9461 Swamp Monster

9462 Mummie

9463 Were Wolf

9464 Vampire Hearse

9465 The Zombies

9466 Frankenstein

9467 Ghost Train

9468 Vampire Castle

Can anybody tell what those glowy treasure things are supposed to be?

I think each set has a different one of the glowing jewel things, each in a unique color. Some of them I can't quite make out, but I'll bet they're there somewhere in the blurriness. And then if you look at the biggest set (the vampire castle), up on the clock tower, it looks like all the jewels are plugged into a circle. Maybe Mr. Dracula has a copy of each jewel, and he's the mastermind controlling everyone?

Perhaps the jewel things light up like the light brick from Creator and the winter village sets.

Atlantis also had that sort of thing with different colored keys (a specially shaped mold kind of like a minifig accessory).

Edited by Zeya

Hopefully my views will change, but at the moment, I am not the biggest fan...

The minifigures will be fantastic for sure, but the vehicles and buildings have a 'time twisters' vibe that I dislike..

Because they are preliminary so they are putting the CM figs as placeholders. :hmpf:

No, because there is no point in designing a new Dr. Frankenstein/Monster/Mummy/Vampire when they already made very good ones recently.

As I said, I don't think they're preliminary because all the other figs use new molds and prints and therefore look pretty final, so it would be a strange coincidence if it were only the figs that are similar to the CMFs that are preliminary stand-ins, don't you think? :sceptic:

My list also has 9465 The Zombies :devil:

Ah, thanks! I was wondering what kind of set 9465 would be. Let's hope it will have new zombies (including female ones) and not just the CMF one. :sweet:

Wow! I thought a theme like the show:

MV5BMTI5NzAwODU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA3NTgzNA@@._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

would be really cool, but this is really neat, too. I'm really the classic monsters!

A LEGO Hearse, that's too cool. :cry_happy:

Looks like a shout-out to the Munsters Car: MunsterKoach2c.jpg

My absolute favorite set is the ghost train, the Green Flame is super erie.

Being brought back into LEGO because of trains, I really love that one, too... continues the seemingly intentional cross-theme draw of the Toy Story 3 train and Hogwarts Express.

9461 Swamp Monster

9462 Mummie

9463 Were Wolf

9464 Vampire Hearse

9465 The Zombies

9466 Frankenstein

9467 Ghost Train

9468 Vampire Castle

I would use words but this says it more:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Is it only me that can't make heads nor tails of this theme from these incredibly blurry pics? Everybody keeps raving about how great the sets are, and TBH I can see a few things that interest me, but really the only thing I can tell that I really really want is the fishman - and even in that case I have NO IDEA what the vehicle the hero is piloting is supposed to be, the pictures are that bad. Context says it's most likely some sort of swamp boat, but to me the guy driving it looks like Elvis.

(Which would be unspeakably cool, and make this set a definite keeper. Elvis fighting the Creature from the Black Lagoon? Hell yeah I want that. It's like Bubba Ho-Tep in Lego.)

Anway, seems (again, keeping in mind the ultrablurry pics) that the theme is sort of keeping the spirit of Pharoah's Quest alive. I like that idea, but will have to see some better pics to decide whether liking the idea translates into buying the sets.

I am totally stoked for this line!! With this and LOTR, Super heroes, and whatever other sets catch my eye this year is going to rock!!

Creature (from the black lagoon) set got no naked lady? bum-mer. :tongue:

No I love that the one I really want is the set I can afford to cheat on my budget with.

I also like the revamped ghost shrouds, and bat wing arms.

Sea_Monster.png

I'm the first to (re)post this? Some thought that it was a possible future Colletable Minifigure a while back, but it looks like it's the swamp monster. :sweet:

oh boy! yeah ok I'm getting multiples.

Sea_Monster.png

I'm the first to (re)post this? Some thought that it was a possible future Colletable Minifigure a while back, but it looks like it's the swamp monster. :sweet:

I reported that on Brickipedia back in June/July...I made up a rumor of it coming from an unreleased "Monster" set. This can not be happening..this can not be happening..frakkin' Christmas MIRACLE! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

9461 Swamp Monster

9462 Mummie

9463 Were Wolf

9464 Vampire Hearse

9465 The Zombies

9466 Frankenstein

9467 Ghost Train

9468 Vampire Castle

That is the best news ever. I hope it has at least four or five (or more) zombies. That would really make my day. But either way, I will probably buy multiples of that set.

Sweet new crossbow in the mummy set. has a clip like the dino tranq gun, aquazone harpoon on top. werewolf set, of course, does have the tranq gun with a fez up front and a spyglass clipped on.

what is dracula's driver?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Oh, that's right! I had completely forgotten about that guy. :laugh: Well, seeing such a nice picture of him again makes me want swamp creature set even more! Although I'm pretty sure he was holding a brown spear in the set, not an Atlantis trident.

Oooh, sounds good! I look forward to seeing pictures of it! :excited:

No, because there is no point in designing a new Dr. Frankenstein/Monster/Mummy/Vampire when they already made very good ones recently.

As I said, I don't think they're preliminary because all the other figs use new molds and prints and therefore look pretty final, so it would be a strange coincidence if it were only the figs that are similar to the CMFs that are preliminary stand-ins, don't you think? :sceptic:

You've got a point; there's no reason for them to be redesigning the figures (especially the mad scientist and the vampire) since they've got recent ones, but I just can't see LEGO putting a full collectible minifigure in a set. A musketeer hat in PotC or a potion vial in a Friends set, but a whole figure? :sceptic: Another reason why I doubt that is because the Vampiress figure has the same face as Dracula from the original Studios line, and I think there's a very low chance of them reusing a face after about 10 years.

One more thing I noticed about 9468 (Vampire Castle) is that it includes some of those brick-faced bricks in light gray! :excited:

what is dracula's driver?

I believe it's supposed to be Igor, but it looks kind of like a zombie to me. Also, does he have the same face as the Neomodian Viceroy from the Separatist Shuttle set? :wacko:

The werewolf is new. I think the coincidence is due to LEGO prioritizing on finishing prototypes for the minifigs that didn't have a good alternative. I think it is really, very unlikely for TLG to release CMF in sets. You can mark my words. And afterall, they didn't reuse the ninja in NinjaGo. Nor did they reuse the mommy in Pharaoh's quest. The minifigures will likely be very similar to their CMF counterparts but have different prints, TLG can order new minifigure prints very easily. I'd expect Franki and Dracula to dive a little more into scary territory than the comical territory from CMF.

Edited by vexorian

From what I just viewed, one word for all except the sets involving the Vampire.....LAME ! :innocent2:

The big castle looks good, but it's starts going down hill from there.....it's looks like a fusion of collectable minifigs and late 90's Adventurer's sets.

At least I have made my mind up for the second half releases, some SW, and all the LOTR and City sets.....maybe the Vampire Castle.

Though the ghost train does look interesting, possibly the only up side really ! :wink:

I hope that these monsters & hunters don't look too cartoony :sick: cause that has been bothering me lately, non-licensed minifigures are starting to have bigger pupils and the use of grin smiles is being over used :sceptic: The face design back in 2003 was much more classic, if that word is suitable.

Hopefully my views will change, but at the moment, I am not the biggest fan...

The minifigures will be fantastic for sure, but the vehicles and buildings have a 'time twisters' vibe that I dislike..

Ditto. However, didn't care much for PQ or AC when I first saw pictures, so who knows...

Despite the obvious preliminary status of these sets, I think they have a TON of potential. The minifigures already look intriguing, and I am totally in love with the last three sets shown: the flying train, the undead van, and the castle all look outstanding and I can't wait to get clearer pictures of them.

I'm really happy with the look and vibe of this theme. I'll reserve most of my judgement for finalized shots, but in the meantime count me among the excited. These look great.

Most of the sets look pretty "meh" to me so far. I'll treat it as a parts and minifgs and accessories pack.

I wouldn't mind if TLG reused the CMF monsters, though I didn't like the CMF mummy, they should "borrow" a PQ one if they won't design a new one. And the werewolf looks pretty :sick: so far, it reminds me of some Fabuland fig. I wonder if there will be a minifig head underneath, like a guy that transforms into a werewolf. Otherwise, I would have preferred either the Studios or the CMF werewolf, if not a new mold. The swamp monster, on the other hand, looks :wub::thumbup:. I was hoping he?/she?/it? would appear in the CMF line, though I would have preferered sand green. The vampyra/vampiress is also a fig I thought could be in the CMF line; I need a closer look at her to decide if I like her.

Seems the mummy's horse will be glow-in-.the-dark?

Edited by Ardelon

The castle looks pretty cool, and I love the 20's adventurers style overall, but am I the only one who gets flashbacks to the time cruisers/time twisters theme?

There is something a little eclectic about this theme, where they have pieces collected from different themes that give me that vibe, especially when looking at the train set.

I have been drooling waiting for the Lego Super Heroes sets for months. The LOTR news seemed like the ultimate topper to that. But I am in love with the very concept of these sets in an unexpected way, and they may trump the licensed sets when it comes to grabbing my attention (and money) in 2012. Can't wait to see more.

I like the swamp man, the Dracula castle & new ghosts is interesting. If I was a kid I'd probably love these sets big time. It looks as though the skelethorse is glow in the dark... that's cool.