Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

canuhandle23, a member of Brickset Forum, said that the price will be 199 us dollar and the next year's set will have the same amount of pieces. I really don't hope the modulars will be 199 us dollar (199 euro) from now on. I can afford 150 euro but 200 euro will be too much. I hope the higher price is only this year.

canuhandle23, a member of Brickset Forum, said that the price will be 199 us dollar and the next year's set will have the same amount of pieces. I really don't hope the modulars will be 199 us dollar (199 euro) from now on. I can afford 150 euro but 200 euro will be too much. I hope the higher price is only this year.

Pet Shop, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium are all €200 in Norway. That probably means that Town Hall will be around €250...

Just think of what you get in comparison with Pet Shop. A whole lot of bricks and hours of building fun. I think the Price is Right. By the way: if the price in the US will be 200 US dollar, than the price in Euro will be less than 200 Euro. I think it will be around 185 Euro.

I could definitely see TLG raise the price for some sets, the modulars included. 8867 (Flexible Track) is now € 49.99 as opposed to € 29.99 when I ordered some back in October. I think with a higher piece count in TH, we can surely expect to see a higher price tag on it. I guess in the end it will be a process of price determination ... TLG wants to see how much people are willing to pay for exclusive sets such as the modulars, and maybe that will also be a determining factor as regards the piece count and details of future modulars.

Pet Shop, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium are all €200 in Norway. That probably means that Town Hall will be around €250...

Just think of what you get in comparison with Pet Shop. A whole lot of bricks and hours of building fun. I think the Price is Right. By the way: if the price in the US will be 200 US dollar, than the price in Euro will be less than 200 Euro. I think it will be around 185 Euro.

I live in The Netherlands and here all the modulars are 150 euro so this one will probably be 200 euro in my country. I don't think you understand me. I don't think the price is unfair. It's normal for bigger sets to have a higher price. I just don't want to pay 200 euro for such a set. I prefer a smaller set for 150 euro (like they are now). Just this once I don't mind a bigger set but I don't like it if this will be the norm in the future.

EDIT: Just saw you name 'The Dutch Guy' :classic: . You must know the prices for the modulars in The Netherlands :tongue: . The prices on the S@H are 150 euro. I know I can get them cheaper on other websites but the official pricing is 150 euro.

Edited by mcbbvb

The FB is by far the best value modular, you'll be well chuffed :)

I totally agree; had a great time building the FB, it was probably the most intriguing original AFOL-oriented LEGO model I've ever come upon. That said, I haven't bought the Pet Shop (or the Town Hall, obviously) yet - and even though I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, I don't really expect they'd be a more interesting build than the Fire Brigade. In a way, I think the FB really wraps up the "original three (or, if you prefer - four)" quite nicely.

Which reminds me that I was considering getting a second FB for spare parts - absolutely smashing selection of bricks contained in there. Any ideas on when it's due to be pulled off the market? If the Town Hall is about to be introduced in March, that means that the Fire Brigade can't have too much time left :cry_sad:

As to the price of the Town Hall - I must agree with mcbbvb. Not really too keen on set prices going up, even if that's based on a tangible increase in pieces contained. I would much rather prefer for things to actually go in the opposite direction - I was hoping TLG would introduce more sets in the vein of Market Street. Considering that it didn't sell too well though and only became a hit after it was pulled, I guess they'll be a bit apprehensive about that - but still, the Modulars have proven extremely popular - enough to warrant a separate microscale set; so why not.

Which reminds me that I was considering getting a second FB for spare parts - absolutely smashing selection of bricks contained in there. Any ideas on when it's due to be pulled off the market? If the Town Hall is about to be introduced in March, that means that the Fire Brigade can't have too much time left :cry_sad:

I have no clue as to a specific date, but you better hurry, because it's definitely going to disappear soon. The sales person at the Lego store told me some time after TH is being released. But even though it may technically be available for some time, TLG may run out of copies due to "panic orders" :tongue:

I'm using the Town Plans hall as a museum. The facade screams museum to me.

Would be accurate enough here - the City Council moved out to a new building in the 1980s and the old one is a museum!

I keep intending to refit Fire Brigade as a nightclub as that also happened with the central fire station when the new one opened (next door).

Edited by Cian

I heard it was going to be released on March 1st for $199.99. I'm going to buy two, mod them together, and I'll have one huge town hall

How come the release date for the set is such a big secret that it's not listed anywhere roughly two weeks before the set is released? I saw all the pictures of the other sets shown at the Toy Fair but there isn't much hype for the new modular building (which i'm really looking forward to).

I was certain I wanted to get this set, but if it is $199.99 and not $149.99 I can't afford it. Oh well... I can put the money I was saving up toward a not-quite-as-huge set.

How come the release date for the set is such a big secret that it's not listed anywhere roughly two weeks before the set is released? I saw all the pictures of the other sets shown at the Toy Fair but there isn't much hype for the new modular building (which i'm really looking forward to).

I also don't understand TLG's strategy for the timing... It would seem quite unusual for any business to release a major product with little to no lead time for advertisement.

I also don't understand TLG's strategy for the timing... It would seem quite unusual for any business to release a major product with little to no lead time for advertisement.

Apple does it all the time! and last year the official info to the PS was released only 4 days before the set was released! We might get some info very soon! :blush:

I bet you $1000 that the price of the modulars will jump to $250 in the next few years (2015?).

You might be right, but the question is, will the piece count also go up? I mean if we get larger sets, then an increase as regards price would also be justified.

You might be right, but the question is, will the piece count also go up? I mean if we get larger sets, then an increase as regards price would also be justified.

It apparently has with this Town Hall...which is why I'm not upset for the higher MSRP. Oh, and double VIP points Mar 1-15th, so that helps out too. A higher dollar price is actually helpful for that.

Saw at least 10 Fire Brigades go out the door yesterday at a B&M store. 8 to one guy. SMH... :wacko:

Edited by Bellicose

Oh, and double VIP points Mar 1-15th, so that helps out too. A higher dollar price is actually helpful for that.

I wish they were doing free shipping again. They had that going way back when I picked up the Grand Emporium and Pet Shop. Double VIP points is pretty sweet though, thanks for the heads up.

Oh, and double VIP points Mar 1-15th, so that helps out too. A higher dollar price is actually helpful for that.

Do you know if there will be double VIP points only in the U.S., or everywhere? I haven't seen or heard anything about that here in Germany.

Do you know if there will be double VIP points only in the U.S., or everywhere? I haven't seen or heard anything about that here in Germany.

Please continue this discussion here.

$200 is going to be a bit hard to swallow. :wacko: But with the amount of pieces, I understand the price jump. Too bad it wasn't the rumored $180... If it goes past $250, i'll give it a second look, but more than likely still get it. I love my modulars. Damn you LEGO!

Can't recall who said it, but I wish they'd just keep it in the $150 price point. Even if that means lower piece count and slightly less in details.

Can't recall who said it, but I wish they'd just keep it in the $150 price point. Even if that means lower piece count and slightly less in details.

I don't agree. I think details are very important in these modulars. look at GG. It's the best loved modular up until now en has the best details (Cooler in the shop, BBQ on the terras). Money isn't growing on a tree in my garden as well, but i have to be patiant for a little bit longer en save my money so i can buy this magnificent set. The more detail, the better. As long as the price/Bricknumber ratio stays almost the same, it's fine with me.

$200 is going to be a bit hard to swallow. :wacko: But with the amount of pieces, I understand the price jump. Too bad it wasn't the rumored $180... If it goes past $250, i'll give it a second look, but more than likely still get it. I love my modulars. Damn you LEGO!

Keep in mind that modular-prices in the homeland of Lego is way different! The last 3 modular-sets have cost 1400,- danish kr. plus 50kr. in shipping. With todays rate that's 246$!!! And the worst part is, that we pay that price :sick:

I would gladly pay 200$ for the Town Hall!!! That would be around the price for the Cafe Corner back in the good old days.... I wouldn't be surpriced if the danish price for TH ends above 300 $

Edited by MadManMingo

I would gladly pay 200$ for the Town Hall!!!

I would also more than gladly pay 200 $ for the Town Hall. But, as you said - we have it great here in Europe. Where modulars started off with the Cafe Corner costing a mere 88 GBP and have now come to a price of 120 GBP for the Pet Shop. And those are actually the _good_ prices in GB pounds, as opposed to the sweet amounts we pay in EUR or equivalent currencies in order to obtain Modulars... As usual, LEGO's pricing policy is astounding, but I guess that's nothing to be surprised by.

Well Looks like official images are available on the Lego web site!

2,766 pieces, US$199.99, CA$249.99, DE €179.99, UK £149.99, DK 1499 DKK

Keep the wheels of commerce turning with the authentic Town Hall!

This classic 3-storey town hall building is the latest addition to the LEGO® Modular Buildings series.

This highly-detailed model features large entrance-way columns and coat of arms, a tall bell tower with

clock and a large skylight giving a view inside the building. On the ground floor, the large hall, tax office

and auditorium are perfect for servicing the town’s citizens.

Take the working elevator up to the secretary and mayor's offices on the second floor, furnished eloquently

with desks, chairs, paintings and even a frog sculpture. There’s even a balcony for addressing the town's citizens.

On the third floor, a spacious meeting room features a large conference table, chairs, globe and plants.

Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children.

• Includes 8 minifigures: mayor, secretary, bride and groom, press woman, janitor and 2 children

• Features painting, desks, chairs, sculpture, lamp, conference table, globe, plants and bench

• Functioning elevator with space for 2 minifigures and ladder access to roof

• Bell tower features bench and maintenance ladder

• Roof features skylight with view inside the building

• Measures 10” (25.5 cm) wide and 20” (50 cm) high

• Address the citizens from the balcony!

• Combine with other LEGO® Modular buildings like the 10218 Pet Shop and 10211 Grand Emporium!

All Pictures link to HR images 2000+ .pxl!

b_10224_box_side_800.jpg

c_10224_detail_1_800.jpg

d_10224_detail_2_800.jpg

i_10224_detail_800.jpg

j_10224_detail_800.jpg

k_10224_detail_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Yummy - thanks grogall

I have just begun building CC after Bricklinking it - it's such a pleasure to build such a massive and detailed set... I am now hooked more than what is healthy on these Modular buildings.

This set looks fantastic too, I must say