Yawgmoth

Starting the design of Queen Anne's Revenge

Wow....purely amazing.

@ Yawgmoth. The lanterns on the back of the poopdeck, just before the stern lantern, have rings on their base, where the black skeleton arms are grabbing on to. Alternatively, take a look at the wheel from this MOC; www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64390

Yeap, hehe, finally after re reading your comment I got what you meant :P

I'm gonna try building it, and then install on the poopdeck, but for now I'm still on details on deck.

Btw, now that we are on it, any suggestions on what to put on decks? :P there's some few space left that has nothing on it, seems kind of empty...Imma post an image in a minute

Here they are:

LDDScreenShot82.png

LDDScreenShot83.png

Nothing out of common..kind of need some ideas hehe..

Edited by Yawgmoth

Looks very nice to me; can't reall think of- wait! Have you made any swivel guns? Might make the decks busier.

Looks very nice to me; can't reall think of- wait! Have you made any swivel guns? Might make the decks busier.

I did a couple on the bow, inside the gundeck..that function as the flamethrowers,.. but other that those, haven't made em yet, for 1 reason mainly, QAR shown on the movie doesnt have 'em hehe

Here's a picture on what i was basing my desing on decks:

OriginalDetalles15-1.png

Question is: Should I?

Edited by Yawgmoth

Swivel guns take too much space, as I've learned before. You're better off putting a couple buckets around, and maybe setting some brooms around the place. Also, more rope! Ships had miles of rope on 'em. Lanterns too. For whatever reason, Blackbeard was crazy about light, evidence can be seen with the amount of flame, otherwise a dangerous thing to put on a wooden ship, that is everywhere. Even on the bow railing and the cup in the figurehead's hand!

Swivel guns take too much space, as I've learned before. You're better off putting a couple buckets around, and maybe setting some brooms around the place. Also, more rope! Ships had miles of rope on 'em. Lanterns too. For whatever reason, Blackbeard was crazy about light, evidence can be seen with the amount of flame, otherwise a dangerous thing to put on a wooden ship, that is everywhere. Even on the bow railing and the cup in the figurehead's hand!

For some reason i love this ship having that many lanterns, and i try to put as many as i can, without looking too full of 'em.

Rope I'll definetly be putting some here and there, but LDD it's not the place to play around with ropes, and my PC is lagging as hell right now hehe, on the real life model, there'd be many other things, this is more or less a guide for me to know what and how much to buy :pir_laugh2:

I included couple more cannons on decks, I didn't wanted to, because the narrow space left, but it looked kind of empty without 'em, so I modified a little to set some space for them:

LDDScreenShot84.png

Also, I started the main mast already, after some measuring on proportions, got some height somehow accurate:

LDDScreenShot86.png

Also, some neat details ontop of mast:

LDDScreenShot85.png

I tried the custom steering wheel, but it's impossible on LDD (The hands of the minifigs are attached to the body as one whole piece), another thing to remember for the real model.

I follow your progress eagerly, Shipbuilder Yawgmoth. Do not disappoint me LOL :pir_laugh2:

Mainmast looks nice, extra cannons are good too, seeing as when Blackbeard first got QAR, he was unhappy with its complement of 26 cannons, and upgraded it to 40 cannons.

I follow your progress eagerly, Shipbuilder Yawgmoth. Do not disappoint me LOL :pir_laugh2:

Mainmast looks nice, extra cannons are good too, seeing as when Blackbeard first got QAR, he was unhappy with its complement of 26 cannons, and upgraded it to 40 cannons.

Yeah! I read that too, but here we are playing only with 26, for space reasons, there's just no way i can install as many as 40, maybe if I had designed a better gundeck :pir-tongue:

Thanks for your comments :D hope I don't dissapoint you, if so, make as many suggestions as needed, so I can improve the design :)

Take out the two cannons just in front of the stairs, the ones whose firing hold-thingy go through the railing to the entrance into the hold, they take up too much space. Is there a way to get your hand into the captain's cabin? Lift off the roof or something?

Take out the two cannons just in front of the stairs, the ones whose firing hold-thingy go through the railing to the entrance into the hold, they take up too much space. Is there a way to get your hand into the captain's cabin? Lift off the roof or something?

There's several ways to get to lowerdecks, and to cap's cabin and even lower..but in LDD its kind of slow, hopefully I'll be designing a better way, just as everybody does, dividing the ship in sections, both to store it better in case i gotta move it or when I'm not displayig it, or to show off the interiors.

Those cannons that take too much space were the ones I recently installed, I know they look like an obstacle rather than an utility, but they are necessary :/

Edited by Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth, this is............AMAZING! :pir-wub: :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

I need to mod my QAR too, but yours will dwarf mine :pir-laugh:

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Yawgmoth, this is............AMAZING! :pir-wub: :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

I need to mod my QAR too, but yours will dwarf mine :pir-laugh:

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Last update for today:

LDDScreenShot87.png

LDDScreenShot88.png

LDDScreenShot89.png

LDDScreenShot90.png

LDDScreenShot91.png

Night~

Edited by Yawgmoth

seriously, this ships looks great, the big skeleton Amazing!, the jewel of the crown. Please, tell me that you made backup of this LDD proyect !

I hope see it in the flesh! :pir-cry_happy:

Thanks for all your comments and for following my progress, it means a lot to me :pir-blush:

Here's some little details left to be done:

Added the golden cup, it really took some thinking on how to install it on the figure hand, in real life it would be just to grab it with the "fingers" but in LDD; it's a little more complex, everything must be attached to something..

Anyway, i managed to do it, here's the pic:

LDDScreenShot92.png

Little more details on bow decks, some cutlass for the crew :P

LDDScreenShot93.png

Added couple more lanterns on the sides of the ship, 4 in total for each side, adds a nice touch if seen from a far :P

LDDScreenShot94.png

Some more lanterns on decks, these ones I liked how they looked, shame I couldn't install "light" on them:

LDDScreenShot95.png

Here's my lantern palette btw:

LDDScreenShot100.png

Some wider places in the masts:

LDDScreenShot96.png

Also added a little dark red to represent the sails :P

LDDScreenShot97.png

Some images showing the whole ship:

LDDScreenShot98.png

LDDScreenShot99.png

Now i can start working on the interiors :D :jollyroger:

Do you think you will add sails when you build her? It'd give it an amazing, proud air if you saw her on a table, all sails bent against the non-existent wind.

For the lower decks, you should add some hammocks made from nets. They'd look pretty funny with a bunch of minifigs lying in them.

Do you think you will add sails when you build her? It'd give it an amazing, proud air if you saw her on a table, all sails bent against the non-existent wind.

For the lower decks, you should add some hammocks made from nets. They'd look pretty funny with a bunch of minifigs lying in them.

I'm afraid there's not enough space to place those, I could manage and do something thougth.

Sails are gonna be there, custom because they ended up being larger than I expected hehe, but there will definetly be wearing some beatiful sails :)

Excellent! I look forward to the completion of this amazing, spectacular ship. You may want to shrink the figure a tiny bit, if you can. It's a wee bit, uh, 'huge'

Yeah, I got that in mind.. I made it in a hurry, hehe.. it must be kind of smaller, to match the proportions a little better :P

Also gotta improve its articulations too, looks too static as it is right now hehe,

Last update for today, furniture on cap's cabin, navigation room and storage rooms:

Whole view of what i made today:

LDDScreenShot101.png

And some detailed images of what there would be indoors:

LDDScreenShot102.png

LDDScreenShot103.png

LDDScreenShot104.png

LDDScreenShot105.png

Got several ideas on internet, brickshelf mostly, other stuff are homemade, overall i tried to give my own touch to everything :pir-sweet:

Tomorrow I'll be installing what fit the most :P

PS: Blackbeard, is your desk cluttered enought for your taste? hehe, I took inspiration on these images:

OriginalDetalles9.jpg

OriginalDetalles13.jpg

Also, I included your bookshelf too ^_^

Edited by Yawgmoth

That furniture is seriously slick. :pir-cry_happy:

One question: will all the parts you've used on this ship be available in the same colors when it's time to order them?

That furniture is seriously slick. :pir-cry_happy:

One question: will all the parts you've used on this ship be available in the same colors when it's time to order them?

Guess I'll be needing to change a bit some parts, due to the non existance of certain bricks in an specific colour, but as you can see it right now is how I'm gonna try to leave it, no major changes on the color scheme unless strictly needed.

@yawgmoth, yep, it's cluttered enough! Nice work on the furniture!

As for pieces out of color; Paint 'em! Use an industrial plastic type paint, or maybe spray paint, and you can have any color you want! Usually best if you start with a brick that's close to the wanted color or white.

Edited by Captain Blackbeard