Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

I haven't Read it yet, But I did Get Geoff John's FlashPoint Story Arc, Batman The Black Mirror By Scott Snyder, Battle for The Cowl Companion and Bought a Copy of Batman Cacophony.

Well, I am buying Huntress, Tiny Titans and Youg Justice from DC, Warehouse 13 and the Project Superpowers spinoffs from Dynamite. The reboot really smooshed my comics buying. Still hanging on for JSA on Earth 2.

Sigh, Johns, Morrison... Your work got me into comics and now your meddling has made me fed up of comics. :sad:

Yes, I fully expect The Walking Dead to be great. I don't want to overpass the TV series though, so it'll take me a good long time to read all of it. :tongue:

You don't need to worry about the two revealing secrets. The comic and the show are going different trajectories. People who died in the comic lived in the show, and the show goes different places (ie. the CDC in the season one finale never appeared in the comic). I read the first omnibus a while back, and it was a fun read. I'm up to about issue 90 now :sweet:

I've been reading the last year of X-Force this week, as well as some other 2000's X-Men trades I picked up two or three years back. I started reading the X-Men when I was 10, and it seems I'll always feel at home reading them. The pacing of all of them is certainly a lot more Hollywood than they used to be, but that's how superhero comics are written these days. I don't know where you can escape it. Anyway, Uncanny X-Force is fairly solid, and the three issue return to the Age of Apocalypse was quite fun, since that storyline was the last one I read while still being able to get excited over the book in my youth, though they've had good storylines since.

I also picked up Habibi yesterday, purely based on fawning reviews, mainly outside of the comics world. I loved loved loved the last book by the writer/artist, Craig Thomson, so I figured I wouldn't be years late in trying this one out. I haven't read it, but just flipping through this heavy, dense book is intimidating. It's beautifully crafted, and it's long (I guess 500 pages), but I'm looking forward to getting into it. This guy has the career I wish I had when I was in uni, and the tragedy is he's my age! I try not to let jealousy color my opinion of his work. He's really talented :sweet:

xkcd. :tongue:

I went to look up something on Wikipedia, to find it blacked out in order to spread awareness/in protest of SOPA/PIPA. I immediately thought of this XKCD comic. :tongue:

Earth 2 is coming out! Yay yay yay! I am looking to get some issues of the Brave & the Bold spinoff comic and maybe a few others out at the moment.

I read

The Walking Dead (own #7-current)

Invincible (own #5-current)

any of the other smaller works involving Robert Kirkman, most of them bleed into Invincible like

BRIT, The Astounding Wolf Man, Atom Eve etc

Savage Dragon

CHEW

anything Star Wars

Oh my! A comic book thread! How could I miss this?

Since I read a lot of comic books lets keep it to the current series I read:

Twin Spica

I am also waiting for the next volume of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service

All time favorites are: Watchman, Sandman (and its spinoff series like The Dreaming) but also European comics like TinTin, Asterix, Spirou, Valerian & Laureline etc.

Not a big fan of Marvel and/or DC though ....

My absolute favourite would have to be any and every comic about Batman. He's my favourite comic book character easily! (Actually, Nightwing's my favourite. Batman is second.) I just read Batman: Gotham Knights #1 and Batman: Arkham Unhinged #17 and #18.

As for comedy, Dilbert!

Edited by purpleparadox

Me? I started out on Irregular Webcomic!, then added Brickworld Saga (recently re-named Brick Earth Saga and resumed from hiatus), Reasonably Clever a.k.a. Brick House, and Darths & Droids. More recently, I started reading Planescape Survival Guide and brick comic Harry Potter Comics (both by the same guy) and Order of the Stick. Adn of course, like pretty much every Darths & Droids fan, I've read through DM of the Rings.

Oh hey, I have a reason to return to this thread! So I moved to a town that has a comic book store, so I should be posting here a lot more often now. :laugh:

I recently bought 'Lost At Sea', simply because it was Bryan Lee O'Malley's first original work, before Scott Pilgrim. It sat on my dresser for a week or so until I finally got to reading it last night. I really enjoyed it, it was a neat little story. Very much different in tone to Scott Pilgrim, but that same style of artwork that I love. Good stuff. :sweet: Still very much looking forward to his next work, 'Seconds'.

I'm also rather looking forward to Lucky Penny. It's a comic by the guys who do Johnny Wander, a favourite web-comic of mine. The comic looks to have the same humour as the Johnny Wander comics, except this is a proper story instead of one page autobiographical comics. :grin: They've been showing previews of it on their JW website, if anyone's interested.

Not too much into comics in general, but I do adore Asterix & Obelix and Garfield. I've currently tracked down all hardback omnibus editions of Asterix & Obelix, and I'm only looking for that elusive "Asterix For Ever!" book... which I'll surely find soon enough. As to Garfield - suffice it to say there's a widget that lets you integrate the daily Garf cartoon on your Windows 7 desktop. I find that very useful - Garfield just goes _so_ well with morning coffee! I really wish they had the option to do this for Wulffmorgenthaler as well, since that's one of the few places on the 'net which I still find genuinely funny. Well, at least most of the times.

I read a few mangas, although I haven't been keeping up with them lately. Off the top of my head, Bleach, Trigun, Berserk, Battle Royale, Shin Chan.

I have noticed that though many people here will quote/make references to the webcomic Darths and Droids, there is not a topic for its discussion. Thus, I have decided to fill this void with this thread.

Let the discussion of D&D begin!

(Mods: This is not intended to be yet another SW thread. This is for the webcomic. Also, could you (a Mod) create a poll for me? The poll will be "Who is your favourite D&D character?")

Link for those who are not familiar with D&D.

Edit: Perhaps this would be better in Community? :sceptic:

Edited by LEGOman273

I started reading it, I got somewhere in the middle of TPM bit, but I'm reading so many webcomics it's hard to keep up. I'll probably start it again it looked good.

:wacko: I searched for that kind of thread. I wonder why it didn't come up.

Would you please merge the two? :sweet:

Done! :sweet:

It's Free Comic Book Day this Saturday. I've been waiting all year to attend my first one. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to get?

Lately I have been keeping up with five manga series, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, and History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi. ,

Warehouse 13 and Youg Justice.

Sigh, all this new stuff is a bit of a let down. It is 2012, not 1992... I am holding out hope for a return of some of my favourite characters in a recognisable form, else I am sticking to younger reader stuff and maybe a jump over to Dynamite for my Super fix, Death Defying Devil and Black Terror have piqued my interest after I bought Project Superpowers.

Anyone hear of Gunnerkrigg Court? Its a webcomic I found about three weeks ago, and I find myself intriqued.

Edited by Tanma

Does anyone know were I can find the Captain America comics #700+? I can only find them at one book store and would like to order them via mail subscription. Also, were can I find/get the Winter solder series?