Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Six

Nicholas, I wish there was another way. I really do.

Vote: Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi)

Let's list the roles that the town has had:

Investigator- Bluto

Bodygaurd- Magilla- Nicholas

Virgin Cop

Cherrinator- died with Ophelia

Protector- Papa Smurf

Vig- Batman

Blocker-The Thing

Tracker- Inspector Gadget

Mirror Cloak- Mehmet (dead)

Watcher- Penelope (dead)

All the virgins have been verified. The remaining scum have to be hiding in the Action Campies. Your role is one of the few that has a really close double. Added to the weird blocking and that you're apparently uninvestigatable, we have to vote you out today.

And you've told someone that you don't trust me in private even going so far as saying that you think I'm the scum Godfather. If your role claim is true, you'd have been dead after you tried to protect me.

As to why you were tracked night 2, I can't explain it.

Don't use Mehmet's death as proof of anything. You knew he was Goofy. You had him blocked before you killed him.

I am going to do this, if this turns out to be a mistake, at least we wont have convicted a virgin, which is good :hmpf_bad:.

Protector is a very easy and defendable role to claim as a scum, him being scum would make a degree of sense, and it is the best thing we have so far, I doubt anyone would disagree with that. If anyone has other visions or accusations to make, PLEASE bring them forward!

Isn't it convenient that you are one of the ones who keeps getting 'triple blocked', when you are the one who came up with the theory of it in the first place? I think you made the whole triple block thing up to cover your tracks because you somehow knew that all actions against you would fail.

Johnny's right, the only way to test this whole thing is to lynch Nicholas. Good riddance to another scummy cultist.

William is right, I have been verified as a virgin, so I'm going to go with the people I've come to trust.

Let's list the roles that the town has had:

Investigator- Bluto

Bodygaurd- Magilla- Nicholas

Virgin Cop

Protector- Papa Smurf

Blocker-The Thing

Tracker- Inspector Gadget

Watcher- Penelope (dead)

Any of the roles above could have been simulated by Cultists, any of them. And have any of them been investigated? I'm sure the answer is no. Duplicating protection is relevant in a situation where the scum mission is to kill specific players, in this case Virgins.

And verifying Virgins is not good enough. The Godfather of the Cultists or whatever his name is could very well pose as a Virgin and infiltrate their ranks. Clearing them all doesn't mean trusting them all.

And you've told someone that you don't trust me in private even going so far as saying that you think I'm the scum Godfather. If your role claim is true, you'd have been dead after you tried to protect me.

What I've told Mellifluous -- who pretended being suspicious of you -- is that though I have reasons to trust you (my night action, to start with) we shouldn't let our guard down because the last scum alive will likely investigate as town, perhaps even as Virgin. So even the most verified Campie could turn out to be scum.

Cornelius told me he had me investigated last night. So he's obviously fishing for information, but I don't know who the investigator actually investigated, and what was the real result. I'm puzzled.

As Hinck mentioned, there was no 'inner circle' but multiple small circles around him. We were both part of that. In our conversations Cornelius always appeared to be a good townie.

I'll have a word with Cornelius to find out what he's up to. I'm not satisfied with the evidence he has about Bob, but I'm even more wary of the bandwagon following his vote.

In thread I said that I trust Cornelius because I know a night action verified him as townie. Problem is, the Godfather in these games is often immune to investigation. And the Godfather role is passed down to the last scum alive. So just saying that I don't know what to make of him. Let's see what other night results he comes up with.

There, everyone is on the same page.

Don't use Mehmet's death as proof of anything. You knew he was Goofy. You had him blocked before you killed him.

Of course, I could have blocked him when Mehmet told us time and again that he believed that every action would be reflected by the mirror. We saw that tracking, protecting and investigating Mehmet through the mirror were impossible. It's more likely that blocking him would never have worked either.

(And yes I knew, I was just trying not to give the scum more information than they already have.)

You're a smart guy, Nicholas. Surely if your ability were true, it wouldn't somehow save you if you protected the Godfather.

Yes, I'm trusting the virgins right now. If we can't start eliminating suspects when we've verified them as much as we possibly can, how are we to find the scum?

My biggest concern is that we can't verify you, Nicholas. I'm not going to waste Bluto another night trying when I strongly believe it's impossible for him to get a result. We have other suspects to clear. And Bluto is the only one whose action could clear you.

You're saying that we shouldn't trust anybody even if they're verified by night actions but that we should trust that you're not a Cultist even when we can't even target you to verify you? Lynching you today is the only way we'll know for sure. It's not something we want to do but something we need to do.

I was suspect of you before I knew who you were. Magilla has not been trusted in my books.

Nicolas is correct in saying, however, that people "verified" should not be trusted blindly. Especially those upholding Mehmet's legacy. If Nicolas is not scum... we must look at them with more scrutiny tomorrow.

You're saying that we shouldn't trust anybody even if they're verified by night actions but that we should trust that you're not a Cultist even when we can't even target you to verify you? Lynching you today is the only way we'll know for sure. It's not something we want to do but something we need to do.

I'm saying that you shouldn't trust everybody who is verified by night actions. And you all have been rehashing the same argument that I can't be verified -- which can easily be a way for the scum to frame me and others -- while not adressing the points I made which I think strongly argue that I can't be a Cultist.

So tomorrow when the next person you try to investigate, block or kill is also 'immune', you will be facing the same problem. The scum will just lead you from bad lynch to bad lynch until you realise that you weren't looking in the right place to begin with. I just hope that in the morning when Imhotep's eyes flash green you will remember not to take every night result at face value.

I was suspect of you before I knew who you were. Magilla has not been trusted in my books.

Any particular reason to support this grand statement, Ahmed?

Bhah. With many night action holders confirmed, it really does help us find the cultists potentially hiding within the night actions. Somebody who can't be verified certainly merits sacrificing.

Bhah. With many night action holders confirmed, it really does help us find the cultists potentially hiding within the night actions. Somebody who can't be verified certainly merits sacrificing.

Confirmed how? I understand the Cherrinator or the vig can be confirmed, but what about tracker or investigator? I'm as confirmed as they are, given that they haven't been investigated. Who knows who will be the next one giving 'unsuccessful' results?

Confirmed how? I understand the Cherrinator or the vig can be confirmed, but what about tracker or investigator? I'm as confirmed as they are, given that they haven't been investigated. Who knows who will be the next one giving 'unsuccessful' results?

Exactly and they will be next if we don't see any damned real solid proof of their allegiance.

So lets get this show on the road then boys.

For this triple block and the way that he was never once able to prove himself in 5 nights. I will eat my brain if you were really blocked 3/5 times.

Oh and however embarrassing it is, I haven't had much time to go back and check my suspects so atm I only have a list of a few people I would like to go check over.

For this triple block and the way that he was never once able to prove himself in 5 nights. I will eat my brain if you were really blocked 3/5 times.

I was blocked twice. It is those who attempted to investigate/kill/block me who were allegedly blocked 3 times. Though the tracker tracked me just fine.

A few points that nobody cared to seriously address. I repeat them here, because I can.

What William forgot to mention is that when the vigilante failed to kill Betty Swallocks, he was obviously not targetting me. Yet the same night the investigator also failed. So two scum players with night immunity, right? Sure.

Then what about night 2, when I was asked to protect you? The tracker saw me protect you, he was perfectly able to do it and you didn't die. So one night I have immunity, the other I don't? Right. Your evidence doesn't add up I'm afraid.

William is aware that the vigilante was asked to stay home on night 1 so that the Cultists think the one they blocked (Penelope) was the vig. A couple of days later when the Cultists thought that Betty was in danger, Penelope was killed. Not the real vigilante but the make-believe vigilante, Penelope. Mehmet had informed us that Penelope was not the vig, yet the Cultists didn't have that information. It was a vital piece of intelligence the absence of which obviously set them back in their plans, and if I had been a Cultist I would never have risked the life of one of my own on the grounds of (possibly) sparking some suspicion.

The night Mehmet died, he made it abundantly clear in private that he would be protected by the mirror cloak. I don't know about you, but if I had been a Cultist I would have advised to wait until he wouldn't be protected before killing him, or actually kill him a day earlier when he effectively wasn't protected. Why take a chance and risk the kill being reflected to the killer? And don't tell me that the Cultists knew that the cloak wouldn't work that night -- not even the cloak protector himself understood how the cloak worked exactly, so don't give too much credit to the Cultists!

I can find more examples of why I can't be scum. Our life here would have played quite differently.

Oh, and should I add that the 'way' I was blocked on night 3 is identical to the way the investigator and vigilante were blocked on the same night? And other Campies on following nights? Nobody told me how they were blocked before I was asked, yet my claim matched theirs perfectly. Would a Cultist know what would be the precise result of their action?

:pir_kiss:

:sick:

And where's our friend Ishaq? Every day I look forward to his contribution. I'm sure he will get me out of this mess.

There are some roles that are as yet uncomfirmed. I admit that. But we've had none of the problems trying to target them that we've had with you. Some have been investigated once we finally stopped trying to verify you. We're asking the town to follow us in this lynch not because you're simply unverified but because you seem to be unverifiable. Should we just say, "Oh, well he might not be scum" and let you continue to be an unknown factor?

Why does everyone keep asking how confirmed the Investigator is? Bluto is one of the most trustworthy people I've got right now. Are you saying that the scum would have outed one of their own, Betty, by having a second scum come forward and claim to be the true investigator? That is just plain stupid.

Funny that you bring up the tracker as well. Isn't that result what you hang you're innocence on? But you're willing to say, "take him instead" if we let you live?

And I'm not trusting people willy nilly. There are very few people within the "inner circle" as some have called it. And these people I would and have trusted with my life. I have not eliminated anyone as a suspect just because I feel like it. I am checking everyone.

We're asking the town to follow us in this lynch not because you're simply unverified but because you seem to be unverifiable. Should we just say, "Oh, well he might not be scum" and let you continue to be an unknown factor?

Well yeah, since I'm doing no harm. Look at my weepy and hopeful eyes: :cry_happy: How will you deal tonight with so many Virgins to protect and only one protector left? Who will likely be blocked again?

Why does everyone keep asking how confirmed the Investigator is? Bluto is one of the most trustworthy people I've got right now. Are you saying that the scum would have outed one of their own, Betty, by having a second scum come forward and claim to be the true investigator? That is just plain stupid.

Funny that you bring up the tracker as well. Isn't that result what you hang you're innocence on? But you're willing to say, "take him instead" if we let you live?

Not at all. I'm saying that they're no more verified than I am, so when they start returning 'unsuccessful' results you will have no choice but to lynch them too. Not the investigator, you're right in saying that she's unlikely to be scum. The others.

And I'm not hanging my innocence on one night result. It's supported by logic that you choose to ignore. But I'm sure that Hans has already forgiven this Camp already for judging him too hastily, and so will I.

Why would I be immune to investigation, killing, blocking but not tracking? :wacko: It seems unneccessarily complicated to me.

What strikes me the most is that you keep bringing up that the tracker was able to track you and you keep dismissing the fact that four other separate night actions failed against you. There are three possibilities I could think of:

1.) The tracker is your scum buddy. It could be a coordinated scum move by the both of you. Both protector and tracker are easily claimed by scum and 'results' can be readily made up to appear believable. You could just always say that hey, the tracker was able to 'track' you and hence pretend that you targeted William on Night 2, on top of actually avoiding to kill William to make the 'protection' appear more believable.

2.) Your night action immunity is not fixed but assigned, like the infamous protector cloak thingy used by Mehmet. It is possible that you didn't have such immunity the night you were tracked (Night 2), but in the subsequent nights that the failed investigations (Nights 3 and 4), block and vig kill (Night 5) occurred you had that night action immunity.

3.) The tracking action somehow works despite your immunity (as pointed by Mr. Cox).

The fact still remains that there is a great amount of difficulty in trying to verify you, and in this crazy ordeal we cannot have that much cloud of suspicion hovering on someone. We would have gladly welcomed a successful investigation on you (and hoping you're an Innocent to side with us), but we have s no choice but to do this.

What's more, the people who could not target you could not do it over a number of nights. You are the only person who has had these results returned. No one else (correct me if I'm wrong) makes actions "unsuccessful". Bluto failed two separate nights, and Batman and The Thing failed the same night. You can not believe the scum are getting that lucky.

What strikes me the most is that you keep bringing up that the tracker was able to track you and you keep dismissing thee fact that four other separate night actions failed against you. There are three possibilities I could think of:

1.) The tracker is your scum buddy. It could be a coordinated scum move by the both of you. Both protectors and trackers are easily claimed by scum and 'results' can be readily made up to appear believable. You could just always say that hey, the tracker was able to 'track' you and hence pretend that you targeted William on Night 2, on top of actually avoiding to kill William to make the 'protection' appear more believable.

2.) Your night action immunity is not fixed but assigned, like the infamous protector cloak thingy used by Mehmet. It is possible that you didn't have such immunity the night you were tracked (Night 2), but in the subsequent nights that the failed investigations (Nights 3 and 4), block and vig kill (Night 5) occurred you had that night action immunity.

3.) The tracking action somehow works despite your immunity (as pointed by Mr. Cox).

The fact still remains that there is a great amount of difficulty in trying to verify you, and in this crazy ordeal we cannot have that much cloud of suspicion hovering on someone. We would have gladly welcomed a successful investigation on you (and hoping you're an Innocent to side with us), but we have s no choice but to this.

I perfectly understand your concerns, and the reason you think you should lynch me. Though you have forgotten option number 4:

4.) The scum were informed of an unsuccessful investigation on me, and figured that I would be the target of further prodding. So they made sure I was 'framed' with whatever special blocking action they have until the town finally decided to get rid of their bodyguard.

What's more, the people who could not target you could not do it over a number of nights. You are the only person who has had these results returned. No one else (correct me if I'm wrong) makes actions "unsuccessful". Bluto failed two separate nights, and Batman and The Thing failed the same night. You can not believe the scum are getting that lucky.

Please see above.

Oh, and can anyone guess the poet I am quoting below? Free unsuccessful result for the winner! :oh:

And what if there really was no investigation conducted on Hans? It's called a TRAP, and as William said, it paid off and we caught him with a BLATANT LIE. Every move we make here involves some sort of risk, and between voting and not voting, I'd rather go with the more decisive move than passively waiting for a day to pass pinning our hopes to an unsure investigation. It may be just a difference in our personality and playing strategy, but I'd rather be more active than passive, decisive than indecisive. ("It's better to have loved voted and lost than to never to have loved voted at all." :wink:)

Oh, and can anyone guess the poet I am quoting below? Free unsuccessful result for the winner! :oh:

:pir_kiss:

Nice try my friend, but I don't get affected by such shallow jabs. :snicker: See you in the afterlife... :wink:

Oh and before you forget, you might miss doing two important things before you get fed to IMHOTEP:

1. Call the rest of the Innocent Campies "Sheep"for bandwagoning against you.

2. Desperately pressure the hosts to extend your stay here in this desert hole.

:purrr:

Vote Tally

Nichloas Hoare (Fugazi): 8 votes (Cecilie, CorneliusMurdock, Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Sandy, Zepher, Eskallon, KielDaMan)

Where is everybody? :cry_sad: Where's Mehmet? Life in the desert was so much more exciting when he was around! :sceptic:

2. Desperately pressure the hosts to extend your stay here in this desert hole.

I don't understand what is so laughable about Hans trying to give the town time to reconsider their choice, since it was such a bad choice.

Vote Tally

Nichloas Hoare (Fugazi): 8 votes (Cecilie, CorneliusMurdock, Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Sandy, Zepher, Eskallon, KielDaMan)

And why hasn't everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Aloysius, Goodenarde, Leplot and Ettaq, this is your last chance to save yourselves! Tomorrow you will be scrutinised for weird voting behaviour and refusing to lynch a townie, an obvious scum tell.

Where is everybody? :cry_sad: Where's Mehmet? Life in the desert was so much more exciting when he was around! :sceptic:

You shouldn't have had him killed then :tongue:

And where's our friend Ishaq? Every day I look forward to his contribution. I'm sure he will get me out of this mess.

I'm right here, though I don't see why you would think I could get you out of this.

I don't believe you are immune to night actions; there's the successful tracking of you and the unsuccessful vigilante-kill of Betty to disprove that theory. A whole lot of these unsuccessful actions seem to be focused on you, however, and most of them would have revealed your affiliation if they were successful.

And why hasn't everyone jumped on the bandwagon? Aloysius, Goodenarde, Leplot and Ettaq, this is your last chance to save yourselves! Tomorrow you will be scrutinised for weird voting behaviour and refusing to lynch a townie, an obvious scum tell.

I think I've acted weirdly enough to not get any extra attention by not voting for you. Thanks for the concern, though.