Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

The pink parts in these Paradisa sets should be colored 9 Light Reddish Violet. 223 Light Pink is, as its number suggests, a far more recent color.

Grrr. That's annoying as I actually thought that "looked" more right, but went by the Peeron colour chart (although Peeron's labelling of Paradisa colours doesn't seem terribly consistent), maybe we need the ultimate official Aanchir colour chart instead! Anyway fixed all those little niggles now and here's a few extras to almost complete the Paradisa range.

6414 Dolphin Point - Theme: Town

6414%20Dolphin%20Point.png?dl_name=6414%20Dolphin%20Point.png

LXF File

Baseplate substituted

Pink curved staircase substituted

Windsail omitted

6418 Country Club - Theme: Town

6418%20Country%20Club.png?dl_name=6418%20Country%20Club.png

LXF File

Pink curved staircase substituted

Edited by AndyC

Grrr. That's annoying as I actually thought that "looked" more right, but went by the Peeron colour chart (although Peeron's labelling of Paradisa colours doesn't seem terribly consistent), maybe we need the ultimate official Aanchir colour chart instead! Anyway fixed all those little niggles now and here's a few extras to almost complete the Paradisa range.

Peeron's color chart used to be the one I always recommended, but I've encountered a lot of unexpected problems with it lately. Isodomos.com is far less up-to-date (it lacks information on most colors from 2006 or later, and also on some of the more obscure colors from the late 90s and early 2000s), but it tends to be correct many of these places where Peeron has erred. I recommend using it if you want a web-based color chart.

For occasional color reference, I recommend the replacement parts service on Service.LEGO.com. It may lack images for parts from as long ago as Paradisa, and it only lists parts it has pictures of under any particular set number, but it tends to be 100% reliable, with the exception of sets that appeared during a transition from an older color to a newer color, where it will only list one or the other. Perhaps the best part is that you can enter any Element ID (the six- or seven-digit number that can be found in post-2006 sets' inventories in the back of the instruction manuals) into the URL of a page like this one and it will tell you the design ID, color name, and even the part name whether or not there is an image. There are occasional errors in the database, and it's nearly useless for blended parts unless you can identify the colors based on the image provided (the color will just be called MULTICOMBINATION), but it is an invaluable source for color-checking when you're particularly uncertain about the color of a part in a recent set.

What I recommend more highly, if your computer can run it, is Superkalle's LDD Manager. I have collaborated with Superkalle to ensure that it's accurate, and while it may have occasional errors (I am far from infallible), it should be trustworthy in most cases.

Edited by Aanchir

Good evening :classic: , a real oldie:

398 U.S.S. Constellation - Theme: LEGO Model - LXF file

u.s.s._constellation_398_klein.png

[Brickset][Peeron][Bricklink]

Errors

3324c01 Black Hinge Plate 2 x 9 - Complete Assembly replaced with custom solution.

422 Black Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Small Holes for Metal Axle replaced with 2x Black 60471 Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers on Side.

3704 Black Technic, Axle 2 replaced with 32062 Black Technic, Axle 2 Notched.

3651 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector replaced with 32013 Light Gray Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Angled #1.

3626a Yellow Minifig, Head (Plain) - Stud Solid replaced with 3626b Yellow Minifig, Head (Plain) - Stud Hollow.

39 Yellow Window 1 x 1 x 1 replaced with 4070 Yellow Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Headlight placed backwards.

3062a Light Gray Brick, Round 1 x 1 Solid Stud replaced with 3062b Light Gray Brick, Round 1 x 1 Open Stud.

3597 Black Hinge Plate 2 x 4 - Female (Digger Bucket Holder) replaced with custom solution.

3315 Black Hinge Plate 2 x 4 - Male (Digger Bucket Holder) replaced with custom solution.

This sets uses some illegal building methods: Studs in 3633 Black Fence 1 x 4 x 1 and 3794 Light Gray Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud (Jumper) placed vertical on a plate.

No stickers or string. All custom and replaced parts are also next to the model for easy replacement.

PS. Bricklink and Peeron list 63x 3023 Black Plate 1 x 2 but the models uses 69 of them. They forgot to add the 1x2 plates that holds the strings to the side (6x). Peeron use 8L axles instead of 10L axles. And Bricklink mess up with the hinge pieces.

Edited by Calabar
Fixed broken image link

4645 - Harbour - Theme: City

[bricklink] [brickset] [Peeron]

4645_harbour.jpg

4645 LXF

Notes:

- All objects in the LXF are grouped for user convenience.

- Built from instructions with parts and colours checked against TLG and Bricklink sites.

- Missing decoration for truck driver minifig body (green dungarees).

- Different decoration for Ship's Captain minifig body (best fitting replacement - police vice anchor logo)

- No strings for fishing rod and crane, no stickers.

- Yellow Crane Bucket (3492c01) not in LDD; no replacement.

- Window Frame 2x8x2 for Boat (89648) and Glass for Window 2x8x2 (89649) both not in LDD4. Replaced with older version Ship's Window 2634.

So: almost complete, thanx to new parts in LDD 4.2.5.

EDIT: Updated to LDD 4.3.5. Yellow Crane Bucket now added (LDD part no. 75172)

EDIT2: Window Frame 2x8x2 and Glass for Window 2x8x2 corrected with LDD 4.3.9/2075

Edited by Sjuip

6401 Seaside Cabana - Theme: Town

6401%20Seaside%20Cabana.png?dl_name=6401%20Seaside%20Cabana.png

LXF File

Windsurfing sail pieces missing

6410 Cabana Beach - Theme: Town

6410%20Cabana%20Beach.png?dl_name=6410%20Cabana%20Beach.png

LXF File

Windsurfing sail pieces missing

6411 Sand Dollar Cafe - Theme: Town

6411%20Sand%20Dollar%20Cafe.png?dl_name=6411%20Sand%20Dollar%20Cafe.png

LXF File

6417 Show Jumping Event - Theme: Town

6417%20Show%20Jumping%20Event.png?dl_name=6417%20Show%20Jumping%20Event.png

LXF File

Leaves don't attach to fence

6489 Seasonal Holiday Cottage - Theme: Town

6489%20Seasonal%20Holiday%20Cottage.png?dl_name=6489%20Seasonal%20Holiday%20Cottage.png

LXF File

Slide piece substituted

Okay, so I made one of the new Hero Factory sets in LDD yesterday, it's as complete as I can get it. However, the other Hero Factory set is as complete as I can get it, but there's not much seeing as the current version of LDD has hardly any BIONICLE parts. So here we go. I think the pictures are too big to post here according to the rules, so they are linked instead.

6217 - Surge - Theme: Hero Factory

6217small.png

LXF file

ERRORS:

1. Hero Core is Light Stone Grey instead of partially LSG and partially White.

2. Bottom part of the shooter is slightly different from the real version, but that's LDD's mistake, not mine.

3. Bright Blue can't be blended into the pipe on LDD like the real set.

4. Ball part can't fit into the launcher in LDD.

5. Chest armour part doesn't have printing on it like the real set, as this is impossible to do in LDD.

6. The end of the pipe isn't connected to the bottom part of the hand, as I'm not sure how to do this. Only just learned how to use the flex tool while making this model.

7147 - XPlode - Theme: Hero Factory [iNCOMPLETE - Many parts missing on LDD]

7147small.png

LXF file

ERRORS:

1. The three-holed TECHNIC liftarm can't attach onto the body like in the real set due to a collision, I can't get around that. It is left to the side instead.

2. Part 64272 is not available on LDD, so it is omitted. XPlode's head and the rest of the parts connected to it are left to the side.

3. The Part 64292s cannot connect to the legs like in the real set due to a collision, so they have been left to the side. This appears to be a bug.

4. The Part 32173s are not available on LDD so they have been omitted.

5. Part 61807pb02 is not available on LDD so it has been omitted.

6. The ball can't fit into the launcher on LDD.

7. The three Part 87825pb01s are omitted as they are not available on LDD.

Edited by King of Nynrah

I think the pictures are too big to post here according to the rules, so they are linked instead.

Note that a post without the preview image can't be considered regular.

If you want to regularize your insertion, you should include the image in the post after you have resized it. :classic:

PS: the second set appears incomplete. Do you think to add some replacement for it?

Note that a post without the preview image can't be considered regular.

If you want to regularize your insertion, you should include the image in the post after you have resized it. :classic:

PS: the second set appears incomplete. Do you think to add some replacement for it?

I've modified it now, and labelled 7147 as Incomplete. I'll complete the model when the missing parts become available on LDD. In the meantime you can add 6127 into the index, and 7147 as an incomplete model if you want. :sweet:

Some Studios promos:

4069 - Katinko & Megaphone - Theme: Studios [Promo]

LXF file

4069.png

ERRORS:

1. No printing.

4070 - Camera Stand - Theme: Studios [Promo]

LXF file

4070.png

ERRORS: None!

4071 - Bottles - Theme: Studios [Promo]

LXF file

4071.png

ERRORS:

1. No sticker sheet.

4072 - Skeleton - Theme: Studios [Promo]

LXF file

4072.png

ERRORS: None!

Edited by King of Nynrah

Completeing the Paradisa sets:

6416 Poolside Paradise - Theme: Town

6416%20Poolside%20Paradise.png?dl_name=6416%20Poolside%20Paradise.png

LXF File

Car bonnet, 1x4x5 windows, spiral staircase and baseplate substituted

6547 Fun Fair - Theme: Town

6547%20Fun%20Fair.png?dl_name=6547%20Fun%20Fair.png

LXF File

Swing pieces and carriage boxes substituted.

9455 Fangpyre Mech

Theme - Ninjago

nin_9455_fanpyre_mech.png

download

Snake head not present or I just couldn't find it, so I subbed a different head.

No decals.

The gold blade piece would not connect, so it is floating and grouped for easy movement.

Edited by Tontus

9441 Kai’s Blade Cycle - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09441-425.604-0512-KaisBladeCycle.png

9442 Jay's Storm Fighter - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09442-425.604-0512-JaysStormFighter.png

Errors:

- Missing 99083 Mini Headgear Scout 1 "No. 2". Ommited Snappa mini figure.

- Omitted 85545 V-Belt Ø26.

9443 Rattlecopter - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09443-425.604-0512-Rattlecopter.png

Errors:

- Replaced 99464 Cape, Mini with 50231 Mantle for Mini Figure.

- Missing 99038 Mini Head Soldier 1 "No. 2". Ommited Fang-Suei mini figure.

- Omitted 85543 V-Belt Ø15.

Errors affecting multiple sets:

- Missing prints. Missing decals.

Edited by zinfinion

Some nineties Train sets ...

4525 - Road and Rail Repair - Theme: Trains

4525_road_n_rail_repair.jpg

4525 LXF

Notes:

- Different decoration for minifig torso.

- Spring Wheels Holder (2484) not in LDD. Replaced with Plate 2x2 (3022) and Bearing Element 2x2 (6157).

- Hinge Bar 2 & 1/2 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (2880) not in LDD. Replaced by combination of Hinge Plate 1x2 with 2 Fingers (44302), Hinge Cylinder 1x2 (30552) and Technic Crank (2853).

- Hinge Plate 1x6 (4504) not in LDD. Replaced by custom construction with Hinge Plates 1x2 4275 and 4276.

- Hinge Bucket 2x3 (4626) not in LDD. Replaced by (bigger) Shovel 4x6x2 (30394).

4546 - Road and Rail Maintenance - Theme: Trains

4546_road_n_rail_maintenance.jpg

4546 LXF

Notes:

- Different decoration for minifig torso.

- Spring Wheels Holder (2484) not in LDD. Replaced with Plate 2x2 (3022) and Bearing Element 2x2 (6157).

- Hinge Vehicle Roof Holder 1x4x2 (4214) not in LDD, replaced with custom build construction.

EDIT: Roof Holder 4214 corrected with LDD 4.3.8/1564

4544 - Car Transport Wagon - Theme: Trains

4544_car_transport_wagon.jpg

4544 LXF

Notes:

- Different minifig face.

- Vehicle Mudguard 3 x 4 Slope (2513) not in LDD, replaced with custom build car hood.

- Hinge Bar 2 & 1/2 with 2 and 3 Fingers on Ends (2880) not in LDD. Replaced by combination of Hinge Plates 4275 and 4276.

- Support Lattice 1x16 (Train Signal Mast, 4168) not in LDD. Replaced by Plate 2x16 (4282).

Edited by Sjuip

9444 - Cole’s Tread Assault - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09444-425.604-0512-ColesTreadAssault.png

Errors:

- Missing 98140 Snake Lower Part "No. 5". Ommited Skales mini figure.

- Missing 98341 Crown w/ Blade.

- Omitted 2x 85543 V-Belt Ø15.

- Omitted 2x 32062 and shifted 2x 32016 outward 2 LDU to prevent a collision further rearward in the assembly of the rearmost wings. I checked the model at the Lego Store and it takes advantage of the inherent looseness in Technic connections to avoid colliding.

Notes:

I found it interesting that LEGO ignored their own guidelines for click hinges needing to be at multiples of 22.5 degrees. I'm wondering if this is more of a suggestion than a hard and fast rule. Solved: LDD can't replicate the aforementioned inherent looseness of Technic beams and pins, which is what allows the hinges on the physical set to get in click. So an LDD issue, and not an illegal build. Again. :laugh:

9440 Venomari Shrine - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09440-425.604-0512-VenomariShrine.png

Errors:

- Shifted 2x 98136 Mini Snake up 4 LDU to prevent a collision with 6636 Flat Tile 1x6.

9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush - Theme: Ninjago - LXF File

Ninjago-09445-425.604-0512-FangpyreTruckAmbush.png

Errors:

- Missing 98140 Snake Lower Part "No. 5". Ommited Fangtom mini figure.

Errors affecting multiple sets:

- Missing prints. Missing decals.

Edited by zinfinion

4555 - Cargo Station - Theme: Trains

4555_cargo_station.jpg

4555 LXF

Notes:

- Different decorations for minifig torsos (best fitting replacements)

- Different decorations (best fitting replacements) for Tile 1x2 (keyboard) and Slope Brick 45 2x2 (computer screen, telephone)

- Hinge Vehicle Roof Holder 1x4x2 (4214) not in LDD, replaced with custom build construction.

- Window 1x4x6 (6160) not in LDD. Replaced with Window 1x4x6 Frame with 3 Panes (57894) with Glass 57895.

- Support Lattice 2x2x5 (2580c01) not in LDD. Replaced with custom build lattice using Lattice Tower 30517.

- No string for overhead crane.

- Container Grab (2648) and Container Grab Grip (2649) not in LDD. Replaced with Round Plate 2x2 with Eye (2376) and Hook with Ball (30395).

- Winch 2x3x2 (73037) not in LDD. Replaced with custom Winch (credits to Calabar pirate_thumbup.gif )

- Baseplate 32x32 Race Pattern (425p01) not in LDD. Replaced with Baseplate 32x32 6-stud Straight (44336).

EDIT: Winch 73037 corrected in LDD 4.3.6.

EDIT2: Roof Holder 4214 corrected in LDD 4.3.8 BrickVersion 1564.

Edited by Sjuip

Notes:

I found it interesting that LEGO ignored their own guidelines for click hinges needing to be at multiples of 22.5 degrees. I'm wondering if this is more of a suggestion than a hard and fast rule.

Ouch...that is really bad since putting the hinge in tension like that destroy it. This is probably one of the worst design offenses I've seen in a long time.

Ouch...that is really bad since putting the hinge in tension like that destroy it. This is probably one of the worst design offenses I've seen in a long time.

Keep in mind, though, that all parts have certain "tolerances" beyond which the part could become damaged. I don't know too much about that set, but maybe the difference in angle from the required 22.5 is within those slight "tolerances", or maybe because that set has so many Technic sections the parts that are causing the click hinges to collide have some "wiggle room" of their own.

Edited by Aanchir

I've got another for you: granted it's with the "poor excuse for an action feature/ already have more than I'd ever use" 61184.

In the tip of the new geonosian cannon.

The click hinges and the collisions are two separate issues.

As far as the click hinges, I don't own the set, so I can't speak with any certainty on the subject, but just based off the angles in LDD, as well as photos, it appears to me as though the top four wings when folded close to the body cannot get to a full 90 degree hinge angle, as well as the side wings not being able to achieve a 67.5 degree angle. The top four are definitely not posed at 67.5 degrees as well as the side two are not posed at 45 degrees, so logically, they are somewhere in the middle, and thus to my mind, out of click.

Specifically in my LXF, they are at 82.5 and 62.5, so 7.5 and 5 degrees short of a 22.5 multiple. Even if you close them as tight as possible, they still don't get in click. If you compare my angles to any of the published TLG photos or the instruction manual of the set, you'll find they are quite comparable regarding positioning. As well, I took a look at the set at the LEGO Store as mentioned, and they were definitely folded as tight to the body of the vehicle as possible, yet to my eye, none of the hinges were at 90 or 67.5. Obviously without actually holding it and moving the hinges around and feeling them click or not click, I can't be 100% certain.

With regards to the click hinges having slightly loose tolerances and being able to be a degree or two off, just experimenting with some real ones right now, the only way I've found to get a few degrees off and stay in click is through application of force (basically holding it there by hand), which none of these parts in question would experience. And if you do get it to hold at say, 12.25 degrees, the forks start to spread out from stump and I'm guessing this is what is bad for the parts. This happens as well at smaller angles, even 5 degrees, while the ridge of the fork is still technically in click between the fingers of the stump.

As far as the collision issue, it's the columns coming up to the rearmost wings that are colliding with the side of the vehicle. This image gives a better idea of the affected parts:

The blue column was less than a millimeter too close to the green side of the vehicle, which clearly is not an issue with the actual physical parts due to the looser tolerances of Technic beams and pins. And as far as adjusting for the collision, that allowed the entire rack assembly to which the rearmost wings are attached to be slid further backwards as intended, allowing the wings/hinges to get even closer to a proper multiple of 22.5.

Either way, I just thought it was an interesting issue in LDD, especially given its tendency to prevent "illegal" building. Whether it extends to the real set or not, we'll just have to wait until someone curious enough about it checks it out. I still have to catch up on Alien Conquest and Atlantis sets, so it probably won't be me any time soon. :laugh:

61184. In the tip of the new geonosian cannon.

That is truly flagrant. I do have these pieces on hand and the 61184 pin is definitely kept under compression. Ouch! Funnily enough, LDD allows it without any issues.

Edited by Calabar
Image that is not a set preview converted in text link.

I've got another for you: granted it's with the "poor excuse for an action feature/ already have more than I'd ever use" 61184.

In the tip of the new geonosian cannon.

I've looked and looked, but I can't figure out where the error is? :blush:

Keep in mind, though, that all parts have certain "tolerances" beyond which the part could become damaged. I don't know too much about that set, but maybe the difference in angle from the required 22.5 is within those slight "tolerances", or maybe because that set has so many Technic sections the parts that are causing the click hinges to collide have some "wiggle room" of their own.

From what I can see, having looked at the LDD model and examined the instructions, the hinge is more or less caught "in between" two clicks.

But, let's wait and see if someone that has the set built can report how it looks with all elements "shaked into place".

I've looked and looked, but I can't figure out where the error is? :blush:

The 61184 3 M.Arch w.Knob and Shaft ø3.2 is kept compressed by the 32187 Middle Ring when assembled as shown in step 17 on page 34. It's not obvious from the instructions, but if you try it with the actual parts, it's readily apparent.

Edited by Calabar
Image that is not a set preview converted in text link.

The 61184 3 M.Arch w.Knob and Shaft ø3.2 is kept compressed by the 32187 Middle Ring when assembled as shown in step 17 on page 34. It's not obvious from the instructions, but if you try it with the actual parts, it's readily apparent.

OK,I see it now....that's even worse. :wacko:

I don't know if everyone know, but the model that caused legal methods to be strongly introduced was the Legoland Audit TT promotion model: http://img2.toysperiod.com/img/cache/48/800x600/d4e4o5g414t3y404442654a426l4q2w214i4w5d41433v234t20314x2.jpg

The chrome bars were held together by a technic pin, and the pin flanges were then in constant compression....just like with the 2012 SW set. :look: