series, I've been keeping a few extra unopened packets. (Except series 1 because I was in a dark age then and just bought a full set on ebay.) I've been labeling the packets with yellow post-it notes. But I need a better way, because those things don't stick to the foil very well. Does anyone have a better method? I was thinking perhaps painter's tape. Whatever I use, I don't want it to be removable and not damage the packaging, because I anticipate maybe selling these things a few years down the road.

so does the torso ?

Each Minifigure has a different, unique torso.

EDIT: Ach, I've been ninja'd.

Edited by GeluNumber1

For pretty much each series, I've been keeping a few extra unopened packets. (Except series 1 because I was in a dark age then and just bought a full set on ebay.) I've been labeling the packets with yellow post-it notes. But I need a better way, because those things don't stick to the foil very well. Does anyone have a better method? I was thinking perhaps painter's tape. Whatever I use, I don't want it to be removable and not damage the packaging, because I anticipate maybe selling these things a few years down the road.

one way is to get some ziploc bags and put the same minifigs in each ziploc bag. label the ziploc bag instead of your minifig packet. coz since you are keeping them sealed (possible resale later), potential buyers may be put off by markings on packagings.

on a side note, i saw some packets in my local Toys R Us which has been written (using marker) on the back what is inside. i asked the staff and they told me if they managed to feel and confirm, sometimes they write.

I've used non-permanent (water soluble) marker on the bag itself on top left corner.

Will rub off with Your fingers and does not leave marks etc on the bag after wiped off.

Maybe you can use sth like this: http://www.foxel.cz/2054/ or http://www.ges.cz/cz...ES06814528.html (it is in Czech language, but I think the picture is telling) Edited by Systematik

Can anyone tell me what the color for series 5 was? I'm trying to match it to a brick color for a moc I'm working on. There are a few different blues and I'm trying to get the closest match.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the color for series 5 was? I'm trying to match it to a brick color for a moc I'm working on. There are a few different blues and I'm trying to get the closest match.

Thanks!

The closest color to Series 5's bags is Dark Azure.

Thanks Aanchir! I was racking my brain trying to figure it out, but Lego uses such weird names for some of their colors it's hard to know. I wouldn't consider the series 5 bag a "dark" color by any stretch. Thanks again!

Thanks Aanchir! I was racking my brain trying to figure it out, but Lego uses such weird names for some of their colors it's hard to know. I wouldn't consider the series 5 bag a "dark" color by any stretch. Thanks again!

TLG's color names can indeed be confusing. A "dark color" to AFOLs is often a lot darker than one in TLG's terms. For example, the Bricklink colors Dark Green and Dark Blue are actually called Earth Green and Earth Blue (much like an earlier color, Earth Orange, also known as classic brown, not to be confused with the AFOL color Earth Orange which is officially called the cumbersome Light Orange Brown).

Classic LEGO green is officially called Dark Green... in other words, one shade darker than Bright Green, and one shade lighter than Earth Green. Dark Orange and Dark Red are examples of colors that have the same name both officially and in the AFOL community. All things considered, I think people can probably agree that Dark Orange is a much lighter color than Earth Blue and Earth Green.

I built a visual representation of this concept on LDD, which you can see here. More recent colors, like Dark and Medium Azur or Medium Lilac, don't fit this chart nearly so neatly, nor do some older colors like Light Orange Brown, but it goes to show that a lot of LEGO colors do have a certain internal logic to them.

Edited by Aanchir

Are these minifigures exclusive to certain stores? I've never once seen any of them.

Edited by Rune Haako

They are found at most retailers. Typically from what I've seen here, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and Target for sure. And of course at the Lego Brand Retail store. I'm sure other places get them in also, but we don't have a lot of variety here in the midwest. I believe Fred Meyer? gets them, but that is elsewhere. So not really that exclusive in the grand scheme of things.