El Bucanero

Progress of The Acheron Part III

thindexedgif.gif 20c

I think it is time to complete the trilogy...The next topic about the Acheron will be about her in completed state....

A shot from the left side....bah such an inferior picture quality :-X NVM...

acheron_left_side3.jpg

acheron_stern3.jpg

The front, so bloody difficult...

acheron_front.jpg

I like this angle...

acheron_left_side3.2.jpg

She is nearly completed!

I added this sails for an immpression how it would look, all my paper custom sails got ripped and I`m to lazy to make new ones at the moment

Stay tuned for more pictures!

Mr Tiber

By god... thats a huge ship. I love the structuring you use to build up the ship. The only thing I don't like is the repetion of the cannons along the side. It looks kind of plain, but perhaps because it is such a large ship, it is meant to be like this. I can't wait to see it with Figs and the correct sails... that should make it look much better!!!

I wouldn't even know where to start on that beast!

Part III... At long last its here...

How much more till its done though?

Depends on bricklink....23 more cannons(!) and 21 more gun ports...4 more latticed window panes, and good sail material(not from bricklink)

well, i just saw master and commander for the first time, and i think that your ship no offense, looks a little to bulky to be the acheron...

Depends on bricklink....23 more cannons(!) and 21 more gun ports...4 more latticed window panes, and good sail material(not from bricklink)

Surely you've ran out of cannons by now since all 22 are in use with the HMS Unpredictable. Unless of course the HMS Unpredictable has since been decommissioned...

Glad to see you have found the time to continue your work on the Archeron.

It's becoming quite a powerful vessel Mr. Tiber.

I can think of no remarks, since it looks very good.

I'm looking forward to see some pictures with a crew on board.

Looks VERY good! I love the sides and the bow spirt. If I had to find soething to be critical of... I'd say the 4x4 roundy things on the mizzen look a bit too wide (in my opinion) but that beastie would be a real threat to anyone you'd play EvilStevies Pirate game with.....wanna play?

Thanks for your comments!

well, i just saw master and commander for the first time, and i think that your ship no offense, looks a little to bulky to be the acheron...

Believe it or not, but I also have that feeling. I think the Acheron isn't easy to build on a standard hull.

And the windows... I wish lego made 3 x 3 x3 windows with latticed window panes for it...

What do you think that should be different to make it look more like the Acheron??

Surely you've ran out of cannons by now since all 22 are in use with the HMS Unpredictable. Unless of course the HMS Unpredictable has since been decommissioned...

That ship sank....and I don't understand you... :-P

Looks VERY good! I love the sides and the bow spirt. If I had to find soething to be critical of... I'd say the 4x4 roundy things on the mizzen look a bit too wide (in my opinion) but that beastie would be a real threat to anyone you'd play EvilStevies Pirate game with.....wanna play?

Thank you! I wish there was a way to make masts taller in a different way.

And yes, I wanna play :-D

I find the 2x2 roundy thingys with the longest technic pin you can find. works pretty good, and fairly solid as long as you have some proper stays and shrouds attached (either plastic or string) to help with the height. The masts on my HMS Challenger are at least 4 feet and surprisingly I can pick up the ship (carefully) and move it between locations as my wife kicks me out of each room I take over to work on it. I don't even bother with the prefab pirate mast now, except for the bowspirt. Although a seven year old running at full tilt and "accidentally" hitting the bowspirt usually makes a spectacular amount of collateral damage. Kinda reminds me of the scene where the Surprise takes out the Acherons Mainmast in Master and Commander.....creeeeek...groan....smash!

Believe it or not, but I also have that feeling. I think the Acheron isn't easy to build on a standard hull.

And the windows... I wish lego made 3 x 3 x3 windows with latticed window panes for it...

What do you think that should be different to make it look more like the Acheron??

That ship sank....and I don't understand you... :-P

Thank you! I wish there was a way to make masts taller on a other way

And yes, I wanna play :-D

it's just, it looks a litle to wide to be the acheron, so i 'd see if i could experiment with a smaller hull. my impesion was that it was thin, but tALL, and thats how it has all that stuff in the movie.

I believe its a holder, we used to use them to show off cell phones at a store I used to work at.

Most 44 gun frigates looked kinda puffed up and where usually quite a bit wider that a typical frigate since they where usually razeed ships of the line. Also with those larger cannons they'd need to be supported with a larger hull otherwise the ship would snap in half under the extra weight, never a good thing when at sea to have your ship come apart :)

it's just, it looks a litle to wide to be the acheron, so i 'd see if i could experiment with a smaller hull. my impesion was that it was thin, but tALL, and thats how it has all that stuff in the movie.

by the way, i'm building a new flagship, at very high expense, and i was wondering how many midle plates i should use for a twelve gunner?

I believe its a holder, we used to use them to show off cell phones at a store I used to work at.

It is....

by the way, i'm building a new flagship, at very high expense, and i was wondering how many midle plates i should use for a twelve gunner?

I think 3 or 4 would be sufficient... It also depends on the distance you keep between 2 cannons....

You haven't show the HMS Sabre yet, and you're already building another ship? Interresting...But when are you going to show us the Sabre?

So what else is left to be to the the Acheron, Mr Tiber?

I believe, the things I mentioned is all...

I only need 23 more cannons, 23 more gun ports, 4 lattice window panes and custom sails... And I still have to finish the front...

I only need 23 more cannons, 23 more gun ports, 4 lattice window panes and custom sails... And I still have to finish the front...

Will you sacrifice one of your other ships (or the Archeron) to build the HMS Unclaimable Mr. Tiber?

Will you sacrifice one of your other ships (or the Archeron) to build the HMS Unclaimable Mr. Tiber?

1. I won't

2.The only ships I have are the Acheron, the Red Peril and La Flor blanca (made on white AF hull).

The only one I could sacrifice is the Acheron...

And what of the crew? Are you going to add one?

And what of the crew? Are you going to add one?

Yes, at the moment I'm trying to put all my history and adventure minfigs(including pirates offcourse) on a XL baseplate, that's why there is no crew on it yet...

It is....

I think 3 or 4 would succeed... It also depends on the distance you keep between 2 cannons....

You haven't show the HMS Sabre yet, and you're already building another ship? Interresting...But when are you going to show us the Sabre?

i cant't any more... :'-( it was sunk by the imperial armada, but i am creating a new flagship, the HMS Orion (well, not sure what to call it , but at the moment its the orion) so we can take our revenge on the armada. :-P

Take that Phes! you are no longer safe :-P !

i cant't any more... :'-( it was sunk by the imperial armada, but i am creating a new flagship, the HMS Orion (well, not sure what to call it , but at the moment its the orion) so we can take our revenge on the armada. :-P

I saw a ship called orion before, this one:

orion1.jpg

Take that Phes! you are no longer safe :-P !
Please bare in mind, mr Phes isn't a shipless admiral, the Imperial Armada also has big ships!(La Victoria per example)

the orion is a type of say, pre production name, and the final name might be diferent. and i think that the orion and a boarding party of blue coats and red coats could sort it out.