Sign in to follow this  
Elander

MOC: Scrap press

gallery_101_23_281.gif

During Obi-Wan deactivates the tractor beam from the Death Star. Are our heroes (Han Solo, Luke, Chewy and Princess Leia) caught at the scrap press. That is not good -because they will be squashed after a certain time. Hopefully they can escape from this unpleasant situation. :oh3:

Yep, that was my first attempt to build the scrap press from the Death Star. I hope you will like it.

Have fun!

The scrap press:

offenfront2.jpg

The press interlocks:

zerquetscht.jpg

Top view:

offendrauf2.jpg

oben3.jpg

Inside view (here is cleaned):

innenn.jpg

Behind the press:

hinten1.jpg

Many many shafts and cogs:

zahnrdere.jpg

seitemitzahnrder.jpg

offenseite.jpg

And as a last point a Stormtrooper at his work. :sweet:

stormieb.jpg

Greetings

(Viele Grüße)

Elander

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Dang it actually works?! That is pretty slick. You've definitely nailed the shape and the colors, and I really like that it works. :thumbup:

Wow Elander, that is really nice work, the whole piece is fantastic, and the way it's incorporated into a larger structure rather than just the crusher is great. Do the cogs work or are they just detailing?

Loving this scene,especily the details on the door and the sliding efect!

do you have the other death star moc's still in good shape,maybe you could make a picture with them all toghetter?

Oh man, Elander, this is so epic! I love how the walls close straight instead of slanted like 10188. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

'Elander' you are a genius, it works, so Luke can scream at 3-P0 to tell R2 to stop the compactor ! :grin:

Wonderful detailing, plus plenty of trash....though you know I find it hard to believe it took twenty years to build the Death Star....perhaps the Rebel's controlled the construction union's - a go-slow-policy must have been in place ! :laugh:

Excellent work again 'Elander' and Brick On ! :classic:

WOW, thanks thanks thanks.... :cry_happy:

I've never got so many comments in a so short time. :thumbup: That is record. :laugh:

Dang it actually works?! That is pretty slick. You've definitely nailed the shape and the colors, and I really like that it works. :thumbup:

Hello, :sweet:

yes, the walls closes automatically.

Wow Elander, that is really nice work, the whole piece is fantastic, and the way it's incorporated into a larger structure rather than just the crusher is great. Do the cogs work or are they just detailing?

Hi,

yepp, all shafts and cogs working together very well. :thumbup:

Loving this scene,especily the details on the door and the sliding efect!

do you have the other death star moc's still in good shape,maybe you could make a picture with them all toghetter?

Thanks! :sweet:

Sorry, a picture with all other MOC's is impossible. -Because the bricks from the other buildings are in this building integrated. :grin:

This is a very impressive build with a lot of great detailing! Can I ask how long it took you to build it?

Yes, sure. :sweet:

Phuu, I think 4-5 weeks.

Edited by Elander

This is by far one of my favorite MOC builds so far... :thumbup: :thumbup: It looks so authentic and captures the scene very well...Wanna sell me one???? :grin:

Certainly most impressive Elander! Giving this build an actual working press scarp mechanism is really quite ingenious, very well done! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I just got my 10188 and I love it for the cute recreations of all the memorable Death Star scenes. Seeing this fantastic piece of art - built to minifig scale really impresses me and brings forth the same loving feelings :wub:

Keep bricking! :thumbup:

Excellent MOC. Very detailed and movie-accurate. And it works!

But you do realize that the subtitle reads "Scarp Press", not "Scrap Press"? :laugh: