Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Qarkyr North Pass Watch Tower

Just North of Qarkyr lies an old watch tower overlooking one of the many paths that wind throughout the Rakath Mountains between Kaliphlin and Nocturnus. Today the small garrison is greeted by the arrival of an exploratory party of the southern dwarf clans. Not much is happening these days where sands dunes meet the rocky slopes, but rumors are flying faster than the griffon's wing that tension is building between the great guilds of Historica and vigilance is needed to protect the many trade routes that have yielded Kaliphlin its prosperity.

img_3164.jpg

img_3163.jpg

img_3174.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated.

Thanks SI-mocs for pushing my building limits with your suggestions, this build has come a long way from what it first started as. Now at long last I can have 5 days of free building before the next challange :tongue:

I really like how you build the rocks and the desert sand. The combination of tan and dark blue for the watch tower really stands out, and gives it a nice 'arabic' exotic look! Great job!

Wonderful work Waterbrick Down, a fine addition to our guild!

Fantastic tan and dark blue colour scheme. I love the SNOT base and the mountains in the back add depth.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

This has turned out brilliantly, the Dark Blue accents and they way you created depth in the walls really works :thumbup:. This is a well designed tower but for me what makes it so good is that first shot, with the forced perspective mountains giving a well presented and realistic build.

I totally agree about the dark blue acents and I think it gives it a kind of regal feel more like british empire style if that makes sense? Maybe because of the lion heads but that's me. Great work on the landscaping too, the wedges add that bit extra detail, my favorite part is the hatch, I never thought about having a 'closed' one, great idea! Well done :thumbup:

I really don't know if there is anything to critique on, maybe an interior but lack of bricks negates it, if that is your situation.

Kcaj.

I totally agree about the dark blue acents and I think it gives it a kind of regal feel more like british empire style if that makes sense? Maybe because of the lion heads but that's me. Great work on the landscaping too, the wedges add that bit extra detail, my favorite part is the hatch, I never thought about having a 'closed' one, great idea! Well done :thumbup:

I really don't know if there is anything to critique on, maybe an interior but lack of bricks negates it, if that is your situation.

Kcaj.

Yeh, the interior is pretty much filled with Tan 2x4 from PaB wall. I haven't got quite the cash to buy whatever I need on Bricklink, so I try and work with what I've got, thus the tower doesn't have a back :sad: However I was pleased with how the base turned out, I've never snotted landscape before, it brings a whole new perspective to how bricks will look stacked horizontally rather than vertically.

Yeh, the interior is pretty much filled with Tan 2x4 from PaB wall. I haven't got quite the cash to buy whatever I need on Bricklink, so I try and work with what I've got, thus the tower doesn't have a back :sad: However I was pleased with how the base turned out, I've never snotted landscape before, it brings a whole new perspective to how bricks will look stacked horizontally rather than vertically.

*oh2*

I can't believe I missed that, I thought it was tiles lol great job!

Im really liking the builds you Kaliphiln lot are turning out! Really original and interesting builds, and this is no exception. Love the color use here and the different shades of rock. The sandy base is well built and really sets it off. Well done!

Lovely colour scheme (dark blue and tan, mmm!) and rocky background, and the SNOT base works really well, with that little path to the doorway. I like the ostrich riders too. Top work! :thumbup:

Yeah this is great! I really like the dark-blue and tan combination; will have to get some more dark-blue bricks now... My BL Wanted List is really expanding recently as all these great MOCs are giving me lots of ideas.

I am totally going to steal that closed hatch idea; so much better than the open hole with a ladder that I usually use. I really like :wub: the SNOT sand base! And having the studs-up dark-tan plates partially over it adds to it even more. Another bush behind the ostriches might work, as might some texture on the dark tan plates (like using some dark-tan 1x1 and 1x2 plates so it's not so flat). But really, it's great the way it is.

This looks wonderful. Really nice use of both colour and elements to achieve a very dramatic finish.

It look's great. It look's like it's longer than 32. Isn't the rule 32x32 max?

Looks like it's just on 32x32 by my count, but I did get lost counting 4 or 5 times... :tongue:

It look's great. It look's like it's longer than 32. Isn't the rule 32x32 max?

It's actually less than 32 deep, and the dark tan studs up portion is 32 wide, I'm not sure how one classifies snot bases but 32 width doesn't have an whole number conversion to height so it either sticks out underneath the dark tan by a hair or it leaves a gap. I hope that clarifies.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I had a good find where someone was selling parts to #8893 Lava Chamber Gate, so that really gave me the opportunity to work in the dark blue, I want to experiment more with it in some further builds as I'm not too hot on using red in the architecture as much.

It's actually less than 32 deep, and the dark tan studs up portion is 32 wide, I'm not sure how one classifies snot bases but 32 width doesn't have an whole number conversion to height so it either sticks out underneath the dark tan by a hair or it leaves a gap. I hope that clarifies.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I had a good find where someone was selling parts to #8893 Lava Chamber Gate, so that really gave me the opportunity to work in the dark blue, I want to experiment more with it in some further builds as I'm not too hot on using red in the architecture as much.

I was trying to count the ground. I counted the mountain and tower and it came out to 32. My bad.

Dark blue and tan reallys works well together! I like the whole structure very much! Like the guys on the ostrichs! Great job!!

Absolutely stunning. This turned out fantastic.

The snoted base worked really really well. I'm glad you stuck with it and reworked it :grin: