Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

"We better defend ourselves here, and the best defence is a good offence. I'll attack Kitchen Rat (White) from the front row."

To bad he didn't had time to take that Nostrum, Maurice thought as he was advancing towards the rat. He knew the statistics weren't with him in battles...

I'll also attack Kitchen rat(white) from the front row. I think we should try to kill all the rats before we move on to the larger targets.

"Seeing as there are six in our party and six foes, do you not think it would be better for each of us to attack a different target?"

"On second thoughts, I shall attack the Pirate Maid from the back row with Darkness instead. I am sure that a stronger hero than I could do more damage to our most powerful enemy."

Eric grins as he unsheaths Godricsleif, his mighty greatsword. A cold aura surrounded the blade. Eric shouted the battle order as he prepared to charge the enemy head-on.

"Everyone, pick a single target so they don't get any free hits on us!"

Battle order:

Eric

Ad-Hoh

Christopher

Hybros

Erdathcath

Maurice

Eric will attack the Pirate Chef from the first row.

I think it would be a good idea to give all the enemies quite a beating, so Eric can I use a Fire Bomb from the back row?

If not, I'll just attack the maid from the back row.

"Actually, I think we could focus on the most dangerous enemies since I have this skeleton decoy here, but of course it's up to you, Eric. Maybe we should attack one enemy each while we can, and save the decoy for later."

Hybros hopped to the back row, drawing his throwing knife. He hadn't used it yet in battle, but had hopefully perfected his aim in practice.

"I'll throw my throwing knife at the Kitchen Rat (Brown) from the back row!"

If not, I'll just attack the maid from the back row.

"I am already attacking the maid, young elf."

"I think we should save the skeleton decoy for a time when we may be outnumbered. It will be more useful then."

"I am already attacking the maid, young elf."

"I think we should save the skeleton decoy for a time when we may be outnumbered. It will be more useful then."

Oops, missed that. If I can't use my Fire bomb, I'll just attack the Brown rat. From the back row.

Hybros wondered if Erdathcath was deaf. He had always heard that elves had extremely sensitive hearing.

"Eheh... I'm already targeting the brown rat..."

Hybros wondered if Erdathcath was deaf. He had always heard that elves had extremely sensitive hearing.

"Eheh... I'm already targeting the brown rat..."

Well then, I guess I shall just use a Fire bomb, as all the enemies are already targeted...

Hybros rolls his eyes. Deaf and blind? He started to have second thoughts about this elf. Of course, he tried to sound polite as he pointed out that there were still the Light Gray and Dark Gray rats that had yet to be targeted.

"Save that bomb for when we really need it, friend."

Hybros rolls his eyes. Deaf and blind? He started to have second thoughts about this elf. Of course, he tried to sound polite as he pointed out that there were still the Light Gray and Dark Gray rats that had yet to be targeted.

Oh, dear, I am quite sorry, I didn't sleep very well the past few days. I will attack the Rat Light Gray from the Back row.

I must get some good rest after this quest.

Results of Round One of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Chef - Extra Critical Hit

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Special Damage

Christopher vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Damage

>Hybros (Throwing Knife) vs. Kitchen Rat (Brown) - Critical Hit

>Erdathcath vs. Kitchen Rat (Light Grey) - Critical Hit

Maurice vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Special Guard (Fail)

Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Free Hit against Eric

The battle in the kitchen begins. Eric scores a massive hit against the chef right off the bat, dealing 36 damage. Ad-Hoh tries to cast a spell on the Pirate Maid, but she screams for help. Since the mage is standing on the back row, all five of the maid's allies only hit him for 1 damage each, causing him to lose 5 health. Christopher is attacked by the white rat that he targeted, but he only loses 1 health thanks to the protection of his shield. Hybros throws his knife with lethal accuracy, dealing 20 damage to the brown kitchen rat. Likewise, Erdathcath shoots her arrow true, causing 19 damage to the light grey rat. Maurice is bitten by the white rat, and not even his special resistance can prevent him from getting poisoned. He subsequently loses 1 health because of the poisoning. The remaining rat gets a free hit on Eric, causing 5 damage to the barbarian.

All six enemies still remain.

Enemies:

Kitchen Rat (White)

Type: Vermin

Level: 5

Health: 26/26

Special:
Foul Bite
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: nothing

Kitchen Rat (Brown)

Health: 6/26

Special:
Foul Bite
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Kitchen Rat (Light Grey)

Health: 7/26

Special:
Foul Bite

Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey)

Special:
Foul Bite

Pirate Chef

Type: Humanoid

Level: 10

Health: 90/126

Special I:
Sausage Fest
– The Chef throws scorching hot sausages all around, causing 5 damage to all opponents regardless of row.

Special II:
Slice’n’Dice
– Halves the target’s current health.

Drops: Greasy Sausage (eating it will give +2 max. health)

Note: The special skills will occur in the listed order

Pirate Maid

Level: 8

Health: 69/69

Special:
Scream For Help
– All remaining allies of the maid will attack the one who targeted her, each causing 2 damage. If no allies are left, the maid will flee.

Drops: Elixir

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 10½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
9/14

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 9 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
17/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 9 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

eric_small.jpg

Eric
(played by Khorne) *Party Leader*

Level 12½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
15/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP:8,
ice-elemental
), Potion, 2 Meads, 2 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10 Rogue

Power:
20 (15 for ranged weapons)

Health:
18/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5),
Throwing Knife (WP:5)
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6274181516_11b6a760ac_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power:

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Ether:
13/13

Gold:

Inventory:
Diamond Mace (WP:4,
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, 2 Rums, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Again, Ad-Hoh tries to attack the Pirate Maid from the back row with Darkness.

"Heheh... looks like that practice paid off. Now I'll attack the Kitchen Rat (Dark Gray) with Zoot's Reaper from the front row."

"That nasty rat bit me! I hope I don't catch the plague!"

Maurice will attack the Kitchen Rat (White) from the front row again.

Eric will attack the Chef again.

Battle order:

Eric

Ad-Hoh

Christopher

Hybros

Erdathcath

Maurice

Results of Round Two of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Chef - Damage

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Miss

Christopher vs. Kitchen Rat (Brown) - Shield (Sentinel)

Hybros vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Damage

>Erdathcath vs. Kitchen Rat (Light Grey) - Critical Hit

Maurice vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Shield (Miracle)

As the battle goes on, the chef gets an opening in the duel against Eric, hurting the barbarian for 10 damage. Ad-Hoh's spell misses the maid. Seeing his companions in trouble Sir Christopher takes the Sentinel-stance, protecting everyone from direct damage for the next round. The dark grey kitchen rat manages to hurt Hybros for 5 damage, but Erdathcath scores a critical shot against the light grey rat, finishing it off. Maurice makes the situation better by receiving a miracle from Ennoc, which restores each party member's health by 17. He still suffers from the poisoning, though, so he loses one more health.

Five enemies stand.

Enemies:

Kitchen Rat (White)

Special:
Foul Bite

Kitchen Rat (Brown)

Health: 6/26

Special:
Foul Bite

Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey)

Special:
Foul Bite

Pirate Chef

Health: 90/126

Special I:
Sausage Fest
– The Chef throws scorching hot sausages all around, causing 5 damage to all opponents regardless of row.

Special II:
Slice’n’Dice

Pirate Maid

Health: 69/69

Special:
Scream For Help
– All remaining allies of the maid will attack the one who targeted her, each causing 2 damage. If no allies are left, the maid will flee.

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 10½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
14/14

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 9 Knight
*Sentinel*

Power:

Defence:

Health:
18/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 9 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 12½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10 Rogue

Power:

Health:
18/18

Gold:

Inventory:
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power:

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Ether:
13/13

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, 2 Rums, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"Seeing as I am back to full health and cannot take damage this round, I shall once again attack that annoying Pirate Maid from the back row with Darkness."

"Thank you Ennoc, blessed be us who receive your light in this dark place!"

Maurice will attack Kitchen Rat (White) from the front row again.

"I will attack the dark grey rat from the front with Zoot's Reaper again!"

OoC: I'm moving the battle on, since it's been well over 24 hours.

Results of Round Four of the Pirate Kitchen Battle:

Eric vs. Pirate Chef - Miss

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Maid - Great Spell

Christopher vs. Kitchen Rat (Brown) - Hit

Hybros vs. Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey) - Special Damage

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Chef - Aim

Maurice vs. Kitchen Rat (White) - Critical Hit

The party is protected by Sir Christopher's Sentinel-ability this round. Eric misses his swing, but Ad-Hoh finally manages to connect his spell of darkness against the Pirate Maid. The maid screams as the darkness consumes a whopping 40 health from her. Christopher slays the brown rat with his attack. The dark grey rat manages to take a foul bite off of Hybros, poisoning the rogue. Erdathcath aims well at the chubby chef, causing 5 damage to him. Maurice's critical hit causes 17 damage against the white kitchen rat. Both Maurice and Hybros suffer from the poisoning, both losing 1 health since Sentinel does not protect from negative effects.

Four enemies still remain.

Enemies:

Kitchen Rat (White)

Health: 9/26

Special:
Foul Bite

Kitchen Rat (Dark Grey)

Special:
Foul Bite

Pirate Chef

Health: 85/126

Special I:
Sausage Fest

Special II:
Slice’n’Dice

Pirate Maid

Health: 29/69

Special:
Scream For Help

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 10½ Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
14/14

Ether:
13/14

Gold:

Inventory:

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 9 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
18/18

Gold:

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 9 Ranger

Power:

Health:
15/15

Gold:

Inventory:

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 12½ Barbarian

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10 Rogue

Power:

Health:
17/18
*poisoned*

Gold:

Inventory:

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 9 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/18
*poisoned*

Ether:
13/13

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental