commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think they confused Harry Potter with Lord of the Rings (because LOTR is called "Herr der Ringe" in German, so someone who doesn't know either that well could confuse the two :wink: ). Another clue is the fact that they didn't mention LOTR or Monster Fighters once in the whole text...

I think it may just be referring to the summer 2011 wave. Especially since they mentioned Alien Conquest, which I thought they decided to give it the axe a while ago. :look:

But, really, only time will tell.

EDIT: 500th Post! I'm a knight! Yes!

That's what I figured, but, then again, I wasn't sure. Oh well!

Congrats! :tongue:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think they confused Harry Potter with Lord of the Rings (because LOTR is called "Herr der Ringe" in German, so someone who doesn't know either that well could confuse the two :wink: ). Another clue is the fact that they didn't mention LOTR or Monster Fighters once in the whole text...

Oh well. :classic:

Remember my friends, we sill have the book with the exclusive fig to look forward to! :thumbup:

Right!!!!! I think it will be Ron in his yule ball robes!

I've just found a picture of the minifig book on brickipedia: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Harry_Potter:_Characters_of_the_Magical_World

Too bad the exclusive minifig is going to be another version of Harry :sceptic:

Might be good if they brought him right up to date with the jacket from the last movie and changed the hairpiece, yet I know it won't happen

Maybe a diving costume from the goblet of fire?

Edited by surrideo

The image source I was looking at for the Toy Fair had a picture of the last two collection of sets with all the information on. At least from this we might be able to gather that the sets are going to stay in producion for a little while yet. :classic:

The image source I was looking at for the Toy Fair had a picture of the last two collection of sets with all the information on. At least from this we might be able to gather that the sets are going to stay in producion for a little while yet. :classic:

Please explain!?

I certainly think Diagon Alley will survive till late on in the year but shops are definitely phasing them out here. Seems to be an unholy amount of Quidditch sets unsold.

Please explain!?

Follow this weblink; http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FLego%2F&pic=IMG_8543.jpg&dispsize=800&start=280'>http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FLego%2F&pic=IMG_8543.jpg&dispsize=800&start=280

All rights reservec to http://i.toynewsi.com

Just to help others, this is a great site for images from the Toy Fair :classic:

Probably reading too much into it but I wonder if that means the production runs of these are lasting longer than The Burrow,Hogwarts Express, Forbidden Forest and Freeing Dobby.

Thanks for the link

To me, it sounds like they mean a 'Harry Potter' minifigure as in a fig from the theme Harry Potter, not an actual Harry Potter minifigure.... Just how I saw it.... And besides, we know Brickipedia is not always truthful. I think i'll just wait to see official pics for final judgement.

As I already said 2 pages ago, the line is confirmed to stop production in July.

To me, it sounds like they mean a 'Harry Potter' minifigure as in a fig from the theme Harry Potter, not an actual Harry Potter minifigure....

Why would they label the minifig with the name of the theme instead of that of the character? It's not like it would come with a Star Wars minifig. :hmpf: And the image looks pretty legit to me.

I personally wouldn't mind a Deathly Hallows Harry with dirty clothes and possibly a dirty face and short hair. :sweet:

As I already said 2 pages ago, the line is confirmed to stop production in July.

Why would they label the minifig with the name of the theme instead of that of the character? It's not like it would come with a Star Wars minifig. :hmpf: And the image looks pretty legit to me.

I personally wouldn't mind a Deathly Hallows Harry with dirty clothes and possibly a dirty face and short hair. :sweet:

What image are you refering to? That random mold on the book? Oh, that's helpful. And yes, I could see them saying a 'Star Wars' minifig. My point is I'm just going to wait and see official pictures before I pass MY final judgement. Little thing called my opinion. :hmpf:

I bet it's the yule ball Ron, as the book seems the same as the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia which came with Han Ceremony version and Luke ceremony version came with the visual dictionary. Harry yule ball came with the HP Visual Dictionary so...

I am a bit out of tune in the HP LEGO...are there no sets for 2012?

They renewed the license for one(or two?) wave only?

it was just for DH release

I haven't been paying much attention to LEGO news lately... I've been a bit busy with TransFormers news and other related things... I haven't heard of Harry Potter being discontinued... This really dissapoints me... :cry_sad: Harry Potter was the only theme I collected recently, which I unfortunately only got Quidditch Match and The Forbidden Forest, but I plan to track down the entire collection someday. After BIONICLE was discontinued Harry Potter sprang up, and being my second favorite theme (after BIONICLE), I became very interested in the theme. I love the Harry Potter brand, and I always loved the few LEGO sets I managed to get my hands on, and the two DS videogames, and the Building the Magical World book... I'm glad to hear of a minifigure in the character book; at least I still have that to look forward to! :classic: I just hope the Harry Potter related MoCs won't fade out on this website, I always enjoy seeing those, and I've been trying to get around to finish my LDD Hogwarts MoC, which will hopefully be done in the next couple of years!