Sign in to follow this  
AlexScammer

Review: 6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

I'm wondering, are the figs made in China? I'm not sure how to tell.

I find that if the torso is not blank and has a little bit of paint (doesn't matter which color, but usually black or white) is on the neck of the front side, the torso is at least made in China. I think that the figs are made in Mexico though, since that's where they popped up online for sale before release.

That is so sad... :cry_sad: Look what the traveling of the box did to my comic book...

6572835373_20d89a9a29_z.jpg

6857 Review by AlexScammer, on Flickr

The ripped comic book.

6572835761_1811331c39_z.jpg

When I opened this set today, a corner on the comic was ripped, and a part of the top of the instruction booklet was bent. :sad:

I find that if the torso is not blank and has a little bit of paint (doesn't matter which color, but usually black or white) is on the neck of the front side, the torso is at least made in China. I think that the figs are made in Mexico though, since that's where they popped up online for sale before release.

Can anyone confirm if the minifigs in the Europe sets are indeed made in China?

Wow, horrible prints, they look like pixelated customs :sceptic:

Anyway, thank you for the pictures, this has been very helpful.

Torsos are actually not that bad, but the faces are...

You're very welcome!

When I opened this set today, a corner on the comic was ripped, and a part of the top of the instruction booklet was bent. :sad:

I am very unsurprised, what else do you have to expect?

I can't confirm it, but my opinion is that they are. Because they are horrible.

I ordered this set the moment it was available, so I didn't wait for any reviews. But thanks for the review, seeing new photos of an existing set is always welcome.

I think it must be an unfortunate mistake on printing and packaging for you because my instructions/comic came out as crisp as can be and none of my printing had any problems. The only thing I have noticed, the white on Harley's torso does have a slight pinkish hue similar to the early Kingdoms torsos. But I wouldn't say it is as bad as they were. Just not a brilliant white is all.

Good luck with customer service.

I ordered this set the moment it was available, so I didn't wait for any reviews. But thanks for the review, seeing new photos of an existing set is always welcome.

You did the right thing, because I knew the set will be sold out pretty soon...

I think it must be an unfortunate mistake on printing and packaging for you because my instructions/comic came out as crisp as can be and none of my printing had any problems. The only thing I have noticed, the white on Harley's torso does have a slight pinkish hue similar to the early Kingdoms torsos. But I wouldn't say it is as bad as they were. Just not a brilliant white is all.

I guess it's just my luck, or "unluck"... I will get to customer service somehow.

Good luck with customer service.

I am sure I'll need some. :sceptic:

I just ordered this as it came back in stock on S@H, and I think it'll probably get here around Wednesday. I can't wait! :wub:

I just ordered this as it came back in stock on S@H, and I think it'll probably get here around Wednesday. I can't wait! :wub:

You are lucky! It's gonna go back out of stock in about 1-2 days!

Nice review) (I saw it on RFFL) Why didn't you like this head?

Because it has the horrendous print on it. And not just one, but most of them!

Thanks for the review. I own the 6858 Catwoman set. This one might be next!

You're very welcome, hope to get my hands on 6858 :wub:

And this one should be next. I know it sounds crazy, but most of the new "Super Heroes" sets are not worth buying.

This one is MEGA value. It have 3 villains and 2 good guys. Not even the Batcave has 3 villains! It only has 2!

Other sets just have 1 villain and henchman(men).

And this one should be next. I know it sounds crazy, but most of the new "Super Heroes" sets are not worth buying.

This one is MEGA value. It have 3 villains and 2 good guys. Not even the Batcave has 3 villains! It only has 2!

Other sets just have 1 villain and henchman(men).

I agree that this set is of great value, but so are some of the other ones. In the Robot set, you get two new heroes that we've never seen, in the Batmobile, you get a main villain with two of his henchmen, (making the Batwing the only set to have on henchman) and in that you get two pretty cool vehicles plus some great figures. In what I've stated, it seems that the Super Heroes sets are worth buying, but this is your opinion, and I'll respect that, even if I don't agree with it, though this set does have the greatest value of all of them. And it seems that the Funhouse is already sold out o S@H! :oh: Glad I got one, or I'd probably be kicking myself for weeks.

I agree that this set is of great value, but so are some of the other ones. In the Robot set, you get two new heroes that we've never seen, in the Batmobile, you get a main villain with two of his henchmen, (making the Batwing the only set to have on henchman) and in that you get two pretty cool vehicles plus some great figures. In what I've stated, it seems that the Super Heroes sets are worth buying, but this is your opinion, and I'll respect that, even if I don't agree with it, though this set does have the greatest value of all of them. And it seems that the Funhouse is already sold out o S@H! :oh: Glad I got one, or I'd probably be kicking myself for weeks.

Agreed about the value.

I think it's only on backorder, the Batcave is at least.

Edit:They all are, except the Ultrabuilds of course :grin:

Edited by Superficial Username

Alex, could you take a look at the box you have around, what countries are listed as manufacturing places? It should be in the small print somewhere. Since I don't see any obvious China-parts (correct me if I am wrong) we might have a clue there..

Btw, great review, great pics, great flickr of yours! Was a pleasure to browse through it! Keep on the good work!

(Edit: spell)

Edited by Zzz

Alex, could you take a look at the box you have around, what countries are listed as manufacturing places? It should be in the small print somewhere. Since I don't see any obvious China-parts (correct me if I am wrong) we might have a clue there..

I find that when the minifigures don't have any paint on their necks (and the torso isn't blank) that the torso at least is made in China. So if the box does say components made in China, that could give a further hing, but I think textiles are anyway, so saying components made in China might be referring to the capes.

I find that when the minifigures don't have any paint on their necks (and the torso isn't blank) that the torso at least is made in China. So if the box does say components made in China, that could give a further hing, but I think textiles are anyway, so saying components made in China might be referring to the capes.

Sorry, I remember there was something with the capes. I didn't have too much time this year and this just flew by. Let's stick to the necks, then!

Great review Alex, cements my desire for this set! The printing issue is a bit of a concern though, let's hope TLC irons that one out. I'll probably hold out buying until I think that's likely or someone reports it.

Yes, I guess you are right. But The Joker's is totally not. I know that there's the henchman's jacket, and I will get it, but not in the set, obviously.

Btw, great review, great pics, great flickr of yours! Was a pleasure to browse through it! Keep on the good work!

(Edit: spell)

Thank you. For some reason, my Flickr says that I am out of space, even though the new month has started. Hope to get it fixed, or there's not gonna be any reviews soon. :sad:

Because I really don't want to go pro...

Sorry, I remember there was something with the capes. I didn't have too much time this year and this just flew by. Let's stick to the necks, then!

China is on the list, and it is kind of obvious. If the part has it's own packaging (like Harley's hat) it IS made in china. Sorry I didn't make any side views.

Great review Alex, cements my desire for this set! The printing issue is a bit of a concern though, let's hope TLC irons that one out. I'll probably hold out buying until I think that's likely or someone reports it.

I am sure they will do something in a few complaints! :wink:

Thank you.

I put this set together yesterday trying to pay close attention to all the tell-tale signs as to the minifigs' place of origin.

According to my research (which consisted of looking at someone else's research), non-China figs have the word LEGO printed on the bottom ledges of their feet (china figs are blank) and two dots on their plastic butts (china figs have rectangles around the dots). All of these are present in these figs, so, non-China figs...

However, China figs have a rectangles with writing inside of their armpit (I think it says LEGO). There is writing in the armpits of these Super Heroes figs, but I did not notice a rectangle. The writing looks different than the CMFs. The figs also feel tight and LEGO-like (unlike the CMFs).

My verdict: Figs are Non-China.

Judge Jahab rests.

And nice to meet you.

I put this set together yesterday trying to pay close attention to all the tell-tale signs as to the minifigs' place of origin.

According to my research (which consisted of looking at someone else's research), non-China figs have the word LEGO printed on the bottom ledges of their feet (china figs are blank) and two dots on their plastic butts (china figs have rectangles around the dots). All of these are present in these figs, so, non-China figs...

However, China figs have a rectangles with writing inside of their armpit (I think it says LEGO). There is writing in the armpits of these Super Heroes figs, but I did not notice a rectangle. The writing looks different than the CMFs. The figs also feel tight and LEGO-like (unlike the CMFs).

My verdict: Figs are Non-China.

Judge Jahab rests.

And nice to meet you.

I know that most of the parts aren't made in China. I am saying that the parts with their own packaging, like Harley's hat are PRINTED in China. But the CMFs are only the Collectable Minifigures, and some of the special sets. Figs are Non-China, some parts are.

Really nice to meet you too, sir. :tongue:

Thanks for the review. Looks like a fun set with a lot of play and display value. The price is also decent with a good mix of minifigures. However, I find that batcycle incredibly lame. I am really scratching my head about it and wondering how that design got approved for release. Looks very unfinished and something a kid would build with his spare parts bin. I would seriously knock the design score down a peg just for the batcycle alone.

Thanks for the great review :thumbup: .I Have just taken delivery of all the new Batman sets and in my opinion the quality of some of the minifigures is not quite good enough I'm afraid. I'm particularly disappointed with the face print quality on my two-face figure. It is very very faded and almost looks like a counterfeit! The torso of the black Batman in this set is also faded. I have several of all the Batman figures including one of the SDCC ones and it doesn't compare too well to any of those. I'm just finishing this set off then I've the Batwing to build and check the figures, then I'll be dropping Lego customer services a line. I do hope this isn't the shape of things to come because in the past I've always been delighted with my purchases from Lego and have getting on for 1000 minifigures, mostly licenced and it's the first time I've come across this problem. On the positive side, I'm delighted to see the Batman line return, I do like the sets and I'm sure Lego will help and I will report back if anyone is interested. :classic:

Thanks for the review. Looks like a fun set with a lot of play and display value. The price is also decent with a good mix of minifigures. However, I find that batcycle incredibly lame. I am really scratching my head about it and wondering how that design got approved for release. Looks very unfinished and something a kid would build with his spare parts bin. I would seriously knock the design score down a peg just for the batcycle alone.

In my opinion the batcycle is a lot better in person than any picture can make it look! As for the review it was very good, way to outdo mine, :hmpf_bad: but soon I shall return more powerful than you can possibly imagine! :devil:

Thanks for a really good review! :thumbup: This set was at the top of my list of things to buy and, quelle surprise, as soon as I had enough in my account post-Xmas, it's out of stock on S@H. So looks like I'm gonna be left in the lurch with this one for a while...

Thanks for a really good review! :thumbup: This set was at the top of my list of things to buy and, quelle surprise, as soon as I had enough in my account post-Xmas, it's out of stock on S@H. So looks like I'm gonna be left in the lurch with this one for a while...

Do you have a lego store nearby? When I got it they were way overstocked on it.

Do you have a lego store nearby? When I got it they were way overstocked on it.

Kind of. I live about 2 hours drive from the Legoland Discovery Centre in Manchester, but it's a case of finding 4 hours for travelling and another two hours to get lost in Manchester on the way there and actually parking ang buying the thing, couple that with a Maths A-Level Module in 2 weeks and I won't wake it there until February at the earliest. :L