Sign in to follow this  
ER0L

MOC: Concept Car - Convertible Minivan

indexed.gif V-LV-54E

It began as another supercar, but then quickly changed into something different. I wondered if I could use the low profile and wheelbase of my supercars to create a 4-seater family van which is roomy enough for an average minifig family (and a dog or cat or some suitcases) but which does not "dwarf" the minifigs too much. This turned out to be possible - but obviously it can't deny its origin, so it can quickly be changed into something more sporty. And there are a few further possibilities, as you will see. So good news for all house builders: Only one garage is needed :wink:

Credits to danthaman11 and SearchFunction, whose fine 4-seaters inspired me. The tilted front is inspired by Ricecracker's awesome Ford GT-40

Tell me what you think about it. Thanks for looking.

6476526305_f40ecddda4_z.jpg

6476531989_b4c902fe08_z.jpg

6476520091_2bef22c78b_z.jpg

6476516605_677ecd85a0_z.jpg

Very interesting concept, 'ER0L'. A convertible minivan? I really like the cars ,especially the yellow and black. I see more of a four seater Veyron then a van, IMO. They look aggressive and seem more super than 'family friendly'. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

A bit too low in profile to be a minivan, but a sweet ride yes.....now this is a great 7 wide....makes me think - longer wheel base....hello V8 muscle car. :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'ER0L' ! :classic:

I love the flexibility of this design and how it can be reconfigured to fit different needs. That seems to be the case with many concept cars these days. I would love to see one in a dark green or brown.

Very unique concept car ER0L. With the multi colored body scheme and sleek profile, this would be right at home at the auto shows. Anytime you can get 4 minifigs to fit in a car type body and have the car look good it is quite an accomplishment in my opinion. Do you have plans to make the car in some other color combinations? I look forward to seeing your future seven wide car designs. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Very interesting concept, 'ER0L'. A convertible minivan? I really like the cars ,especially the yellow and black. I see more of a four seater Veyron then a van, IMO. They look aggressive and seem more super than 'family friendly'. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Thank you very much, Leg Godt Gud. I see your point. The yellow one was meant to look more sporty, but I did want to create family friendly cars with both of them. Perhaps there must be a stronger distinction between the versions.

A bit too low in profile to be a minivan, but a sweet ride yes.....now this is a great 7 wide....makes me think - longer wheel base....hello V8 muscle car. :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'ER0L' ! :classic:

Thank you very much, lightningtiger. The low profile is due to the attempt to design the lowest possible cars which still allow to fit minifigs in. But I agree - one layer more or less can change the whole character of a car like this. Creating a muscle car is a great idea, I will try this as soon as possible. Perhaps the wheelbase is already long enough (6 studs between the mudguards like the supercars), the cab can easily be moved backwards. Thanks for this nice inspiration!

I love the flexibility of this design and how it can be reconfigured to fit different needs. That seems to be the case with many concept cars these days. I would love to see one in a dark green or brown.

Thank you very much, bootz. There will be some different colors - I thought of an orange version, but I like your suggestions very much. I will give it a try.

Nice work ER0L! :thumbup:

The yellow car is very capacious with four minifigs *oh2*

Clever building technique! :classic:

Thank you, LEGO Train 12 Volts. I appreciate your comment very much. Glad you like the technique.

Very unique concept car ER0L. With the multi colored body scheme and sleek profile, this would be right at home at the auto shows. Anytime you can get 4 minifigs to fit in a car type body and have the car look good it is quite an accomplishment in my opinion. Do you have plans to make the car in some other color combinations? I look forward to seeing your future seven wide car designs. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thank you, danthaman 11, I am glad you like it. Hopefully there will be some other combinations. I think the seven wide scheme is something that can be further developed - hopefully I achieve some day to design a "real seven wide" like yours without mudguards :wink:

I love that yellow and black car! Always like to see 7 wide cars, very nice details. :thumbup:

Thank you very much, HighFlyer. Glad you appreciate it. Yeah, the yellow one seems to be much more liked than the red one. I think the 7 wide scheme works well, not only in terms of putting some figs in - a major advantage of a 7 wide is that you have room for a strong middle beam so that the sides can be designed more freely. Now I would like to be able to omit the mudguards (to get "real" 7 wides) and keep the whole thing low which still seems quite difficult to me ...