legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

Now that Brickshelf is up again I can post some images and model files.

LEGO Architecture

21006 The White House

21006.png

ldr

21011 Brandenburg Gate

21011.png

ldr

Error: No 1x8 tile plate with the title on both model

Edited by whitew0lf

Wow! Your models are really good too Whitew0lf. Darn, are mine the only ones that look so lame! :blush:

Somebody please come up with that guide soon. :grin:

5767 Cool Cruiser (Model A) [Creator, 2011]

5767%20Cool%20Cruiser%20%28Model%20A%29.png

MPD file

There is a slight collision where the door edges meet the frame, but it was the only way to get the doors to close in the same way as the actual model.

Nearly all parts that are attached via a hinge can be moved in the same way that you would on the real thing, as I've made sure all sub-models have the correct rotation point.

@palathadric: I'm nearly done with a guide, which I'll try and post over the weekend.

Edited by C3POwen

@palathadric: I'm nearly done with a guide, which I'll try and post over the weekend.

Yay! I look forward to it, and thanks! :classic:

Seriously, yours and Whitew0lf's renders really look like real Lego, in my opinion. Would add so much life to my models.

Edited by palathadric

An oldie, but a goodie:

6641 4-Wheelin' Truck [Town, 1987]

6641%204-Wheelin%27%20Truck.png

MPD file

Although not shown in the picture, the driver is included in the MPD file, sat in the truck (although the correct torso print was not available in MLCad, so he's just wearing a plain white vest).

Minifigs don't seem to come off well when being rendered in POV-Ray, as the standard face's printing is out of proportion, and the face (if anything other than the standard grin) and arms don't look particularly good either, as no native versions of these elements exist for POV-Ray, and making them from scratch is a little bit beyond my expertise.

Although not shown in the picture, the driver is included in the MPD file, sat in the truck (although the correct torso print was not available in MLCad, so he's just wearing a plain white vest).

Minifigs don't seem to come off well when being rendered in POV-Ray, as the standard face's printing is out of proportion, and the face (if anything other than the standard grin) and arms don't look particularly good either, as no native versions of these elements exist for POV-Ray, and making them from scratch is a little bit beyond my expertise.

Yeah, I made all a copy of each of my models. One with minifigs and one without. On my renders the minifigs look okay because the rest of the model looks just as bad, but with your ultra lego-like renders, the minifigs would probably not look that great.

Edited by palathadric
Quoted image removed.

Hi all,

For all those interested in creating povray renderings from ldraw models, can use my website to learn it: http://www.argobrickmodels.com/

The guide is made for Mac users, but basically everything works on windows also. It explains how to get your ldraw file to a povray file and tweak the settings to get the best rendering. The only thing that is not working on mac is the lsynth for making tubes. This is not included in my website.

For those on windows:

- bricksmith is the mac equivalent of any ldraw compatible program

- megapov is the mac povray client that currently works the best - any povray on windows will do.

You will find a step by step guide as well as many posts with tweaks to get the best result in povray.

If you have suggestions or questions, just let me know.

I've been working with many MOcers now to recreate their MOCs in nice rendered images. You can follow this on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23243753@N03/

enjoy

I have posted the guide, although a little late, and it can be found here.

It's not quite complete, and any suggestions are welcome.

I've been working with many MOCers now to recreate their MOCs in nice rendered images. You can follow this on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23243753@N03/

They're very nice looking renders, and very nice MOCs too! :classic:

@whitew0lf: I like the lighting you've used on your renders, it reminds me of the guide that was posted on Brickshelf. What light setup did you use? Feel free to PM me if you wish, to avoid cluttering up this topic with rendering-related stuff as per Calabar's request on page 12.

Beautiful models and renderings!

Error: No 1x8 tile plate with the title on both model

This should help for the White House... 4162p04.png

Philo: Thanks for the correct part

10230 Mini Modulars

Café Corner

10230_cafe.png

ldr

Market Street

10230_market.png

ldr

Green Grocer

10230_ggrocer.png

ldr

Fire Brigade

10230_fireb.png

ldr

Grand Emporium

10230_gemporium.png

ldr

(need Lsynth to open correctly)

Assembly example

10230.png

Edited by whitew0lf

I have posted the guide, although a little late, and it can be found here.

It's not quite complete, and any suggestions are welcome.

Great, I didn't see that post yet. I'll post there a few suggestions. I might be able to learn something as well. :thumbup:

Hey guy. I am new here, so have to pass the 10 post intro limit.

Anyhow once that is done I have following models…

Trains 12v Locomotives - 7755 - Electric Diesel Locomotive

7755.jpg

Download link .DAT

My Own Train - 3740 - Small Locomotive

3740.jpg

Download link .DAT

My Own Train - 10205 - My Own Train

10205.jpg

Download link .DAT

Train Cars 9V - 10013 - Open Freight Wagon

10013.jpg

Download link .DAT

Train Cars 9V - 10014 - Caboose

10014.jpg

Download link .DAT

Train Cars 9V - 10015 - Passenger Wagon

10015.jpg

Download link .DAT

Train Cars 9V - 10017 - Hopper Wagon

10017.jpg

Download link .DAT

Errors: Missing stickers.

Edited by TotalyWicked

@TotalyWicked

Hi, the image you attached is too big, the maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Could you replace it with a smaller version?

Anyway, I suggest you to host your images and ldr files on a file hosting site.

The most used here is brickshelf, that allows the hotlink of the files.

I just created a Brickshelf account….

Very good, so you can use it to store your images instead then the forum's attachment function, that is limited and a bit limiting.

But perhaps you have too few posts to use the image tag, so wait your postcount increased a bit. :wink:

In the meantime you could introduce yourself here.

Thanks for the fast edit. :classic:

@totalywicked

Welcome to Eurobricks and the ldd/ldraw forum :classic:

Can you please make one post of your model with name/number/theme, a picture and a download link?

That's very useful when I'm updating the index and for other people, it's also written in the rules (first post), so, it's better to read them too. :classic:

@totalywicked

Welcome to Eurobricks and the ldd/ldraw forum :classic:

Can you please make one post of your model with name/number/theme, a picture and a download link?

That's very useful when I'm updating the index and for other people, it's also written in the rules (first post), so, it's better to read them too. :classic:

Yeah i'll edit my post as soon as i am over 10 post restriction.

i'll get rid of other posts

I have decided to wait it out with the rendering of my images until go through C3POwen's guide (will have to wait until he gets those LGEO downloads ready, hint, hint! :tongue: ). I have also had not too much time to work on the sets. Anyways, once I figure the rendering out properly (if I do *oh2* ) then I will probably have to revamp all my posts here. Humph, probably even my whole brickshelf account. Beware and be forewarned legolijntje. :laugh: