On A Scale 1 To 5  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Which ARF Trooper Is Your Favorite?

I would agree with that too but LEGO has always had four figs in a battle pack, so I can't really see them changing it.

Yes, but droid BPs have five 'Figs.

Anyways, when I saw that we were getting a new battle pack the year after we got a new Clone Wars one I was rather surprised but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it included four new minifigures, and a nice cannon.

A nice cannon? Well...

... The cannon doesn't really do anything for me.

This more what I think of it.

Honestly: These battlepacks are all about the minifigs. And the only reason I buy them. :laugh:

The other parts that come with it are plain padding.

I wondered how the Commando Droid may look with "normal" legs.

I also wondered how the ARC Trooper might look with a different armor. jmagaletta provided me with a shot since I don't won the Opress minifig. Thanks for the picture :)

arc_v.jpg

cd_1.jpg

cd_2.jpg

cd_3.jpg

cd_4.jpg

cd_5.jpg

cd_6.jpg

Edited by Brickadeer

Fantastic review Masked Builder! Some really great shots of the figs and the set. :thumbup: I am up to 4 of this set now still waiting for some good deals to kick in.

Brickaddeer 800 X 600 is the the maximum size for pictures on this forum. As legoman273 said you need to resize them.

I was wondering why did LEGO make ARF trooper with dark red hands. Well it is clear that arf trooper is part of rancor battalion,BUT that doesn`t explanes why did they put red hands since reference trooper on wookipedia was all white armour with just insignia on helmet....

...so...I figured if they put arc trooper that was on screen for like 1 sec 2x in the episode, maybe its the same thing with the arf trooper, so went to search for this missing red arm guys in the episode...

AND.... :classic:

wgqgza.jpg

Edited by Davor

Brickaddeer 800 X 600 is the the maximum size for pictures on this forum. As legoman273 said you need to resize them.

Ok! How do I do that?

edit:

It doesn't seem to work via BB Code. Ok, I resized them on my computer and used the new pics as links on brickshelf.

Edited by Brickadeer

I was wondering why did LEGO make ARF trooper with dark red hands. Well it is clear that arf trooper is part of rancor battalion,BUT that doesn`t explanes why did they put red hands since reference trooper on wookipedia was all white armour with just insignia on helmet....

...so...I figured if they put arc trooper that was on screen for like 1 sec 2x in the episode, maybe its the same thing with the arf trooper, so went to search for this missing red arm guys in the episode...

wgqgza.jpg

Where did you get that pic?

Ok! How do I do that?

Well, we have tutorials in the General Discussion forum. You can always do what I did and join Flickr. They resize pics automaticly.

Ok! How do I do that?

edit:

It doesn't seem to work via BB Code.

Seeing as your pictures are on Brickshelf you need to resize them on your computer in paint or some other editing tool before you upload them.

Thanks everyone for the interest!

Yes, but droid BPs have five 'Figs.

Quite right, but the droid figures have a lot less plastic on them than do the clones.

Honestly: These battlepacks are all about the minifigs. And the only reason I buy them. :laugh:

The other parts that come with it are plain padding.

Yes I would quite agree. The cannon is pretty lame but it's a nice parts pack.

Could someone take a pic of a commando droid with a Clone Trooper helmet on? (Like in "Rookies")

I would be happy too. Just give me until this afternoon. :sweet:

Fantastic review Masked Builder! Some really great shots of the figs and the set. :thumbup: I am up to 4 of this set now still waiting for some good deals to kick in.

Thank you. I would love to get this set on sale. It would make the deal so much sweeter. :sweet:

*snip*

You're quite right. I'm behind in the episodes so I haven't seen that one yet.

There is a slight variant of that ARF Trooper which currently is my favorite printing:

*snip*

Oh yeah that's a cool one.

Quite right, but the droid figures have a lot less plastic on them than do the clones.

Thank you. I would love to get this set on sale. It would make the deal so much sweeter. :sweet:

I know that droids have less plastic than Clones. That's why I thought they could have added another droid.

Very far behind! That was the first episode of season 3!

I know that droids have less plastic than Clones. That's why I thought they could have added another droid.

Very far behind! That was the first episode of season 3!

Hmmm...I see what you mean. That could be a possibility.

Oh, then I've seen that one. :grin:

How well does it stay on?

Not well at all. It's like putting a helmet on a 1x1 cone brick without pushing it on all the way.

MB, is the visor of your new ARF identical to that of the old ARF? I'm asking because the visor of my new ARF is significantly bigger:

arf_vergleich.jpg

Mine is, if anything, smaller.

I hope noone will ever read this sentence without reference to the right context.

Did you see my pictures of the "modified" Commando Droid on page 2 btw? I think that he'd look pretty cute if legs were in the right colour.

Edited by Brickadeer

I hope noone will ever read this sentence without reference to the right context.

Did you see my pictures of the "modified" Commando Droid on page 2 btw? I think that he'd look pretty cute if legs were in the right colour.

:wall:

Yes I did, I do think they should be a good bit shorter but I think we won't be getting that.

MB, is the visor of your new ARF identical to that of the old ARF? I'm asking because the visor of my new ARF is significantly bigger:

Got couple of old ones and couple of new ones and they are identical. Guess you got a misprint.