Sign in to follow this  
Darth Nihilus

Future LotR and Hobbit sets

Not according to this article

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings

Brickipedia isn't official - far from it, even.

That list is completely based on rumours, nothing more. Besides, it was Merry who took the carrots with him in FOTR,

and Pippin should be in Moria since he made the skeleton fall down the well. Else they wouldn't include it, eh?... So we'll be getting all 4 Hobbits in the first wave.

If you don't believe me, then that's fine, but wait 'n see until February, when I'll be one of those who will say 'I told you so'. :tongue:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Brickipedia isn't official - far from it, even.

That list is completely based on rumours, nothing more. Besides, it was Merry who took the carrots with him in FOTR,

and Pippin should be in Moria since he made the skeleton fall down the well. Else they wouldn't include it, eh?... So we'll be getting all 4 Hobbits in the first wave.

If you don't believe me, then that's fine, but wait 'n see until February, when I'll be one of those who will say 'I told you so'. :tongue:

~ General Magma

I hope you are right otherwise we won't have every character in the fellowship until the 2nd wave.

I hope you are right otherwise we won't have every character in the fellowship until the 2nd wave.

From what we see in the preliminary pictures he is 100% right

hobbits.png

From Left ro right: Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Sam

Here you can compare:

Image_3_-_Hobbits.jpg

Sam, Merry, Frodo, Pippin

Edited by deskp

I would love to see a mold for the Warg, like TLC did for SW with the Tauntaun.

This set would be very suitable:

Edoras and the Golden Hall

simular to "city of atlantis" set

Golden Hall (same size as the ruins of the Atlantis set)

Some scenery of Edoras landscape

Figs: Théoden, Éowyn, Aragorn, Sharku and a warg rider

Molds: Horse and a warg :cry_happy:

€ 69,99 approx 700 pieces

I would love to see a mold for the Warg, like TLC did for SW with the Tauntaun.

A warg mould would be great, If lego makes sets for the hobbit part 2 then wargs should be essential as they feature in a pretty important part (in the book)

I think a set about Faramir and his "Forestmen" :classic: would be great.

It could include the hideout behind the waterfall, faramir, two or three of his men and maybe gollum trying to catch a fish in the lake...

I think a set about Faramir and his "Forestmen" :classic: would be great.

It could include the hideout behind the waterfall, faramir, two or three of his men and maybe gollum trying to catch a fish in the lake...

And also a faramirs ambush set which contains an oliphant, easterlings, faramir and a few of his forestmen and also a few trees.

And also a faramirs ambush set which contains an oliphant, easterlings, faramir and a few of his forestmen and also a few trees.

I wonder whether TLG will make a set where the good guys deviously ambush the other guys and slaughter them with arrows from a safe distance? :devil:

Since we have now got a good idea of what a standard wave should look like for this new theme, I have come up with some ideas for a second wave.

The Golden Hall Exclusive:

Minifigs: Theoden King with reversible head so he can look possessed and old, Eowyn in white dress, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Grima Wormtounge, Gandalf the White, Eomer, two Royal Rohan Guards.

Components: The Golden Hall, with interior details such as Theoden's throne, tapestries showing Rohan colors and symbols (horses) and some tables and chairs with food. Shadowfax, Brego, Asfalof, Snowmane.

Cost: $120-40

The Siege of Minas Tirith:

Minifigs: Gandalf the White, Pippin in Gondorian garb, two Gondor soldiers, Gothmog, Four orcs, a troll.

Components: the gates of Minas Tirith, curved walls attached to the gate, Mordor siege tower, Shadowfax.

Cost: $130

The Walls of the White City:

Minifigs: Gondorian soldiers x4, orcs x6

Components: wall section of the White City, attachable to the other Minas Tirith set, Mordor Catapult.

Cost: $80

Amon Hen:

Minifigs: Aragorn, Lurtz, Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Uruk-hai scout x2

Components: Seeing Seat staircase thing, a brick built tree.

Cost: $50

The Gates of Moria:

Minifigs: Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas.

Components: The gates, some rocks, big molded/brick built watcher in the water.

Cost: $35-40

Encounter with the Witch-King:

Minifigs: Theoden King, Eowyn in armour, Merry in armour, Witch-King.

Components: Snowmane with printed barding, fell beast made of new molds/brick built,

some grass or a rock.

Cost: $25-30

Gondor/Mordor Battle Pack:

Minifigs: Gondor soldier, Gondor Tower Guard, Orc, Mordor Uruk-hai.

Components: small version of a Gondor trebuchet, assorted weapons for both sides.

Cost: $16

I've tried to make this list a bit more focussed on ROTK, so please share your thoughts and ideas.

P.S. I've based the prices on what Canadian prices would be, just so you know.

Edited by Fives

Overall I like your list a lot. All your sets are based on castles/battles though. The only thing I would change would be to add a more forest oriented set or two. Other than that I hope these are exactly what LEGO makes :classic: One cool thing I noticed was that most LOTR sets include more main characters over general soldiers. This is good for unique pieces but bad for army building. Hopefully more battle pack type sets like the uruk hai army one emerge in the future!

Overall I like your list a lot. All your sets are based on castles/battles though. The only thing I would change would be to add a more forest oriented set or two. Other than that I hope these are exactly what LEGO makes :classic: One cool thing I noticed was that most LOTR sets include more main characters over general soldiers. This is good for unique pieces but bad for army building. Hopefully more battle pack type sets like the uruk hai army one emerge in the future!

I was trying to really focus on the Siege of Minas Tirith and the Battle of Pelennor Fields. I'm Planning on making a third list that will have some more stuff like Rivendell (a big exclusive set) and Lothlorien, and maybe some sort of Black Gate set, or Orthanc.

How about a UCS Shire? :wub:

Well, I've started making a new list, but I'm having so many ideas for large sets that I can't put them all in one wave, so I might just start making ideas for a bunch of really big (not too big) sets. I'm almost done my next list, and I'm excited to see what people think.

Sorry about the double-post, but here is my second list of ideas for a third wave:

Rivendell Exclusive:

Minifigs: Frodo with reversible sick/wounded face, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gandalf the Grey, Elrond, Arwen, Bilbo with reversible head so he can have his little Gollum moment, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, maybe two Nazgul on horses.

Components: The Last Homely House, with a bedroom where Frodo can rest, Elrond’s study where he and Gandalf talk about the fate of Middle-Earth, and the room with the statue holding the shards of Narsil. Also, there could be the place where the council is held, and the blacksmiths where Narsil is reforged. And two Nazgul horses, one rearing and one not.

Cost: $200-250

The Flooding of Isengard:

Minifigs: Saruman, Grima, Merry, Pippin, four orcs, two Uruk-hai.

Components: Tower of Orthanc, a small wooden tower where the orcs work, a big molded/brickbuilt Treebeard.

Cost: $135

Attack at Osgiliath:

Minifigs: Faramir, Madril, two rangers, four orcs, one Mordor Uruk-hai.

Components: The shore with some ruins where the orc boats come up to the city, an orc boat.

Cost: $85

The Bridge of Khazad-Dum:

Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey, Frodo, Boromir, Gimli, two goblins with bows.

Components: The bridge with a collapsing function, a big molded/brickbuilt Balrog.

Cost: $55

The Paths of the Dead:

Minifigs: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, King of the Dead, two Dead soldiers (I’m kinda unsure how this could be possible, maybe just sand green figs with white printing)

Components: The door into the Paths, some sort of cave section, I don’t know, this one is tricky.

Cost: $35-40

The Mirror of Galadriel:

Minifigs: Frodo, Sam, Galadriel.

Components: The Mirror, the fountain in which the water is held, a tree with golden leaves.

Cost: $25-30

Ranger/Haradrim Battle Pack:

Minifigs: two Ranger, one with hood, one without, a Haradrim, an Easterling.

Components: A tree where the rangers can hide, and a rock where the baddies can hide behind.

Elven/Uruk-Hai Battle Pack:

Minifigs: two Elven warriors from Helm’s Deep, an Uruk-hai swordman, a Uruk-hai berserker.

Components: a smaller version of the Uruk-hai ballista.

Buckleberry Ferry - $10

Frodo, Merry, Ringwraith, rearing horse, brickbuilt raft.

Short, sweet, and I'd buy it. :laugh:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

How about a set based on Nazgûl mounted on fell beast over the ruins of Minas Tirith, the figs included could be Nazgûl, Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Faramir and 2 of his men

How about a set based on Nazgûl mounted on fell beast over the ruins of Minas Tirith, the figs included could be Nazgûl, Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Faramir and 2 of his men

Or a Tower set (I can't remember the name of the tower) with Gandalf, Saruman the White, and an eagle to carry Gandalf away? That would be great! :sweet:

I still hope that we will see in next time Army Building Sets without characters like Eomer.

TLG shall to classify:

-Character Sets, these sets includes main characters and to plot a particular location.

-Army Building Sets, alike Battle Packs, without main characters. Sets like these you can buy a couple of times.

Who needs 10x Eomers? :laugh:

Sets like this are for TLG just own goals. Best example is the "Pirates of the Caribbean Battle Pack" with Captain Jack Sparrow. Who buys this set a couple of times? :rofl:

I still hope that we will see in next time Army Building Sets without characters like Eomer.

TLG shall to classify:

-Character Sets, these sets includes main characters and to plot a particular location.

-Army Building Sets, alike Battle Packs, without main characters. Sets like these you can buy a couple of times.

Sets like this are for TLG just own goals. Best example is the "Pirates of the Caribbean Battle Pack" with Captain Jack Sparrow. Who buys this set a couple of times? :rofl:

It might not be Eomer.

The four Princes of Persia staring at me from the other side of my desk tell me that they probably won't care too much if we wind up with extra main characters...

TLG shall to classify:

So you keep saying, but actually it isn't a big deal. No matter what figure it is, you will end up having it ten times if you buy Uruk-hai Army that often. It's not like Eomer looks different from a generic Rohan rider, and if you switch a few heads and torsos with the Rohan foot soldiers (and hopefully, with the figures of battlepacks in future waves), nobody will notice.

So you keep saying, but actually it isn't a big deal. No matter what figure it is, you will end up having it ten times if you buy Uruk-hai Army that often. It's not like Eomer looks different from a generic Rohan rider, and if you switch a few heads and torsos with the Rohan foot soldiers (and hopefully, with the figures of battlepacks in future waves), nobody will notice.

Eomer has a very uniqe torso aswell as helmet. I'd say he looks nothing like a generic rohirrim.

Eomer has a very uniqe torso aswell as helmet. I'd say he looks nothing like a generic rohirrim.

Even if he looks nothing like a generic rohirrim, you could create your own elite faction then. Either this will have a great army building aspect and people will use that soldier for that faction, or there will be multiples of a "unique" soldier and they will be plentiful on Bricklink. Either way, someone wins. They either have a huge army, or a cheap way to get that exclusive figure.

Okay, I've been on a bit of a role today, and I came up with a few more sets, some of them are bigger and more expensive, and possibly less realistic, but hey, this is an ideas thread after all! Here they are:

The Shire Exclusive:

Minifigs: Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Gandalf, Rosie Cotton, The Sackville Bagginses.

Components: Bag End, with interior details such as Bilbo's study and the kitchen, and the main foyer. The big party tree, decorated with lights and lanterns, a big barrel for Bilbo to give his speech on, Gandalf's fireworks tent, a big cake.

Cost: $120

War Mumak:

Minifigs: Mumak driver, two Haradrim archers, two Easterling warriors, Eomer, two Rohirrim riders.

Components: big molded oliphaunt ( double the size of the old elephant piece), the big tower thing on the munak's back, which would be most of the build, one grey horse, two dark tan horses.

Cost: $95

The Tower of Cirith Ungol:

Minifigs: Sam, Frodo (wounded), Gorbag, Shagrat, two Mordor Uruks.

Components: gate area with the watching bird things, the tower itself with a staircase going up to the room where Frodo is held.

Cost: $95

Minas Morgul:

Minifigs: Frodo, Sam, Gollum, The Witch-King on fell beast, four Mordor orcs and an Olog-hai.

Components: the bridge that comes out from the gate of the fortress, the gate with some of the wall, the tower behind the wall. This would be a great set to utilize glow in the dark pieces.

Cost: $115

Midi-scale Barad-Dur:

Minifigs: Sauron

Components: the tower of Barad-Dur done midi scale.

Cost: $35

The Black Gate:

Minifigs: Aragorn (in his kingly garb), Gandalf the White, the Mouth of Sauron (his face could be tan with nothing but the mouth, and the his helmet covers the rest), two orcs, two Mordor Uruk-hai, an Olog-hai, Legolas.

Components: the gate. It would need to be pretty big and cool looking, but there really isn't much else in this scene. Also, Brego, Shadofax, and the Mouth's horse.

Cost: $150

Entmoot:

Minifigs: Merry and Pippin.

Components: Treebeard, two other ents, the big Entmoot rock

Cost: $80

Please give your thoughts!

The sets i want to see the most are:

3. Barad-dur

Saurons great tower would be a very large set with many pieces. I would like to see the set come with the tower itself with a long bridge at the bottom so orcs can march across. Of course the eye of Sauron would be at the top hopefully with turnable bricks so we can adjust which direction the eye is watching.

Figures included: 6 Mordor orcs.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my ideas.

A Barad-dur tower inclusive the Red Eye would be more as just epic. :wub_drool:

...but I believe the set would get some size problems:

baraddur_470x344.jpg

LEGO could produces this set alike the Death Star (monster huge) or could....

Midi-scale Barad-Dur:

Minifigs: Sauron

Components: the tower of Barad-Dur done midi scale.

Cost: $35

Please give your thoughts!

...that would also be a option. But I hope the tower will be a bit bigger. :classic:

Edited by Elander