AwesomeTaylor

Skate Shop and Butchers Modulars

indexed.gif B-OM-12A

I've been working on some new buildings, and continuing to convert my old modulars to fit my new 16-wide town! I have no clue as to how I will work the new Town Hall into this, but I have a few ideas brewing...

Today I have two new buildings to show you! I have focused much more now on building furniture, and trying to make some interesting facades using a few new techniques:

6779109639_484908a3fd.jpg

Here are my new buildings - Skate Shop on the left and Butchers on the right

6779115137_613fbc96c9.jpg

Meet the residents! The Butcher owns the building, but lives outside of town with his wife.

The Hairdresser and her husband rent upstairs. The husband works the night shift at the pub,

so he is a bit bothered about having to wake up to get his picture taken

6779110471_dbcda92bd4.jpg

The Butchers sidewalk has a lovely mosaic built into the front of the building

6779110019_9f5e82e3b7.jpg

The Butcher even has fresh duck for his customers!

6779110867_8a2fd7eee7.jpg

Removing part of the back wall gives us a great view into the Butchers

6779111539_36492de2c2.jpg

His deli counter has a variety of meats and cheeses, and behind him is his industrial meat slicer

6779112125_11379ffb8f.jpg

The back room is refrigerated and contains even more meat hung up ready to be prepped

6779112631_749e5dd794.jpg

Upstairs, the town best hairdresser works on one of her regular customers

6779113209_e864070056.jpg

Her bay window has a variety of styles for her female customers the choose from

6779113599_606e19272a.jpg

This is an outside shot of the bay window. The blue lines are broken up a bit here, I need

to order some new parts

6779114143_cff0ca4a07.jpg

The top floor has the husband sleeping soundly

6779114557_eb88181a06.jpg

This bookshelf is crammed full of books about dinosaurs!

6779115669_0cc883f14f.jpg

This young couple met skating the stairs of the Town Hall! Now they have their own business in town!

6779116201_793b788a74.jpg

The crane game outside is actually fairly easy. This guys about to win himself an orange 1x1 round plate!

6779117271_cdbf131a55.jpg

The large inverted window shows off the latest board designs to passers by

6779116821_df58a4f4bb.jpg

The first floor Skate Shop is full of Skateboards, Snowboards and Surfboards!

6779117689_f2e0508b8c.jpg

This guy has a vacation coming up, and is stopping in to grab some new swimming trunks

6779118321_c377c97390.jpg

And this kind is getting some new sheels for his skateboard

6779118849_034d7f9a68.jpg

Upstairs is a fully stocked arcade, complete with dancing game and pinball machine!

6779119303_bbdde1e71f.jpg

They even have the latest dinosaur shooting game!

6779119793_147528fe9e.jpg

And under the stairs is a racing game

6779120259_7be191898a.jpg

The top floor is a comic store. Customers are always greeted by a full size figurine of

a super hero or villain!

6779120837_914268fdf6.jpg

You can even get replica Stormtrooper or Samus helmets! and the briefcase in the

display is from Pulp Fiction!

6779121315_6d27b1e4d4.jpg

The store is stocked with a HEAP of comics!

6779121991_71dafbc46f.jpg

A birds-eye view of the busy store

6779122629_dcd428d414.jpg

A customary view of the broken up floors

CREDIT: I saw the mosaic design on Flickr but couldn't find it again. The comic rack is adapted from the design buy KcIR for his record store.

Great set of modulars 'AT'! I really like the butcher/barber shop in and out. The Sport shop/arcade looks great as wel. They are both wonderfully detailed throughout. Great job on these makes me want to build my own modular default_classic.gif

Nice! While I'm not too keen on the exterior designs, your interiors are top notch, all of them. The idea of a comic store with the new Superman figure is great, and I really like your arcade.

I think maybe I'd move the crane game outside so it sits next to a wall instead of where it is now, so the people playing won't have to stand in the street or occupy so much space on the sidewalk. Although there isn't really any available wall space :)

And your funny comments are worth mentioning. Humor is always appreciated!

The interiors of these are fantastic. I love the arcade and comic book store, the x wing is a really nice touch, and as a Tarantino fan I like Marcellus Wallace's suitcase! :thumbup:

The interiors of these are fantastic. I love the arcade and comic book store, the x wing is a really nice touch, and as a Tarantino fan I like Marcellus Wallace's suitcase!

Well, I'll say it.....AWESOME 'Awesome Taylor', action a plenty and mega detailing ! :grin:

I really like the comic book store the most, though the butchers shop is not bad either ! :wink:

Brick On 'Awesome Taylor' ! :grin:

Awesome modulars here, I LOVE the colours and details of both buildings, in particular the exterior of the butchers. The SNOT tiling with the 1x1 cheeses is ingenious!

The interior of the skate shop is great too! :thumbup:

Nice modulars! The interiors to both are great - I don't think I have ever seen so many functions successfully crammed into 16 wides before. The interior of the comic book store is my personal favorite. For the exteriors, I'm mixed. The butcher is very nicely detailed, and the overall look it great. The skate shop comes off as a bit awkward in comparison. I can't really put my finger on it, but I think it is something about the wall to window ratio that just doesn't quite do it for me.

Oh, and I am betting you saw the mosaic in eilonwy77's photostream on flickr - she is the undisputed master of the cheese slope.

This is so beautiful!

I am loving the mosaic and comics in the comic store are wonderful!

This is going to my favorites. :wub::blush:

Thank you so much!!

Great job!

The butcher is my favorite "outside" building, but the Skate shop's interior rock!

Yes, I planned to make the butchers a litle plainer outside, but I think the steeped roof makes it stand out a little more!

Great set of modulars 'AT'! I really like the butcher/barber shop in and out. The Sport shop/arcade looks great as wel. They are both wonderfully detailed throughout. Great job on these makes me want to build my own modular default_classic.gif

Thank you! I really tried to work on the interiors more this time!

Nice! While I'm not too keen on the exterior designs, your interiors are top notch, all of them. The idea of a comic store with the new Superman figure is great, and I really like your arcade.

I think maybe I'd move the crane game outside so it sits next to a wall instead of where it is now, so the people playing won't have to stand in the street or occupy so much space on the sidewalk. Although there isn't really any available wall space :)

And your funny comments are worth mentioning. Humor is always appreciated!

I considered putting it at the top of the stairs in the arcade - I changed my original design for the crane game from 4x4 to 4x3, and I think I could change it again to 4x2 fairly easily. I just felt that the sidewalk was a little bland compared to the butcher!

The interiors of these are fantastic. I love the arcade and comic book store, the x wing is a really nice touch, and as a Tarantino fan I like Marcellus Wallace's suitcase! :thumbup:

The interiors of these are fantastic. I love the arcade and comic book store, the x wing is a really nice touch, and as a Tarantino fan I like Marcellus Wallace's suitcase!

The x-wing was interpreted by looking at the advent calendar :D I almost went with a smaller spaceship for space reasons, but none stood out as well as that one.

Well, I'll say it.....AWESOME 'Awesome Taylor', action a plenty and mega detailing ! :grin:

I really like the comic book store the most, though the butchers shop is not bad either ! :wink:

Brick On 'Awesome Taylor' ! :grin:

Thanks! The comic store was fun just to go through my odd little pieces and see what I could use on the shelves and display!

Love the comic book store. The racks with the books are spot on and great use of Superman and Star Wars elements.

Thanks! I was happy to find a use for Superman. I'm not a huge fan but he looked perfect in this setting! I tried using Batman but there is something about the bright red and blue that blends with the nougat and white :D

Very nice! I too like the comic book shop!

I appreciate it!

Fantastic buildings, many great minifigures there :classic: . Store with comics, storm trooper helmet and small goblins figs look really nice.

Thank you! Again, coming up with display pieces was a lot of fun!

Awesome modulars here, I LOVE the colours and details of both buildings, in particular the exterior of the butchers. The SNOT tiling with the 1x1 cheeses is ingenious!

The interior of the skate shop is great too! :thumbup:

Thank you! When I first saw the nougat colour I just KNEW I had to use it for a building!

Nice modulars! The interiors to both are great - I don't think I have ever seen so many functions successfully crammed into 16 wides before. The interior of the comic book store is my personal favorite. For the exteriors, I'm mixed. The butcher is very nicely detailed, and the overall look it great. The skate shop comes off as a bit awkward in comparison. I can't really put my finger on it, but I think it is something about the wall to window ratio that just doesn't quite do it for me.

Oh, and I am betting you saw the mosaic in eilonwy77's photostream on flickr - she is the undisputed master of the cheese slope.

That's exactly where I saw it! Mine isn't as neat, but was a lot of fun to try and make!

The exteriors were touch, especially so on the Skate Shop.I have a large blank space caused by the arcade. I was considering making a design on the front, and still may, but have no small plates in the wall colour and didn't feel like putting a lot of colour on the front. I will play around with a few ideas though and post here if I find one that works :)

These mocs are looking good! The exterior of the butcher has a nice color combination, along with some nice details, as the cheese-slope paving.

But what I really like are the interiors of both buildings. It's packed with details and good looking bricks!

I recognized the comic racks ( :wink: ), but you made them even better by placing the brown parts in the middle to create two sides.