Thego

VIP Exclusive 850458 LEGO® Minifigures set

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

gallery_148_37_778.jpg

Box image from Brickset:

850458-1.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Brickset image and link inserted.

Hm? I'm confused. It this the result of the voting thing? Is this a product? If so, how much will it cost?

From the email:

Ta-Dah! We are delighted to announce the line-up for the VIP Exclusive LEGO® Minifigures set, to be released in summer 2012. We took the results from our vote poll back in July last year and wherever possible, selected the characters that our VIPs wanted brought back - this time with some unique coloured elements! So… please give a big round of applause once again to friendly Fisherman, mysterious Elf, shadowy Space Villain, kooky Gorilla suit guy, and last but not least, mischievous Mummy!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty gutted - all from series 3!! Not at all impressed.

Hm? I'm confused. It this the result of the voting thing? Is this a product? If so, how much will it cost?

Yes, it's the set the VIP members voted for a while back, no information on availibility yet, only:

Over the coming months we'll be providing further details on how to go about ordering your exclusive set, so be sure to keep checking your VIP Newsletters!
Edited by Roger Rabbit

From the email:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty gutted - all from series 3!! Not at all impressed.

I must say, I'm surprised that they were the choices. The Mummy? Really? I'd become sick of that one as I seemed to get loads of it.

Also... I don't see any uniquely coloured elements in this picture besides the scorpion in gold. :sceptic:

Also... I don't see any uniquely coloured elements in this picture besides the scorpion in gold. :sceptic:

I think the Fisherman's hat is a different color too... It looks black in the picture above while the original minifig had a dark blue hat.

The Fisherman's fish looks like it might be sand blue, but it's hard to tell. Does this product have a set number or anything yet, or are this synopsis and image all we have?

This set is kinda cool, but since my family has a complete collection of Minifigures Series 3, I see no point in getting it just for the differently-colored parts-- unless, of course, there's some fancy collectors' packaging or something, in which it has some collectible value that the individual figs did not have.

very disappointing. I find it hard to believe all these figs were the highest votes.

I couldn't help but think this was a case of "lets see which figures we still have the most of that we need to get rid of"

Edited by Matthammer

I couldn't help but think this was a case of "lets see which figures we still have the most of that we need to get rid of"

Or "Which ones are pretty cheap to produce"...

Personally, I'd quite have liked a new VIP exclusive minifigure, in the vein of Lego Club's Max, even if it was just the little red man holding the sign.

I not sure which is more surprising: That nothing from Series 1 was chosen, that the Spartan didn't make it, or that the Space Villain and Mummy did. I would have thought that at least one of these would be from the hardest series to get. :sceptic:

The Fisherman's fish looks like it might be sand blue, but it's hard to tell.

No, it's definitely pearl silver, the most common color of that mold. :sceptic:

Overall, these seem like a downgrade from the originals due to the use of more common colors instead of the exclusive colors that they had before. :thumbdown:

Still, these are some of the best figs from Series 3, so if they don't cost more than they did back when S3 was widely available, I might get this.

The reason why these are all from S3 is probably because S3 was the most recent one back when the poll was made and therefore the one people wanted most. But I gotta agree that it's hard to believe that the Mummy and Fisherman made it while the Spartan didn't...

Hi

I have to laught... Recently i checked my favorite Toy store to see if something is for sale after Xmas and they had a full box of season 3 Minifigs. Each 1€!

Now i feel very VIPish :)

Dino

Well, I found it rather hard to get Elves, so that's always a plus. The gold scorpion is kinda nice, and I wouldn't mind more gorilla suit guys metasimians for the Heroica RPG. (Wait, I crossed out the wrong one, didn't I? :tongue:) And of course, the space villain was one of the harder-to-find minifigs.

Actually Elves were REALLY rare for me, I might have to pick up two or three or five of these for army building.

...These are the results? *huh*

Ok, give me a minute..

:iamded_lol:

This is too funny. The Mummy, Fisherman, and the Space Villian? That's just... :rofl: No Spartan? That's ridiculous. :head_back: I'm honestly really surprised. This is too funny...I only see a golden scorpion, and a black hat. This is just..hilarious :laugh:

Lame. Where are the Zombie and Spartan? This set really does look like a cop out. If the fisherman really won it is only because voting took place in the middle of the "I only got 2 fisherman in my box" craziness. I wonder how much they are going to charge for this, surely it will come out to be more than $3 per fig. Which will make it WAY overpriced.

My verdict: FAIL.

I personally think these are good, except the fisherman. The only one I dont already have is the elf, but I wanted to make an army anyway... Still cant believe the Spartan wasnt included.

Well, I found it rather hard to get Elves, so that's always a plus. The gold scorpion is kinda nice, and I wouldn't mind more gorilla suit guys metasimians for the Heroica RPG. (Wait, I crossed out the wrong one, didn't I? :tongue:) And of course, the space villain was one of the harder-to-find minifigs.

Actually Elves were REALLY rare for me, I might have to pick up two or three or five of these for army building.

Really? I got like 8 elves.

I was under the impression this was going to end up being a 5 pack of Zombies, which I would have been all in for.

This selection is... weird. All fine and good figures, sure, but none that I'd want another of.

"We took the results and wherever possible...."

In other words these are the highest placed minifigs that were voted for that we are willing/able to make available again, not necessarily the top 5 that the customer voted for.

It does lend credence to the view that some minifigs are deliberately made in fewer quantity and meant to be rare. Lego obviously know they have a highly collectable product. :wink:

What the hell?! Who voted for these *huh*

I think LEGO better investigates how their systems were infiltrated :laugh:

Utter crap.

One good fig, one 'okay' fig and three "Hey, we've got too many of these left over, so let's pawn them off and pretend they're something special" figs.

:wacko: Pity, I really hoped the majority would be from the rarest series, 1 and 2...

I guess I'll skip this thing since I actually have at least one of all five...

certainly not a selection I'll be running out to grab - very disappointing

(but then I did find 18 elves first time around ! - not sure what the difficulty is, all that is required is patience to feel the packets ... )