Dan Church

Warron's River Stronghold

On the eastern bank of the babbling Warron's River sits a Royal Stronghold. This stronghold is a testament to the growing architecture of the Kingdom in it's use of arches and off axis walls to follow the river. On the west bank sits a house on the outside of the village in which a family lives. livestock raised in their fields provide for them.

Just a typical Medieval Home and stronghold.

dscn0222.jpg

dscn0234.jpg

dscn0241.jpg

dscn0225.jpg

dscn0232.jpg

dscn0251.jpg

dscn0255.jpg

Builder's notes:

My largest Layout to date. I have built in castle before, but I really wanted to see what I could do if I went all out, and here's the result. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome.

If you live in the Chicagoland area of the USA, you can come out to the Batavia Public Library on January the 28th, 2012. Between 10am and 4pm! I will be displaying along with a few other Brick heads such as Dave and John Xandegar, John Thornton, and Jeff Viens.

Thank you!

Nice work Dan. Great use of 2x2 tiles inbetween the arches, it gives a nice texture. The general layout is very well done and the bend in the river is very natural.

Minor complaint: that fedora looks somewhat out of place. But that's me really being harsh, overall the MOC is excellent! :thumbup:

Wow!

I honestly thought you've been a life long Castler - your stuff has been incredible... and this is no exception...

those sheep in particular I thought were really nicely executed.

I'm really liking all the little touches you have going... the only suggestion I could make is maybe angle the tiles infront of the fort gate so it's parallel to the gate - it's a bit tougher to do - but I think it'd look that much nicer :)

Wonderful construction, great details on windows and walls, perfect bridge, and neat animals creations. :thumbup:

Very nice creation! I like the overall look of it. The castle is really nice and the little details, like the girl feeding the chickens is great!

How is the river made? With tiles under transclear 1x1 plates? It´s so nice! Looks like a streaming water!

How is the river made? With tiles under transclear 1x1 plates?

Close, its blue and medium blue bricks underneath a bagillion 1x2 clear plates.

Great to see you continually challenge yourself to go bigger and better Dan, hope to have a chat at Brickworld next year.

Close, its blue and medium blue bricks underneath a bagillion 1x2 clear plates.

A very effective solution :thumbup:

There is a wealth of lovely techniques in here - nice touches on the castle walls, the wooden staircase inside the castle, the gentle quarter round shape of the cow pen, the variations in colour of the gently undulating stream (and the bulrushes are a nice touch too!).. etc. You've even got a weatherboard feel to the upper story of the house. :thumbup: I like the subtle stripe in the base as well. Great work!

It's great, the house and the stronghold are really nice. What stands out most is the tile-wall of the stronghold!

Edited by Ecclesiastes