Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Captain's Hall

Each year Lord Arlindus of Circardia and his father, Orthus throw a Founder's Day feast annually. The Founder's Day is a combination of celebrating Orthus settling Circardia and a thanksgiving to their neighbors for their contributions to Circardia. The Feast is held in the Captain's Hall of the Citadel of Circardia. The citadel is a simple fortification that houses the Captains Hall, Lord Arlindus' dwelling and a few support buildings surrounded by a wall.

Here you can see a sample of the wall and the Captain's Hall.

captain7-M.jpg

captain6-M.jpg

captain5-M.jpg

captain8-M.jpg

The Phoenix Guard protects the Citadel and its honored guest; Varis, Lord of the Rustling Leaves Clan to the north east (rougeang's sigfig), Dywilyn, Chieftain of the Oak Heart Clan from deep in the Enchanted Forest to the West of Circardia , Mattheus the Druid (Matn's sigfig) from the lands to the east of Circardia and their host, Lord Arlindus and his father, Orthus.

Inside, the guest indulge in the finest mead and desserts from Durham the Beekeeper, fine smoked fish from the streams that feed the Isca River, choice venison from Roltic the Hunter, and fresh breads from Felden and Lyndia bakery as well as many fine food and drinks brought by the guest.

The Balcony of the Captain's Hall has a small Library and a desk where Lord Arlindus conducts his official business.

captain1-M.jpg

Lord Arlindus raises his glass to toast his guests

captain4-M.jpg

captain2-M.jpg

The merriment last deep in the the evening but more celebrations are planned for Circardia as part of Founder's Day

captain3-M.jpg

This build was pretty challenging for me. I had in my mind what I wanted to do but was limited by what bricks I had. Overall, I would liked to have done more but feel pretty satisfied with it overall. The wood panel walls, the mosaic tile inlay and the furniture I thought came out well. I wanted to put a kitchen in the section of the curtain wall prehaps at a later day or build. I also had some issues with my lighting setup. Im not real happy with the photography but I hope you get the idea. On a final note to Rougeang, I know Varis is wearing a different torso but I ordered the the correct one from Bricklink but the buyer still hasn't sent it. And Matn, Mattheus had a similar problem. I thought I ordered the correct hair piece but when it arrived, I realized it was the wrong one. Sorry guys!

As always please let me know what you think.

Edited by MikeyB

WOW! This is awesome! I love the color scheme, the roofing, the tiling in the dining hall.. This is a beautiful MOC. I really like the dressers and the cutaway of the wall. The interior is packed with stuff too. I love it!

:wub:

BTW, where are those torsos from on the Phoenix Guard?

WOW! This is awesome! I love the color scheme, the roofing, the tiling in the dining hall.. This is a beautiful MOC. I really like the dressers and the cutaway of the wall. The interior is packed with stuff too. I love it!

default_wubnew.gif

BTW, where are those torsos from on the Phoenix Guard?

^They are from Dastan in the Prince of Persia line.

AlGreat job on this! The roof is my favorite part, but the overall creation has a great feel to it. Nice work.

AWESOME! I love the interior! The outside is pretty good. The stone castle section dosen't match with the rest of it. The way you used the barrels on the entrance is genius! :thumbup: The whole entrance just has such a grand vibe to it. I like the tall windows next to the chimney and the chimney. I really like this and think overall it would look better without that castle section.

Mikey, this is a beauty!!! The outside is great and I love the boardwalk (is that the correct name?!) in front of the house!

Is the roof technique the same as Z in his gate house? How did you attached those flags?

The interior is packed with great details that I just love!

Is there a chance that you can take a pic of the windows that are stacked on top of eachother? They looks great but I can´t really see them.

thanks for the feed back.

@rougeang hyler is correct they are from Dastan torso. I was shopping on BL and found a source where they were only 15 cents each so I bought a 35. I hope to grow my army to at least that size in the near future.

@Capt I debate the wall portion for a while. I think it needs to be longer to give the feel that I was going for (that the hall is tucked into the corner of a typical square castle layout. I wanted to create a tower and add a kitchen to the lower portion. You cant really tell from the photos but inside the Hall their is a door leading into the wall. Maybe Ill redo this at some point.

@De Gothia the roof is a combination of the CMF bases, black tiles. they are all connected underneath with long 2x plates. they are connected to a couple long rigid hose pieces with a clip. And the window is the typical arch window stacked three high. i do have some more details shots I can post later of the roof and the window.

This is a fantastic build Mikey :thumbup: The building looks great from the outside, with good use of different parts for effects. The interior looks great too, very cosy feel and well detailed. Another excellent addition from you!

I read your story. I understad what you did. The front cut out is a crazy idea. I have to say "that took some balls". I totally get what you are trying to do. Your house stands perfect without the stone.

Fantastic! The roof is amazing, as is the level of detail in the interior. Well done!

Amen to that! The roof is indeed great. Also nice you've made a piece of wall.

Edited by Ecclesiastes

A feast for the eyes ! I love the use of the barrels as columns. Your interiour is incredibly detailed, I really like the hanging candle holder above the table.

Really nicely done. This is an inspiration to me, as my interiors are sadly lacking.

I really like the dresser at the top of the stairs -- those leg pieces on top are perfect! I am totally going to steal that technique. Unfortunately those reddish-brown legs cost a (relative) fortune.

I also like the way you mounted the barrel on a bracket. I was working on one the other day and building a cradle for it, which looked way too bulky. Not sure why I didn't think of using that bracket. :blush: Great fireplace too!

The only thing I'm not totally in love with are the little bits that pop up above the ridgeline of the roof. I can't quite see them that well, but they look to small compared to the size of the roof, like they're out of proportion or something.

Thanks everyone for comments.

Really nicely done. This is an inspiration to me, as my interiors are sadly lacking.

I really like the dresser at the top of the stairs -- those leg pieces on top are perfect! I am totally going to steal that technique. Unfortunately those reddish-brown legs cost a (relative) fortune.

I also like the way you mounted the barrel on a bracket. I was working on one the other day and building a cradle for it, which looked way too bulky. Not sure why I didn't think of using that bracket. :blush: Great fireplace too!

The only thing I'm not totally in love with are the little bits that pop up above the ridgeline of the roof. I can't quite see them that well, but they look to small compared to the size of the roof, like they're out of proportion or something.

I struggle with incorporating interiors into my designs as well so this was a challenge to myself.

I had seen the leg pieces used somewhere else before so I wish I could take credit for the idea. Sadly I can't find where or who I got the idea from. and the barrel on the bracket is taken from the Medieval Market Village Set IIRC.

I wasn't totally convinced on the ridgeline either. I don't hate it but i thought it looked too plain without them. In the end I liked it better with them than without. I think using some tan headlight bricks might "flow" with the rest of the building but I was getting frustrated with the build even though it looks pretty strait forward.

funnily I spent a lot of time and thought into creating the half wall paneling and then put some furniture in front of it and you cant really see it in the photos.

again thanks for all the comments!

I struggle with incorporating interiors into my designs as well so this was a challenge to myself.

Well, I'd say you hit it out of the park!

I wasn't totally convinced on the ridgeline either. I don't hate it but i thought it looked too plain without them. In the end I liked it better with them than without.

Maybe just trying making those cupolas (or whatever they are) stick up a bit more and make them a bit wider too. I think the idea is solid; they just looked a bit small and out of proportion to the size of the building overall.

funnily I spent a lot of time and thought into creating the half wall paneling and then put some furniture in front of it and you cant really see it in the photos.

Well, I noticed, and I loved it. Inspired me to put some wainscoting in my embassy build. Keep up the good work!

Wow I like it very much, seems sturdy and well constructed.

The colors are Avalonian yet a personal design for your Phoenix constructions can be seen.

Great interior too. :thumbup:

thanks again for the comments

As requested, here are a couple shots that show the detail of the roof and one of the side of the building.

captain11-M.jpg

captain12-M.jpg

Thanks Mikey!

Those windows stacked on eachother looks great! I´ve always thought that there would be a to large gap between them, but I´m proved wrong! :classic:

The roof is very nice indeed! Have to borrow that idea! :wink: