thire5

[MOC] ARC-170 starfighter (Instructions)

Saw this on FBTB. Wow! Such a great job capturing the lines and the ship overall. The engines are :wub:

Great work!

Thank you all for comments. I'm glad you like it :sweet:

Here are dimensions: 91cm wide, 59 cm long

What is the approx brick count?

I have no idea :laugh: I guess something between 5000 and 10000

..Can you fold the wings?

Yes, it can, there is a mechanism using technic liftarms and cogwheels to fold/unfold the wings. Maybe I'll take some pictures of it.

I put some more photos to my Brickshelf folder, but unfortunately BS is currently offline.

This looks Amazing. I love all the SNOT work, and the overall smoothness. 5000-10000 pieces, Damn that's huge :sweet: .

Awesome job :thumbup:

definitely interested in instructions. I love this and your Venator. I'm putting up with the lego versions so far, but your MOCs are hugely better (and hugely huge!) :P

Stunning work indeed, but IMO the ship looks from the side little bit thick and there are also some discrepancy in the back of the ship.. But I like the overall look.

P.S. I'm considering making an instruction, would be anyone interested ?

Is a bear a catholic? :tongue:

Yes we would :sweet:.

This is awesome! You've definitely captured the fighter. I especially love the engine intakes, but the whole ship is gorgeous. Great job!

Thank you for comments :sweet:

Build instructions are in progress ...

(approx 30% done) :classic:

Thank you for comments :sweet:

Build instructions are in progress ...

(approx 30% done) :classic:

I really look forward to them :sweet:.

What a beauty! You did an excellent job with keeping the build clean and accurate. I absolutely love those engines! :thumbup:

Pretty! :wub:

I wish I could build something like this, but I prefer building in System scale rather than UCS, so if I wanted to make an accurate ARC-170, I would have to make it with plates instead of SNOT. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Poison Ivy

Thank you for comments :classic:

Instructions are about 75% done.

Stunning work indeed, but IMO the ship looks from the side little bit thick and there are also some discrepancy in the back of the ship.. But I like the overall look.

Well, I agree that it's little bit more higher than it should be (1 or 2 bricks), but I can't see any inaccuracies at the back. I used mainly pictures from the movie as a reference. But maybe I overlooked something...

Great to hear instructions are coming along! And fast too!! Are you working on it in MLCAD or LLD?

Does this set on a stand? I couldn't see one in the pics on Flickr or Brickshelf?!

Jamie

This is amazing , I can't stop staring at the pic ... Your moc is outstanding , congrats "Thire5" !

I have to say, excellent MOC and use of SNOT techniques, though I imagine at that size that kind of structure must be very fragile. Also, I'd love to be able to build such a great ship, yet I worry, that with the forthcoming instructions I still won't be able to build this simply because of how expensive that many pieces is. Once again, I congratulate you on what I can most certainly call the single greatest ARC-170 moc out there.

Here it comes ...... :sweet:

donwload link:

DEMO version 

For the full pdf with instructions, please, contact me on my email to get the link: thire@seznam.cz

Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6703/thire5/ucs-arc-170-starfighter/

Thank you for support!

6902431835_467b9ec1e3.jpg

Thank you!

Next time I'm going to make instructions to my Terminator :classic:

Edited by thire5
fixed links

Now that I have had a chance to "flip" through the instructions, all I can say is WOW!

The engines, the mechanics for the wings opening and closing, and nose are, IMO, awesome. Lots of pieces to achieve those shapes! Lots of trial and error, too, I assume?!

Thanks for the instructions. I for one, will be adding this to my collection soon.

Thanks again, Jamie