Sign in to follow this  
Andonii

The Hall of Halves

Long ago, when the city of Basilita did not stand, and only a few settlers lived in the region, this hall stood. A vicious attack was carried out on it by the people of Nocturnus, however, in this time of need, Kalaphlin came to our aid. Once the combined forces had destroyed the Nocturnians, half of the hall had been destroyed and other parts damge (thus the holes near the top. The Kalaphlinians helped rebuild, and to this day, in tribute of their aid, half of the hall is made of the sandstone of Kalaphlin.

Now the city of Basilita is built on that spot, and we have taken this building to be the grand hall.

The Hall

6472645661_d66aeaed1e.jpg

The Granite Half

6472650957_cd51485460.jpg

The Sandstone Half

6472649957_b217e336b0.jpg

Birds Eye View

6472647761_7e33c4e509.jpg

End View

6472649291_515baff5c9.jpg

Footnote: Dextrus Flagg, I hope the old allegiance between Avalonia and Kalaphlin can be what it once was

All Hail Avalonia

Hail from Kaliphlin

What a lovely little moc, I like how you've got roof slopes around the edge and left it open, adds to playability and I love the story, so sweet. Also some really good quality photos there, what kind of camera do you use?

Seeing everyone using cms makes me want to use mine, too bad they haven't done a real arabian one, yet.

Thanks for posting this! I've heard the story many times, passed down from my great-grandfather, who fought in the battle on the Kaliphlin side. I've never visited the hall myself, but hope to get there someday.

Gex

I'm sorry but to me it looks more like you ran out of parts and made up some odd story about sandstone and battle damage?

The techinc bricks with pin holes look really misplaced, the bricks aren't even firmly pushed together and all in all this looks like a "play-build".

It might be funny to play with, but it certainly lacks detail and commitment.

A good MOC is NOT build in a split second. I don't consider myself a MOC'er at all - I have build a diorama or two though and they were mediocre at best - but they still took me "forever" to make.

So please - tuck in that shirt and put a little more effort in it.

Check the MOC index for inspiration - I am not asking you to build like Aliencat or Derfel, just step it up a bit or more.

I'm sorry but to me it looks more like you ran out of parts and made up some odd story about sandstone and battle damage?

The techinc bricks with pin holes look really misplaced, the bricks aren't even firmly pushed together and all in all this looks like a "play-build".

It might be funny to play with, but it certainly lacks detail and commitment.

A good MOC is NOT build in a split second. I don't consider myself a MOC'er at all - I have build a diorama or two though and they were mediocre at best - but they still took me "forever" to make.

So please - tuck in that shirt and put a little more effort in it.

Check the MOC index for inspiration - I am not asking you to build like Aliencat or Derfel, just step it up a bit or more.

First of all, it took me three days to build. Second of all, yes I did run out of grey bricks that I was not using, so I made up a back story so that I didn't have to spend a ton of money on bricks before I make my next order.

First of all, it took me three days to build. Second of all, yes I did run out of grey bricks that I was not using, so I made up a back story so that I didn't have to spend a ton of money on bricks before I make my next order.

So technically this isn't finished?

You meant it to be different, but in order to flash it, you had to compromise the overall look and quality?

So technically this isn't finished?

You meant it to be different, but in order to flash it, you had to compromise the overall look and quality?

That may be what you think, but I think that it adds to the hall and makes it more interesting.