6790781989_1dd99e8060_z.jpg

(photograph= link to flickr set)

A "small" creation of mine. A tow truck similar to those of Sariel and M_longer. This one it fully motorized and partly RC (just TO many functions for full RC :blush:).

A full description and better photo's (this one is quite bad I have to say :tongue:) will come later. Of course a video will be made.

I'm not sure whether this creation is finished or not. I would like some details on the front to be chromed but I don't know the price of that yet.

Edited by dikkie klijn

Nice tow truck! :thumbup: Using the link behind the picture above, I see all 13 pictures on the Flickr photoset. It took over 3 months to complete this beast:

6222699209_0496ca605e_z.jpg6323365890_8ba131a987_z.jpg6741534159_11cd8a9fe4_z.jpg

Looks nice! The colours you've picked certainly go well with the overall smoothness. Looking forward to a word or two about the functions.

And now I've made much better pictures, have a look.

6817212735_3fc9260abe_z.jpg

6817150927_45daf7c119_z.jpg

Detailed interior:

6817160171_c0cf0778a9_z.jpg

Suspension on all axles:

6817148381_20156f376c_z.jpg

Stabilizers:

6817145151_79c059059f_z.jpg

6817142327_d520a69dac_z.jpg

Powerful crane:

6817149285_cbd7bce266_z.jpg

6817206371_dd415c8633_z.jpg

Control's (non IR):

6817135571_fe08669e4a_z.jpg

6817134703_16a78d7917_z.jpg

And a word or two about the functions:

The tow truck is half IR and half control'd by switches as seen in the pictures above. The IR functions are:

- Drive (back/forward, steering)

Axle 1 and 2 are steered

Axle 3 and 4 are driven

- Crane (all components)

Manually we have a motorized compressor witch powers the stabilizers and the yoke. A switch for general lights and one for the warning lights, then there's a fourth switch for the wheel lift.

Non motorized are opening doors and hood, and full solid axle suspension on all of the axles.

General:

- 70 cm long

- 16 cm wide

- 22 cm tall (boom down)

- 79 cm tall (boom up)

- 5.5 kg of lego

- 2 XL motors

- 7 M motors

- 4 PF lights

- 5 Light bulbs

- Almost 8 meters of electrical wire

- 1 compressor pump (new style)

- 3 pneumatic switches

- 7 pneumatic cylinders

And that's it for this long long post. :blush:

Full flickr set

Edited by dikkie klijn

Absolutely stunning. I love how the front stabilizers are hidden in the body. And how many battery boxes are used for this?

Once again a great moc. I really like that you've managed to incorporate full suspension on this. The stabilizers are awesome. You've done a great job hiding the gearing used to extend the boom.

Does the steering on the 2nd axle disengage when it is lifted?

Very nice moc. Thanks for showing us!

:wub: I am in love! very nice job. the exterior is so beautiful looking. And the functionality is amazing.

tim

And how many battery boxes are used for this?

Just one, LINK

Does the steering on the 2nd axle disengage when it is lifted?

No the 2nd axle can't be lifted, the switch for the Wheel Lift isn't for the 2nd axle its for the "arm" that lifts up the towed vehicle. I'm sorry English isn't my mother tongue, in fact I'm from Holland.

Edited by dikkie klijn

I have not responded yet and gladly so. Because now we can see it in its full

This is -as I suspected- a really, really nice and very beautiful design!

Need I say it looks stunning? And all the functionality as well!

Very nice Dikkie!

No the 2nd axle can't be lifted, the switch for the Wheel Lift isn't for the 2nd axle its for the "arm" that lifts up the towed vehicle. I'm sorry English isn't my mother tongue, in fact I'm from Holland.

Ah, ok. Your English is very good. I just had a brain fart, and when I read "wheel lift", I was thinking liftable axle and not the wheel lift on the back. Sorry.

Bammm, fantastic photos and a fantastic truck too.

I think I´ve to learn so much to be on the same level. But! Pictures likes these are helping a lot. :laugh:

Just one mini, mini, mini criticism. The 1+2 axles are not in the same look as the 3+4 axles. Yes I know, it got steering reasons, but it disturb the look a bit.

Please head on, I want to see more of your projects.

Ah, thanks for heading me to your flickr account, why didn´t I click it before? :wacko:

I love the snow chains, small but great idea.

regards Klaus

Great video. I love the functionality of the truck. Would you mind posting photos of the truck frame that you towed in the video, it looks really cool.

tim

That chassis indeed has full suspension. Tho it is more for the looks since it is way to stiff to really work :tongue:

Ahh it looks great anyway, thanks for uploading.

tim

I was waiting for the video and it was worth it. Together with M1longer's and Sariel's tow trucks, this one is next to them in my top 3. The only thing that is pretty unusual are the front stabilizers. Is there any real truck with this system? I would not like to paint the sides after every towing because they would get scratched.