Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

[MOC] ANH Deleted Scene

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I've been intending to make this scene ever since I made my first moisture vaporator, I think there may actually be a law that states 'if you make a vaporator, you must make the famed Star Wars deleted scene'. It' seems one thing or another has always prevented me from building this, not enough tan bricks, new tan bricks being used for another MOC, no time etc... But since I finally got round to altering the engines on my Landspeeder (an error Fallenangel pointed out), I decided to enlarge the scene and use it as a small shelf display...

6865011493_faced3666b_z.jpg

6865348105_cb598f78d0_z.jpg

Credits: Luke's floppy hat is copied from the technique shown on pg3 here which is attributed to Dr Venkman. I didn't look at any other Lego models for my first vaporator but this time I've borrowed some ideas on parts usage from Pepa Quin.

And of course thanks to Fallenangel for pointing out the error of my ways :wink: - the current Landspeeder is still a WIP as I'm hoping to make some new decals for the front grill and am still holding out for Lego to release some parts in medium dark flesh.

Awesome Praiter Yed. I missed the land speeder you posted the other week, nice snot land speeder and the small scene and tredwell look great. :thumbup:

Fantastic. :wub: The centerpiece for me is the speeder - I love the SNOT on it and the base. That is a huge treadwell, though. :laugh: (I read your MCW post - it is a shame it can't be used here. :sadnew: )

It's a perfect little scene! I found your first speeder to be the best one I've ever seen. I'm not sure yet whether I like new one better.

Nice scene.. What stands out for me is the stand and lukes hat.I don't know why ,but they do.lol The whole piece is wonderful. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow :oh:.

I can't pick any specifics, because I really like all the parts of this scene, but special well done for the Speeder Praiter Yed :thumbup:.

Would you mind showing the pieces used to build Treadwell? It is awesome, and I must have one.

Of all the deleted scenes, this one really should have stayed in. We would get a better sense of Luke's dreary work, we'd get to see another cool droid, and we get to see him viewing the battle.

Thanks to everybody for the really nice & positive comments. I'm very surprised by how much love the Treadwell is getting - I really expected to take some criticism for him. I'd love to respond to each of you but I've picked out a few comments to answer individually :blush:

:wub: I love that Treadwell!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog Brickdoctor! - That's another huge surprise for these recycled (if slightly updated) MOCs.

Awesome Praiter Yed. I missed the land speeder you posted the other week, nice snot land speeder and the small scene and tredwell look great. :thumbup:

An easy mistake wokajablocka but your comment made me realise that I first posted the Landspeeder a year ago last week. That's how slow I am at building :laugh:

Fantastic. :wub: The centerpiece for me is the speeder - I love the SNOT on it and the base. That is a huge treadwell, though. :laugh: (I read your MCW post - it is a shame it can't be used here. :sadnew: )

It is a huge Treadwell - but I'm going to defend it by saying in the distorted world of the Minifig, with their rather large Astromech droids this treadwell fits in nicely. I really like the simplicity and size of the green one which is why I just had to show it, but I think the blue one wins on pose-ability and character.

It's a perfect little scene! I found your first speeder to be the best one I've ever seen. I'm not sure yet whether I like new one better.

:cry_happy: When I compare the two I think the new one is a big improvement but I really am desperate for TLG to release certain pieces in medium dark flesh - I love that colour and think it's perfect for a Luke's speeder. I'd almost given up hope but they've just brought out some 2 x 4 tiles :sweet: so I think the speeder may return again one day and then I can finally put this creation behind me.

Nice scene.. What stands out for me is the stand and lukes hat.I don't know why ,but they do.lol The whole piece is wonderful. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I also love Luke's hat but can't take any credit for it :wink:

Man... awesome MOC and a great throwback to memories of what Star Wars USED to be. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Oh yeah, I'm all about the nostalgia. I remember the blue Topps Star Wars cards from back-in-the-day - one of them had a picture of this scene on it :wub:

Would you mind showing the pieces used to build Treadwell? It is awesome, and I must have one.

Of all the deleted scenes, this one really should have stayed in. We would get a better sense of Luke's dreary work, we'd get to see another cool droid, and we get to see him viewing the battle.

It's the old pacing story as usual :hmpf_bad:- but to be fair, I think I could handle a slow down in pace now, but when I was a kid?

I'd be happy to show how the Treadwell is built, I'll try to shoot it before the weekend.

Once again a big thanks to everyone for the comments.

Excellent work Praiter Yed! This looks really professional & it’s obvious that you’ve put a lot of time & effort into it. I love Luke’s hat, really cute! :wub::wub:

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

scene perfectly implemented into a moc.

very nice.

AWESOME scene ' Praiter Yed ' and that speeder is just fantastic ! :excited:

Brick On ' Praiter Yed ' ! :grin:

Thanks Guys.

Excellent work Praiter Yed! This looks really professional & it’s obvious that you’ve put a lot of time & effort into it. I love Luke’s hat, really cute! :wub::wub:

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thanks, It doesn't really feel like I put a lot of time into it - but I just tinker with MOC's little bits at a time, whenever I get chance so It's probably taken longer than it should have :grin:

I don't really need to wait for good light for this do I *huh* . The only things worth noting are:

1. Attach the 1x1 round studs direct to the technic lift arms before attaching to the '1x1 brick with 4 studs on sides' otherwise the stud will be too far away from the 'track' and you won't get good connection. A partial connection to the brick is still strong enough to hold the treads in place, a partial connection to the lift-arm is not.

2. The front and back wheels are made from cut down lightsabre blades - not entirely necessary but I think they improve the look. Flex tubing would probably look OK but I didn't want the hole in the centre.

exploded_treadwell.jpg

EDIT: I've just noticed that the blue cheese slopes are now available in 1 x 2 :sweet:

Edited by Praiter Yed