Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

My Red Plague

thindexedgif.gif 50c

Hi everyone. Merry Christmas.

I'm sorry i did not have time to resize the pictures, but i thought that this should be your christmaspresent from me.

EDIT:

Now i have had time to resize my pictures, so here you all go. And thanks very much to Mister Phes great tutorail.

red-plague1.jpg

Overview of the ship

red-plague5.jpg

The stern with a small cannon to the back

red-plague7.jpg

The cannon to the back

red-plague14.jpg

The Captains cabin

I've just deleted the old pictures and replaced them with the new resized ones.

The Red Plague

But the time he does that it'll probably be moderated, although that goes out the window if he uploads something new.

So Mr Tiber has quite a good suggestion there!

The folder is public now, and I like the lovely little ship you made!

The colorscheme, the cabin interior and the barrel-made mast are great, keep up the good work *sweet*

The "Red Plague" is a great rendition of (what I'm assuming is) a pirate sloop. I like the use of the barrels as a substitute for the mast quite a bit. In fact this type of mast has been popping up in quite a few ship MOCs lately. I'll have to try it out. From afar the sails stand out a little too much. They could use a bit of pizazz. Interesting piece usage to hold the back flag up. This is a nice ship/present oDDerFisken!

Nice ship. The colours look pretty well, but I'm not sure how sturdy the barrel mast is... To Berry Syedow: I think it is a sloop, It could be cutter, but it looks more like a sloop to me.(that was all for Berry Syedow) I think the mast is a bit to short, a bit taller mast and a smaller sail could make it look a lot better. The mizzen sail looks a bit strange to me, maybe it would look better if you had it like on this ship:

Mutin-cutter.jpg

I agree with Mr Syedow, the way the flag at the back is attached is interesting, I might consider using it for future small ships...

The cannon on the stern is also a nice adition.

Cool ship mate! *y*

I like all the decretive stuff on the sides of the hull, gives it a very refined design. The interior looks well thought out and has some nice details too. Like MISTER Tiber I think the stern cannon is cool addition. Good work. *y*

Very nice little ship Mr. oDDerFisken.

Red seem to be popular color these days in MOC ships :)

Looking good, I especially like the captains cabin.

Thanks very much everyone. I'm glad you all seems to like the ship.

To Mr Tiber: actually this mast is very sturdy. 'Caus i've fastened the ladders to then rail.

I think you'r right that the mast a bit to small, but as mentioned before; i do not have got so many bricks to work with ( :'-( ) So if i made the mast taller i could not fasten the ladders.

I'm working on a even bigger ship (also red and black.. so far), so i will try to fit in some of your improvements.

I'm working on a even bigger ship (also red and black.. so far), so i will try to fit in some of your improvements.

Could you tell what type it would be? In case you don't know, just tell how many masts, and what shape the sails have ;-)

There is nothing wrong with red and black. I'm also building a ship in these colors :-D

Could you tell what type it would be? In case you don't know, just tell how many masts, and what shape the sails have ;-)

Ehm.. i think it's gonna have 2 masts. And i dont know about the shapes of the sails yet. But i think it will be something like the big sail on The Red Plauge.

Looking forward to know what ship i'm building ;-)

There is nothing wrong with red and black. I'm also building a ship in these colors :-D

I know. I think it's some nice colours for pirate-ships. It was just for information :-$

Why did you call this ship "My Red Plauge" Mr oDDerFisken? That name doesn't sound too healthy for those on board.

Ehm.. I think it's gonna have 2 masts. And I dont know about the shapes of the sails yet. But I think it will be something like the big sail on The Red Plauge.

Looking forward to know what ship i'm building ;-)

Let's see... The possibilities are: a schooner, a brig or a brigantine (a yawl or ketch is also possible but I don't think you're gonna build one of them). If you want more information about this, check out this wikipedia article.

Why did you call this ship "My Red Plauge" Mr oDDerFisken? That name doesn't sound too healthy for those on board.

The people on board are the plague. So naturally they are immune to their own destructive powers.

Ah, I'm having another debate about ship naming with Phes.

Ehmm.. the name just sort fo came to me. It is a black, grey and red ship, and i thought since it's a pirateship it must be kind of a plauge to others. And then The Red Plauge. Just thought it was a nice name and that it sounded cool :-D

Ehmm.. the name just sort fo came to me. It is a black, grey and red ship, and i thought since it's a pirateship it must be kind of a plauge to others. And then The Red Plauge. Just thought it was a nice name and that it sounded cool :-D
I see...but I believe it should be Plague, and not Plauge...

Let's see... The possibilities are: a schooner, a brig or a brigantine (a yawl or ketch is also possible but I don't think you're gonna build one of them). If you want more information about this, check out this wikipedia article.

Uhh.. that is very nice article. Indeed. I didn' t knew all that much about different boats and sails. Actually i didn't knew anything at all. Thats maybe why it's difficult to say what The Red Plague is. So far i have just build a ship and put some sails on it. Taken things as they came. So on the next ship i will try to put sails on it so it fits with one of the examples from the article.

I see that you are all experts in different shiptypes and sails. Impressive

I see...but I believe it should be Plague, and not Plauge...

Mr Tiber you're on fire these days! You're absolutely right, "plague" is the correct spelling. Not even I picked up on that.

Mr Tiber you're on fire these days! You're absolutely right, "plague" is the correct spelling. Not even I picked up on that.

I'm very sorry for the misspelling but i have corrected it most places now i think. Ofcourse it's Plague and not plauge..:-$

I from Denmark, so english is not my native language and thats why i make misspellings some times.. and some of my sentences are maybe a bit strange too.

I know. I think it's some nice colours for pirate-ships. It was just for information :-$

It seems French ship oftenly have this colour scheme as well!

I'm very sorry for the misspelling but i have corrected it most places now i think. Ofcourse it's Plague and not plauge.. :-$

I from Denmark, so english is not my native language and thats why i make misspellings some times.. and some of my sentences are maybe a bit strange too.

Now we only need an admin or moderator to change the topic name...