bricksboy

AC Transit Bus

Another great vehicle, I definitely like this one - both its interior and exterior look very impressive! But I must admit I'm not sure about the "bike rack" device at the front; have you considered trying using the fence piece vertically instead, to avoid the added length? Then again' I'm guessing the bike's handles will still be a bit of an obstacle, but probably there's some way of solving that issue as well. In any case, some awesome building there - looking forward to seeing more from you! :sweet:

Excellent bus 'bricksboy', but that bike carrier needs work...using bars and droid arms together would work out better.....like the bike might fall out of your current bike carrier. :wink:

In any case it's still a great design......Brick On 'bricksboy' ! :classic:

Awesome work bricksboy, that model is very true to the original! I love the brick build doors, your Bus even tops the one made by Ralph S. quite a while back. Is there a reason why bikes are transported at the front instead of at the back?

Hey Man

I have seen a lot of LEGO buses and that is probably the best on Ive seen. It is so real looking I wish LEGO had done something like this instead of that bus in the City Corner Set or the bus in the Transport Station set. This is a very nice model.

Very good works and thank you for sharing.

Charlie

Great! But I never understood how to make this type of door - can you explain me in short? THanks :)

The model was disassembled, since It dropped to the floor by accident, but I will show you the door structure in the coming A300k Bus model.

Awesome work bricksboy, that model is very true to the original! I love the brick build doors, your Bus even tops the one made by Ralph S. quite a while back. Is there a reason why bikes are transported at the front instead of at the back?

Hi, I think that the rack at the front may be easier to let the driver to see the passenger taking the bike to avoid an accident.

Sweet looking bus!! The door hinges are there but I don't suppossed the door can actually open?

Hi, the doors can be opened, but I forgot to take some pictures for the bus with opened door. I will show it in the coming A300K Bus model.

This is great! Really picks up the details of the AC300 really well. I really like the interior too with the handrails adding a nice touch! Have you got pics of the driver's cab?

I've been planning an 8-wide Van Hool for a while now (although I'm thinking of an Astron rather than a city bus) and you have inspired me to get cracking on it. I think it will be my next project after my current one.

Great work and thanks for sharing!

Is there a reason why bikes are transported at the front instead of at the back?

Bikes are carried on the front for several reason:

* Safety - the driver can supervise bike loading/unloading from the cab and can see if a bike works loose in transit

* Security - the driver and passengers can see anyone who tries to interfere with bikes

* Cleanliness - the back of a bus can be a filthy place with road dirt, spray and engine fluids/fumes which would make a bike filthy. On the front the bike woud get no more dirty than if cycling along the same road

* Engineering - it is normally easier to modify the front of a rear engined bus to fit a bike carrier and it will also help weight distribution

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Excellent model, well done! :thumbup:

Bikes are carried on the front for several reason:

* Safety - the driver can supervise bike loading/unloading from the cab and can see if a bike works loose in transit

* Security - the driver and passengers can see anyone who tries to interfere with bikes

* Cleanliness - the back of a bus can be a filthy place with road dirt, spray and engine fluids/fumes which would make a bike filthy. On the front the bike woud get no more dirty than if cycling along the same road

* Engineering - it is normally easier to modify the front of a rear engined bus to fit a bike carrier and it will also help weight distribution

Cheers

Rog

Wow, did you design the bus? :laugh:

Wow, did you design the bus? :laugh:

HaHa! Not quite... I worked in the bus and coach industry for many years (driving, managing and consulting).

Cheers

Rog

It is a very neat-looking bus indeed. I prefer my minifig scale vehicles a tad smaller (my own bus, mentioned by BrickBox, is 7 studs wide), but this is very nicely proportioned and detailed.

The bike rack at the front looks a bit unusual to me too and I don't think I've ever seen one in Europe, but it's a common feature of buses in the US.

Cheers,

Ralph

I just felt I had to apologize for my stupid comment earlier on, I wrote that without actually having taken the time to check out the bus in detail (both your model, and the original :sadnew: ). It's obvious to me now that your solution is actually as perfect as it can get, while still keeping very close to the original in terms of scale /regarding the added length when the bike railing is extended/. Looking forward to your new models, and sorry about my rushed remark.

I just felt I had to apologize for my stupid comment earlier on, I wrote that without actually having taken the time to check out the bus in detail (both your model, and the original :sadnew: ). It's obvious to me now that your solution is actually as perfect as it can get, while still keeping very close to the original in terms of scale /regarding the added length when the bike railing is extended/. Looking forward to your new models, and sorry about my rushed remark.

Ha..ha.. don't worry ^^, I did actually appreciate that you took your time to leave me a comment.

Since you're new, I had already replaced the over-sized images in your first post.

However, for future reference, member guidelines state that posted images are to be a maximum size of 800x600. Follow this guideline for future posted MOCs. :thumbup:

A fantastic bus with a very convincing design. That frontend is really a piece of art. I like it a lot! :thumbup: