Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#22: Winter Problems

Standing back and marvelling at this incredible plant, Amorith has an idea. I uses his dagger to cut into the trunk of the tree to see if anything can be harvested from it.

QM Note: You're killing me man! :laugh:

You cut into the tree to see if there is anything that could be used. You find a gooey substance inside which can be used for Nostrum. From the core of the plant you collect 1 Elixir!

You collect:

img_2872.jpg 2X Nostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.

heroica-elixir.jpg 1X Elixir – Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

The plant is virtually gone and before you can do anything to the other plants like this, the villagers stop you.

QM Note: Phew, I was getting scared there for a moment... :laugh:

Edited by Bricksandparts

Now I burn the tree to see if the ashes can be used for smelling salts. default_laugh_new.gif

This is a great tree, where can I get one?

:hmpf: One of the villagers sighs. "These are Jo-no trees. They rarely grow outside of caves." One of the villagers gets some seeds from the virtually gone tree. "These need good condition survive. The villager hands Amorith 3 seeds. These take time grow."

Jo-noseed.png3X Jo-no Tree seed - harvests 1 potion, mead ,and Nostrum each quest.

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Hmmm... looks like I'm by myself to go exploring. I'd like to go check out those farmlands. Or wait, was that where Amorith just went? I'm confused. :wacko: "

So, to recap I have found:

1 mead

3 remedies

2 Nostrum

1 elixir

3 Jo-no seeds (mead, nostrum, potion each quest.)

Boomingham, how will they be distributed?

So, to recap I have found:

1 mead

3 remedies

2 Nostrum

1 elixir

3 Jo-no seeds (mead, nostrum, potion each quest.)

Boomingham, how will they be distributed?

"Good find! Well, I'm not Boomingham, but I would like to suggest that we each get 1 Jo-no seed, and then there are 7 other items, Boomingham and I will each get two of our choice and you will get three, since you found them."

QM Note: Because Zepher will be gone most of today, I am going to let you two decide what to do and where to go. When he gets back, we will distribute the items unless you decide to go search for the enemies.

Is there anywhere else the party wants to go?

The Party:

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpgBenji Carvenhall (Played by Flare)

Level 10½ Ranger

Power: 18 (10+8)

Health: 15/15 (15+15)

Gold: 25

Inventory: Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8) equipped,Pick-axe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 potions, 1 Smoke bomb, 1 Remedy, 1 Mead, 1 smelling salts, 2 venom

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpgAmorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14 (9+5)

Health: 13/13 (13+0)

Ether: 13/13

Gold: 0 (10 gold debt to Ranger Docken)

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5) equipped, opal (ice), ruby (fire), garnet (earth), 5 potions, 4 tonics, 2 remedies, 2 meads, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 holy bomb, 1 smoke bomb, shovel, bedroll, 3 bones

IMG_1583-1.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher) *Party Leader*

Level 13 Knight

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Gold: 20 (20 Gold Debt to Sylph)(10 gold debt to Amorith Marvelo)

Inventory: King of the Desert (WP: 9, Fire) equipped, Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 3 Meads

Extra Items:

img_2873.jpg1X Mead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.

heroica-remedy.jpg3X Remedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

img_2872.jpg2X Nostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle.

heroica-elixir.jpg1X Elixir – Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

Jo-noseed.png3X Jo-no Tree seed - harvests 1 potion, mead ,and Nostrum each quest.

The un-explored parts of the village:

Villager housing

tunnels of the mines

May still want to do:

Gamble at the tavern

Shop at Zike's market

Edited by Bricksandparts

Amorith walks into the cave hearing sounds of mining. He grabs a torch off the wall and continues through the tunnel. He comes to an intersection. Will Amorith go left, right, or back?

Amorith goes left and find a miner next to 2 crates.

jhsuiei38yklso93.png

The miner stops his work and turns toward Amorith.

"Whatta you wantin?"

What will Amorith do?

Map: (you are at 5)

cavemap2.png

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Bah these caves give me the willies. As for all that stuff you collected... I'll take a nostrum and let each of you take three. You're big boys, work it out between yourselves, but play fair.". Boomingham then turns to the miner and turns on his natural charm (diplomacy) . "Hello, hello ol' fellow. We're here from Heroica, supposed to deal with some bogey man snow monsters. You got anything that could help us out? Infor$ation or any sort of tool or trinket?"

I am a hero from heroica hall sent to investigate the 'snowy creatures' in your village.

I look in the crates.

I thought I just heard Boomingham, but it is impossible, he is still in the tavern. The cave is playing tricks on me.

OoC: Are you sure I thought I won my game and caught up! Bricksandparts, care to clarify? Can I have caught up, since I've won my game and we can revisit the tavern anyway?

OOC: Well I came into the tunnels alone but if you want I could come back and get you and Benji so we can go together. By the way flare, I would like the elixir, the nostrum and a remedy.

QM Note: Zepher, that's alright.

The miner gives them a stange look.

"uhh... Ok, but why did you come to the mines?"

As Amorith opens the crates the miner looks at him.

"Can't you see that I'm working? I didn't go get this crate and put it here just so that some loon comes to open it. You people don't have the sense of a box of rocks. As for any advice, I can't help you. I'm not the person to ask. I'm pretty sure you won't find anything that can help you in here. I really don't think the whatever you want to call them, snowy persons, boogie woogies, I don't think they are here. You can feel free to take a look around but I don't think you will find anything of any interest."

He starts to go back to work but then turns suddenly to Amorith.

"Please don't go around snooping in people's things. I mean how'd you like it if I came to your home and started taking stuff? Hey look, there's a cool lamp, I'll go take it. Oh there's a stack of gold! I'll go take that too! It's kinda annoying going around, snooping. Alright?"

"While you two explore the mines, I'm going to go see what there is to see at the village housing." Boomingham sets off to the vilager housing using, swinging his sword merrily.