I picked up my favorite set of the line (the jeep and raptor set), and I am quite happy with it. Really nice construction and it feels like a good, complete set. If I wasn't saving my money for LotR and Monster Hunters later this year, I would buy more.

I had my eye on these sets, but was waiting for a more widespread release beyond TRU. Now that I see them in Target, I am distracted by various clearance sets and the DC theme. Now it's Series 6 CMF and soon the new Star Wars will see a release here in the US.

I'm afraid that I may never get to this theme until much later in the year if at all.

I had my eye on these sets, but was waiting for a more widespread release beyond TRU. Now that I see them in Target, I am distracted by various clearance sets and the DC theme. Now it's Series 6 CMF and soon the new Star Wars will see a release here in the US.

I'm afraid that I may never get to this theme until much later in the year if at all.

I've had more fun with the DINOS then with just about anything else I picked up in 2011 (except maybe my trains!).

5888 Ocean Interceptor is in TRU in the UK, Argos don't have it, John Lewis don't stock Dino yet so it looks like that it may be exclusive to TRU here.

Great set, 2 sets to go to complete the line up but I'll wait and see if money drops off the tower takedown and the chopper.....

Edited by surrideo

The DINOS are definitely worth picking up. I have all but the sea plane exclusive (haven't been able to hunt it down) and multiples of the HQ and Tower Takedown. Working on a singular, massive structure.

The Pick-a-Brick at Legoland theme park in Carlsbad, CA this weekend had mad yellow pieces and tiles, so I'm looking forward to expanding on this design.

I hope you plan on posting some pictures of your MOD! :grin: I'd certainly like to see it.

5888 Ocean Interceptor is in TRU in the UK, Argos don't have it, John Lewis don't stock Dino yet so it looks like that it may be exclusive to TRU here.

Great set, 2 sets to go to complete the line up but I'll wait and see if money drops off the tower takedown and the chopper.....

The chopper is probably my favorite set, I love the final product. It may get knocked out of first by the plane, but as I don't have it yet...I would definitely pick up the chopper sooner than later.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Now that this theme is out, I have to say that I really like it. :thumbup:

Usually, I'm a historical themes guy, but that's starting to lose it's appeal to me. That leaves a gap that I think Dino could fill. I really like the sets (except the HQ :thumbdown:), and I may end up buying all of them.

As much as I hope this theme has a second wave, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't, as it would let me pick up more of the sets in the clearance sale, and give me more time and money to expand it on my own.

Like I said, I don't like the HQ, so I might have a go at building my own. A bigger, more stronghold-y type thing. Heck, I might even end up making a whole Terra Nova-style colony! OK, maybe that's a bit too ambitious. :look:

Anyway, I'll start my collection with the T-Rex Hunter, and see where it goes from there...

Also, does anyone who owns the Ocean Interceptor, Tower Takedown or T-Rex Hunter think they could do a review of them, please? I seen people commenting on them, but they're the only sets we haven't got reviews on. I would greatly appreciate it. :classic:

I find the Dino HQ not secure enough.

That and tower Takedown should be combined with some added security and some Machine guns. :devil:

I find the Dino HQ not secure enough.

That and tower Takedown should be combined with some added security and some Machine guns. :devil:

Agreed. Except maybe the machine guns. :look:

...and some Machine guns. :devil:

Perhaps just a fully automatic tranquilizer gun... :laugh:

Second wave...

Enter the HUNTERS!

So far the lego site has confinually called these guys the "Hero" minifigures, well perhaps this is hinting at there being another class. I propose Hunters.

Big game hunters after the massive trophies the new dinos could provide. Lego could recycle the gun (putting a teloscope in place of the syringe) and the hunt vehicles could have a different main colour to separate them.

Dino Lab - biggest set in wave to, part of the hero line that can be combined with the Defence HQ, 2x Gallimius (same size as PoP ostrich) and new coloured Raptor?

Hunter command truck - massive truck/capture vehicle, similar to the power miners massive base vehicle, Carnotaur (mid sized dino, dark brown)

Hunter hovercraft - small set, Parasaur (using raptor body with new head and leg molds) and some swamp scenery

Origins Box - a set explaining how the Dino's got to our time, aswell as both hunters and heroes mini vehicles and a big dino, Triceratops or T-rex

Campsite Chaos - mid sized set, tent, campfire, food and forest. 3x Troodon/Compys (one piece hard rubber, size of minifig chickens)

Do the lego shop in Milton Keynne have 5888 in stock or only TRU? I am about to buy all the sets as I quite like it. :cry_happy:

Daneil.

Do the lego shop in Milton Keynne have 5888 in stock or only TRU? I am about to buy all the sets as I quite like it. :cry_happy:

Daneil.

Lego sell it from the website and I saw it in Bluewater earlier in the week. So if the Milton Keynes store is a decent size(never been) Im sure they will have it.

The net feature(when packed right) is a neat little feature on the plane. Raptor chase may actually be my favourite set though as the vehicles in the HQ are really dire( my opinion only)

I doubt there will be a second wave, if only because LEGO doesn't seem to keep new themes around for very long these days, but if there is I'd like to see some water-based vehicles. Something like a dinosaur prison transport ship, like an aircraft carrier but with cages full of dinos. Or perhaps a submarine.

I for one, would absolutely love to see DINO go beyond one wave, if not have it be a continuous theme, not does it have great pieces and dinosaurs, but the builds are quite fun as well! I personally plan on getting all of the sets (if possible), mainly since I am a big Dino/Jurassic Park fan, but also for the great figures!

Since everyone is posting their ideas for sets, I decided to post some of my own:

Mosasaur vs. Submarine

- 3 minifigs (the blonde guy from Ocean Interceptor, the woman and Jake Raines-look alike from Dino Defense HQ)

- New mosasaur mold (dark blue stripes)

- Submarine with cockpit, missile launcher, shark cage, and lauch bay for mini-sub

Price: $59.99

Gallimimus Chase

- 2 minifigs (the young dude and the tan fedora guy)

- 3 Gallimimus (color similar to ones from JP, body similar to raptor, but thinner, and smaller legs, new head, recolored raptor arms)

- Big cage, some jungle foliage (some bushes and trees), and 2 brick-built motorcycles

Price: $39.99

Dino Lab

- 5 minifigs (new woman hero, young dude, JR-look alike, blonde guy)

- Carnotaur (new head and arms mold with T-Rex body and legs), Brachiosaurus (new molds all around), Ankylosaurus (new molds all around), 3 eggs (new molds), baby Raptor (new mold), Troodon (modified Coelophysis)

- Pair of cages, breeding facility with incubators and feeding system, labratory with computers, chemistry lab, kitchen, bedroom, vehicle garage, 2 jeeps, 1 helicopter, gun rack, lookout towers, foliages, some jungle trees, rocks.

- Price: $129.99

Parasaur Parasail Chase

- 3 miniifigs (young dude, new woman hero, blonde guy)

- 2 Parasaurolophus :wub_drool: (new molds all around)

- Parasail (pair of tranquilizer guns, controls, net launcher), brick-built motorcycle, jungle foliage, security fence with lookout tower and tranquilizer cannon.

- Price: $69.99

Dilophosaurus Attack

- 1 minifig (JR look-alike)

- 1 Dilophosaurus (either JP version of accurate version)

- jungle foliage, brick-built motorcycle

- Price: $11.99

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

I so hope they do carnartasaurus. I would eat my own feet!

I am now taking donations to pay LEGO all the costs for molds, designing, packaging and marketing just so I can see someone eat his own feet. :devil:

I hope that Lego Dino won't end as soon as Alien Conquest. I think that we will have new Dino series in 2014. Acording to the spoilers on BZP there will be new desing of figs and it will give new possibilites for designers.

Edited by MakutaNocturn

I hope that Lego Dino won't end as soon as Alien Conquest. I think that we will have new Dino series in 2014. Acording to the spoilers on BZP there will be new desing of figs and it will give new possibilites for designers.

You realize "new fig designs" are what happen every year for pretty much every theme? the BZP news article was probably something from the Q&A at Brickfair Alabama, and Jim Foulds's answer to the question was almost certainly a joke, seeing as the things he revealed are things that would apply to pretty much any year of LEGO (at least, any year since minifigures were first introduced). He might as well have just said "there will be sets in 2014" and we'd have known all three of the facts he provided about the 2014 wave of sets just by inference. BZPower continued the joke by posting it as a news article. :laugh:

If LEGO Dino sets continue, it will be either in 2012 or 2013, but until there have been 2013 sets released then even LEGO probably won't know for sure whether it will last into 2014.

Second wave...

Enter the HUNTERS!

So far the lego site has confinually called these guys the "Hero" minifigures, well perhaps this is hinting at there being another class. I propose Hunters.

Big game hunters after the massive trophies the new dinos could provide. Lego could recycle the gun (putting a teloscope in place of the syringe) and the hunt vehicles could have a different main colour to separate them.

Dino Lab - biggest set in wave to, part of the hero line that can be combined with the Defence HQ, 2x Gallimius (same size as PoP ostrich) and new coloured Raptor?

Hunter command truck - massive truck/capture vehicle, similar to the power miners massive base vehicle, Carnotaur (mid sized dino, dark brown)

Hunter hovercraft - small set, Parasaur (using raptor body with new head and leg molds) and some swamp scenery

Origins Box - a set explaining how the Dino's got to our time, aswell as both hunters and heroes mini vehicles and a big dino, Triceratops or T-rex

Campsite Chaos - mid sized set, tent, campfire, food and forest. 3x Troodon/Compys (one piece hard rubber, size of minifig chickens)

That's an awesome idea.

On the minifig thing, I would love to see minifigs that have legs which would bend as if they had knees, so that i could get them to kneel. My Darth Vader would look amazing kneeling before his master.

These sets are freaking awesome. Anyone wanna trade my Dino Attack crud for some of these? It's hard for me to get to the lego shoppe now (JK I'm just hella lazy, and I don't want my Dino Attack crud anymore since they suck so much)