Brickdoctor

[LDD MOCs] Brickdoctor's 2011 Star Wars Advent Calendar

One should especially note the wonderfully done engine area, with cheese slopes around a steering wheel.:sweet: Though I should add a small note... that small area in the middle of the cheese? I do believe that's a window. :laugh::wink: One could simply replace the round plate, stud, and inverted saucer attached to the ring with ones in black, or even remove them, in which case I would also add:

Another small point; as with your x1, I also think you could have included the darker bits visible through the lower half of the windscreen. But the highlights of this model make that nitpick insignificant.

Thanks, Fallen. I don't remember why I didn't make that inverted dish black or transparent. :wacko: I did have to skimp a bit on the interior, though. As with the rest of the advent models, this was a one-day build and I didn't want to spend much time on the interior.

I did have to skimp a bit on the interior, though. As with the rest of the advent models, this was a one-day build and I didn't want to spend much time on the interior.

That's understandable, since many of the actual models didn't even have cockpits. :laugh:

To finish it all off:

2011swadventday25.png

My LDD TIE Collection, including the TIE/in from my forthcoming proper post for the Jedi Community Build.

That TIE Interceptor is beautiful, and seeing them together is a great image. Also a fantastic end to your Advent Calendar.

Aw! I was expecting a miniland-scale Santa Yoda! :tongue: But this is great too, perhaps even better considering how much better you are at vehicles! Those look all great, and as I said in the funnies thread, congratulations for completing your calendar! You had a lot more work to do than me; I just had to take pictures of minifigs and come up with funny captions for them, but you had to make an original MOC each day! I don't think I could ever do that, so hats off to you, Sir. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Happy Holidays!

A TIE-interceptor is indeed better than a LDD Yoda, not in the last place because a detailed and well designed figure would require illegal connections, at least in most of the cases.

You had a lot more work to do than me; I just had to take pictures of minifigs and come up with funny captions for them, but you had to make an original MOC each day! I don't think I could ever do that, so hats off to you, Sir. :classic:

Thanks. :classic:

But I'm not really good at making up jokes, so I think I'd have a harder time with the funnies.

You finished it! I would have just given up on the 15th. :laugh::tongue: Those TIEs look great as does the tree. I got a bit lazy in the Star Wars forum towards them end there. :grin:

I was just checking whether my current Lego project can be found via Google - instead I found Brickdoctors Midi Scale X-Wing! Great ship! If you like, have a look at MY Midi Scale X-Wing at http://lego.cuusoo.com/profile/Blanik#projects ! I am currently pleased with the engine and wing configuration, but I wonder, if it would lead to an improvement of the fuselage if I'd introduce a fuselage-style like Brickdoctors.

I was just checking whether my current Lego project can be found via Google - instead I found Brickdoctors Midi Scale X-Wing! Great ship! If you like, have a look at MY Midi Scale X-Wing at http://lego.cuusoo.com/profile/Blanik#projects ! I am currently pleased with the engine and wing configuration, but I wonder, if it would lead to an improvement of the fuselage if I'd introduce a fuselage-style like Brickdoctors.

Well I hardly see the need to bump a year old topic just to advertise your moc.

Well, not really... currently I am not satisfied completely with my forward fuselage. Changing it into a more tapered shape is desireable, if it then compatible with my aft fuselage.

And I wonder how the engine body - engine nozzle attachment works.