Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#19: Let's Start a Riot

Tesni roared and rushed at the Caravan Captain from the front row, knowing her faithful blade could make short work of her foe. "By the power of Cysgodion and the Hightribe!" she shouted.

(OoC: As it seems a lot of actions happen in my sleep period of 11pm to 7am GMT, please direct Tesni wisely if needs must. I have two Pheonix Essence that can be used in a pinch and a 2x damage bonus with my Darkness element sword that means humans better watch out! I would appreciate being able to play but I do not want to slow you down too much, we can put silence down to the Berserker's way!)

<I won't rush us too much (I hope), so you should have time to respond almost everything! The game should be fun for everyone involved!>

Edited by Zepher

Jess grinned at the prospect of battle. As she drew Blohdhurm, it gave a red glow, and radiated heat. She swung at Caravan Soldier A from the front row.

DSCN0069.jpg

"You say you look forward to battle and yet target the weakest opponent. Very revealing, Jess," Wren whispers in the Elf's ear.

DSCN0069.jpg

"You say you look forward to battle and yet target the weakest opponent. Very revealing, Jess," Wren whispers in the Elf's ear.

Is it not more sensible to reduce the number of your foes quickly, so they have little time to strike back?

I turn to Skrall

Just like old times, eh? HYAH!

I attack the Caravan Soldier © from the Front Row with my Whip.

"Tesni has the leader. I trust her. Now shut up and let me fight, bitch."

Hans leading the charge, Skrall barks out the plan of attack. "Hans if you can make quick work of that bomb totin' soldier, I'd be appreciative. Ms. Hightribe finish off that captain as quick as ya can. The rest of ya choose yer targets wisely, we need to finish off each of these blokes before another six arrive next round. Haldor, keep that burly chap at the end busy we don't want him inspirin' his mates."

With that Skrall loads a bolt into his crossbow and sights Caravan Soldier B down the quarrel from the Back Row. Feeling full of energy he also holds another bolt in his hand preparing to fire a second shot at Caravan Soldier D from the Back Row as well.

Battle Order:

Hans

Tensi

Skrall

Jess

Dyric

Hoke

Haldor

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Shut your mouth! You are a coward! Of course you insult us from afar, but are too afraid to insult Jess to my face. :angry:

I will srike at Caravan Soldier E from the front row, and unlike you Wren, we fight where our opponents can see us." :hmpf:

Haldor unslings his heavy metal rod, and raises it into an offensive stance.

"Just wait Wren, when we find you, you will pay. Jess is far more brave and strong than you, and when we come I will punish you for insulting her. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen, but-" :wub:

Haldor trails off into mumble praises of Jess's exellence. He holds her hand and prepares for the fight.

Edited by Scorpiox

Round 1 of Caravan Fight

Hans v. Caravan Soldier C – Miss

Tensi v. Caravan Captain – Hit

Skrall v. Caravan Soldier B – Damage

Skrall v. Caravan Soldier D – Hit

Jess v. Caravan Soldier A – Shield

Dyric v. Caravan Soldier C – Special Damage

Hoke v. Caravan Soldier E – Hit

Haldor v. Caravan Soldier E B – Miss

The battle commences. Startled by the heroes, one off the horses breaks free and runs by Hans, throwing him off balance. Tesni saunters up to the Caravan Captain and swings her mighty sword downwards, cleaving his body literally in half. Purple mist hisses off the exposed flesh. Skrall quickly fires twice, his first shot missing as Caravan Soldier B deflects the bolt and skims Skrall. Though his tough skin takes most of the damage, the Ogre is wounded (-4). His other bolt flies true and passes through Caravan Soldier D’s head, killing him instantly. Jess likewise strikes true and kills Caravan Soldier A, picking up 12 gold as Haldor looks on. Dyric’s whip flies too far and gets lodged in a piece of wood from the caravan, and Caravan Soldier C takes advantage of his position and slides his sword between Dyric’s two lowest ribs and then rips it out, blood trailing (-7). “I am sorry, but you chose your side,” the soldier says bitterly. Hoke whacks Caravan Soldier E twice with his shield, setting him off balance, and afterwards neatly decapitates his opponent. Haldor is distracted by Jess’ lovely body. Six reinforcements rush up.

The Enemies

Caravan Captain B

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
40/40

Special:
Coordinated attack – Does 3 damage to attacker, and saps 2 damage and 2 ether from everyone in the same row as attacker.

Drops:
Nothing

Caravan Soldier B

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
17/17

Special:
Parry – Does 2 damage to attacker

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier C

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
12/12

Special:
Bomb – Does 1 damage to all on the field

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier F

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
17/17

Special:

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier G

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
12/12

Special:
Parry – Does 2 damage to attacker

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier H

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
12/12

Special:
Rally – Gives encouraged affect for next round

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier I

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
20/20

Special:
Rally – Gives encouraged affect for next round

Drops:
2 Gold

Caravan Soldier J

Type:
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
20/20

Special:

Drops:
2 Gold

The Party

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by WaterBrickDown)

Level 10 Ranger (Party Leader)
*Hastened*

Power
: 19 (+4 Against Beasts)

Health
: 11/15

Gold
: 3

Inventory
: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:9, +4 vs. Beasts), Potion (4), Remedy (1), Tonic (1), Smelling Salts (1), Smoke Bomb (1), Water Bomb (1), Lightning Bomb (1), Ice Bomb (1), Holy Bomb (1), Skeleton Decoy (1), Phoenix Smoke (1)

tesniav2.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(played by Peppermint_M)

Level 15 Berserker (Back-Up Party Leader)

Power
: 25

Health
: 31/31

Gold
: 180

Inventory
: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 10, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), Mockthril Shield (SP:5) 2 Phoenix Essence, 3 Potions, 3 Mead,3 Venom, 2 Nostrum

haldor__skovgaard.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 11 1/2 Cleric

Power
: 22 (21+1)

Health
: 19/19

Ether
: 13/18 (14+3)

Gold
: 70

Inventory
: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:10), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health, unequipped), Spike Coller (+1 power), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion, Remedy, Venom and a fur-lined bedroll

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword
(played by UsernameMDM)

Level 12 Knight

Power
: 22

Health
: 23/23(+1)

Gold
: 146

Inventory
: Vintul, the Greatsword of Wind (Great sword: WP 10), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler(Shield: SP 5), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Emerald, Aquamarine, Phoenix Essence, 4x Potion, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope,Phoenix Essence (1)

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpg

Jess Islanti
(played by Cralegoboy)

Level 12 1/2 Rogue

Power
: 21 + 1

Health
: 18/18

Gold
: 23

Inventory
: Blohdhurm (WP: 8)(Fire elemental), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Potion, Mead, Fire Bomb, Smelling Salts, 2 Remedies.

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(played by Legonator)

Level 6 Rogue

Power
: 11

Health
: 5/12

Gold
: 283

Inventory
: Double Chain Whip (WP: 5), Throwing Knife (WP: 3), Longsword (WP: 3), Venom, Smelling Salts, Pre-Rolled Loaded Die, Holy Bomb

DSCN0060.jpg

Hans (Host controlled NPC)

Level 10 Wren Fighter

Power
: 16

Health
: 40/40

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Sword (WP: 6), Potion x2

NOTE: Shield – Fury, does five damage to first five opponents

DSCN0069.jpg

“Not terrible heroes. I like your berserker. Tesni is it? I’ll keep an eye on you, honey. Your sword is quite pretty. Dyric, dear, I’m so sorry, that must hurt terribly,” Wren hisses merrily in their ears.

DSCN0060.jpg

“That’s four soldiers killed, and one extra troop to us. Not a bad first round. We all must target different soldiers this round though.”

Gold Dropped so far: 6

Soldiers Killed so far: 4

Haldor, frustrated at missing his target, goes for Caravan Soldier I from the front row. He pulls back, ready for the battle. He is distracted again for a moment, to praise Jess on her skill, but then trails off into more praises about how lovely she is. :wub:

He prepares himself, and attempts to stop staring at Jess long enough to fight the soldiers.

EDIT: Aarrrggghh! The 'I' didn't make it through the copy and pasting. :look:

Edited by Scorpiox

I've updated my post. :blush:

Haldor realises that he'd been to busy staring at Jess to properly mount his attack. He shook his head to try and concentrate and mounted his attack on Caravan soldier I from the front row.

"Alright chaps, I've got two stratagies, we can either take each of these fellows one by one or we can clear this troop here and now. If we should go with the latter plan then listen closely. Hoke, Jess, Dyric and myself shall all throw bombs this turn wiping out soldiers B, C, F, G, H, and J. Haldor and Hans shall finish off soldier I and Ms. Hightribe will eliminate their leader. What say ya all, shall we employ this daring plan?"

OOC: Was Dyric's Loaded die taken into account during the last round?

<No, thank you for reminding me! :blush: I just rolled for him again, it was damage again. I'll remember the next few rounds, thank you! Is a "pre-rolled loaded die" any different from a normal loaded die?>

At the words from Wren Cysgodion flared angrily and an enraged Tesni headed towards Caravan Captain B. The first captains blood still slid down Cysgodion's blade, hissing into smoke as it reached the dark stone on the hilt. Growling in unearthly tones, sword and berserker were ready for more.

Ignoring Wren, I lob a bomb at Soldier B, F, G, H and J from the back row.

Yeah, if you look at the stats 'pre-rolled' is crossed out- it was an old referance the Doc would probably get.

Edited by The Legonater

<Bombs do not target specific enemies normally, they target groups. You must pick five soldiers for it to do five damage to. Those soldiers will be considered "untargetted", and if not targeted by others they will get free hits this turn.>

<Bombs do not target specific enemies normally, they target groups. You must pick five soldiers for it to do five damage to. Those soldiers will be considered "untargetted", and if not targeted by others they will get free hits this turn.>

Post has been edited.

Skrall sees Dyric prepare to lob his bomb at the soldiers. "Dyric you can target 1 more soldier, I would suggest takin' out Caravan soldier C as well. It looks like bombs away, so Jess and Hoke let 'em have it. Hans, see if you can get rid of that encouragin' troop I over there, we don't want 'im rallyin' his companions." Skrall reaches into his satchel and removes his lightning bomb, with a grunt he hurls the contraption at Caravan Soldiers B, C, F, G, H, and J. Seeing Dyric moving slower from his wounds Skrall also uses a potion on Dyric.

Battle Order:

Skrall

Tensi

Dyric

Hoke

Jess

Haldor

Hans

OOC: We aren't bombing the Captain, Tensi will take care of him on her own. If the rest of you can make sure you target Soldiers B, C, F, G, H, and I with your bombs, we can hopefully wipe these guys out. And I think you mean 6 targets not 5, oh voice in the sky. Correct? :wink:

With a look of bitter disappointment on his face, Hoke, heaves a fire bomb at the enemy soldiers.

Hoke uses his fire bomb on B, C, F, G, H, and J

He then heaves Vintul up in guard, anticipating his next chance to charge headlong into battle.

<Yes, the voice in the sky meant five additional targets, sorry.>

Skrall is somewhat confused, he had originally thought that at the beginning of the battle, that any bombs the party would throw would have a radius of effect about the size of a contingent of 6 soldiers, but for some strange reason a subconscious part of him was saying only 5 would be within the range. :wacko:

Edit: Suddenly the fog clears and Skrall is sure that given the trajectory, wind speed, and the percent humidity within the air, a thrown bomb will hit 6 targets.

OOC: Now I'm unconfused.

<He specified one target, should have had him ADD five, said five instead, whoops...>