Bonaparte

EB Event Billund 2012

Maybe I can jump in here to answer a few of the quetions.

As far as I know there is either a camping site (card probably required) or the chalets (no extra card).

And the chalets are for 4 persons. So if you would like to stay with just you and your beloved one that would be quite expensive, but sharing with another couple could be an option then. :wink:

Beware though: it's just my rememberance, for official answers please wait for Boney.

i am from singapore and hopefully the airfare isn't too expensive to denmark.

Airfare from Singapore to Billund is likely to cost an average of SGD$2000 and upwards, as it required 2 connecting flight from these transiting points such as Amsterdam, London and Paris, for example. There is no direct flights. You can explore from various national carriers from other states.

Maybe I can jump in here to answer a few of the quetions.

As far as I know there is either a camping site (card probably required) or the chalets (no extra card).

And the chalets are for 4 persons. So if you would like to stay with just you and your beloved one that would be quite expensive, but sharing with another couple could be an option then. :wink:

Beware though: it's just my rememberance, for official answers please wait for Boney.

I got some feedback from the camping site which is now incorporated in the first post of this thread. We need one camping card for each chalet. So that extra cost (which is rather small) can be divided between the people in the chalet. The L5-chalets are for 5 people maximum and have 2 bedrooms (one for 2 persons and one for 3 persons). Since there are 2 bedrooms indeed 2 families could fit if people want to save some money and still have some privacy. There are also smaller chalets, but then you need to use a central shower-room (they don't have a bathroom in the chalet) and they are not so much cheaper. The full info is in the first post.

Hello at all,

I'm really thinking to join you as my first AFOL event.^^ And on 9 may it's my birthday so what better gift than a 3 days journey in Billund after 6 years from my last visit? ;)

It's quite early for asking next year'holidays to my boss but I will try to manage him :laugh:

P.S: This is my first post but I ve followed the forum every day since .... so long I dont have ever memory :devil:

Same question here, I'd really like to come but with my wife and kid (4 years old by then).

I saw on the camping website that we also need to buy a campingcard? Is that an extra cost per person or per chalet?

Good idea, I as well could come if it is OK to take my wife and almost 4 & 6 year old boys with me. Regarding that how many of you will be taking wifes and children with you? And if they will not be too disturbing for the without family participants.

Edited by Marko

Good idea, I as well could come if it is OK to take my wife and almost 4 & 6 year old boys with me. Regarding that how many of you will be taking wifes and children with you? And if they will not be too disturbing for the without family participants.

It's more than ok if you want to take your wife and kids, it's been done several times before and it worked out pretty well for everyone. If my boy is a bit older I plan to bring him if practically possible (school, etc.).

I'm making room in my calendar for this event - I'm very much geared for another event after Skærbæk this year. Might also bring along a friend, if you guys don't mind.

Edited by Freddie

I'm making room in my calendar for this event - I'm very much geared for another event after Skærbæk this year. Might also bring along a friend, if you guys don't mind.

Glad you are coming! And of course it's no problem at all bringing a friend.

Just a heads up that Legoland Germany is offering the fantastic Merlin annual pass again that many of us picked up in Germany a few years ago. Like last time they have reintroduced full all year round access to Legoland Billund as part of the price. This might be useful for someone planning to visit the German Legoland or indeed some of the other Merlin parks next year. There is currently a 4 for 3 online offer on the Legoland.de website which might be of interest to families. I've upgraded my normal Legoland passes (which I used this year to get into the California park) to the Merlin passes for the purpose of next year's Billund trip.

People should also notice the new attraction opening at LEGOLAND Billund in May next year - hopefully it'll be open when we visit. Judging by the pictures, it looks like a fun coaster.

People should also notice the new attraction opening at LEGOLAND Billund in May next year - hopefully it'll be open when we visit. Judging by the pictures, it looks like a fun coaster.

I couldn't help but to laugh though. "The main attraction will be the first roller coaster in the world to combine a 5-metre-drop with an outing among live penguins. "

I don't know what Legoland means by "drop" but I immedatily though: Ooohhh my goood, 5 meters high. Really. And among LIVE penguins....That's just too much....I'm fainting. :laugh:

I have completely re-written and updated the first post of this topic. It now contains all info about our 2012 event. Let me know if something is not clear, if you have comments, questions, ...

An official sign-up thread will be launched soon because we want to start booking our chalets as soon as possible to make sure we all have a place to sleep.

While all the information is on the front page telling us how to book am I correct in thinking that we should wait until there is a sign-up thread before we book our chalets? I'll be confirming attendance 4 nights (Wednesday to Saturday) along with my family so the Irish contingent will take one of those L5 chalets. I'll probably fly to somewhere in Northern Germany, such as Hamburg and drive a hired car to Billund. I just want to make sure at the moment that I'm not supposed to be organising accommodation just yet.

While all the information is on the front page telling us how to book am I correct in thinking that we should wait until there is a sign-up thread before we book our chalets? I'll be confirming attendance 4 nights (Wednesday to Saturday) along with my family so the Irish contingent will take one of those L5 chalets. I'll probably fly to somewhere in Northern Germany, such as Hamburg and drive a hired car to Billund. I just want to make sure at the moment that I'm not supposed to be organising accommodation just yet.

I've just created the sign-up thread (it's pinned in this forum).

If you come with your family and would like an entire chalet you can move ahead with the reservation. Once reserved you are sure the chalet is booked for you and your family. Let us know how many you are in the sign-up thread and the status of your reservation so we'll have the overview.

I've just created the sign-up thread (it's pinned in this forum).

If you come with your family and would like an entire chalet you can move ahead with the reservation. Once reserved you are sure the chalet is booked for you and your family. Let us know how many you are in the sign-up thread and the status of your reservation so we'll have the overview.

I received a confirmation back which doesn't include the 10% discount despite referring to the Eurobricks event in the email. I've queried this. I assume its an error that will be rectified in due course. I assume no-one else had this problem?

I received a confirmation back which doesn't include the 10% discount despite referring to the Eurobricks event in the email. I've queried this. I assume its an error that will be rectified in due course. I assume no-one else had this problem?

I think you are the first one that's booking. Let me know how this goes. If there's a problem for the discount, and it's not being resolved fast, then put me in copy of your email with the camping and I'll help sort this out. I have made all agreements with Hanne Johnsen. She told me via email "In the E-mail please referee to Eurobricks Lego event – then we can offer you a discount of 10% on the price of the chalet".

I think you are the first one that's booking. Let me know how this goes. If there's a problem for the discount, and it's not being resolved fast, then put me in copy of your email with the camping and I'll help sort this out. I have made all agreements with Hanne Johnsen. She told me via email "In the E-mail please referee to Eurobricks Lego event – then we can offer you a discount of 10% on the price of the chalet".

I've now received an amended booking showing the correct price. Good to know I'm the guinea-pig (tester) for the booking process!! Any prize for the person making the first booking?

I've now received an amended booking showing the correct price. Good to know I'm the guinea-pig (tester) for the booking process!! Any prize for the person making the first booking?

You can get this damaged 2x4 brick I found on the street walking home from the metro one day? :tongue:

Any prize for the person making the first booking?

I still have some 4-juniors minifigs laying around... :grin:

I have a pile of Best Lock figures spare :tongue:

I am going to have to question my friend on the dates she plans for her wedding, I kinda can't miss the wedding of two of my friends (Incidentaly, they were friends with me seperately before a party put both groups together and I introduced them...) so I will be going on about these dates being my holiday... :laugh:

I'm glad this has been worked out. And yes, seems you are the guinea-pig. I was hoping to be that pig, but you were faster :laugh:

I'm gonna try to book a flight from Massachusetts to Denmark to meet some fellow Eurobrickers. Very excited!

Edited by Perry the Platypus

I'm gonna try to book a flight from Massachusetts to Denmark to meet some fellow Eurobrickers. Very excited!

Aaaah - This is the spirit!

Fingers crossed everything will work out.

If you can't get flights direct to Billund, a flight to Northern Germany, e.g. Hamburg might work if you don't mind driving for a couple of hours. I plan to fly from Ireland to Hamburg (possibly returning via an evening flight from Berlin on Monday)