TalonCard

From Almaak to Zotax: all the planets in the LEGO galaxies...

I think that it will be better, because you need to be contemporary in order to not go into a trouble.

Think this over: Aquasharks always been kinda pirates, but how did they appeared on a planet that full of water together with peaceful Aquanaut miners?

Also I think that Aquaraiders are affiliate faction of Spyrius or Blacktron who been sent to overtake Aquasharks and deal with mining operations once and for all.

Stingrays could possibly be not native people, but somethnig like Insectoids: an isolated expedition that forced to adapt.

All good points. Aquasharks show up on Holox in the Insectoid Invasion book, so the water factions aren't necessarily confined to one planet. IIRC Aquaraiders had some of the heads from the Spyrius figures, for whatever that's worth. I've tried to clarify the present nature of the destroyed worlds this time around.

I've added Zark, Ogel, and Omega to the list, all from the Captain Indigo feature in the old Bricks 'n Pieces magazine. I had no idea that Brickset had an archive of old magazines; it's a really useful resource that's well worth checking out. Apparently the old Castle sets had a bit of storyline to go with them--who knew?

TC

Have you considered that perhaps, even more so than different planets, the Lego universe exists in different dimensions? That could explain the time and terrain variations.

You may have said no moons, but I think That Galaxy city deserves a mention in this somewhere. As for the name of the asteroid its located on, I presume that its Ceres, as it is curricular, and is deep in the asteroid belt.

Oh, we're most definitely the bad guys, robbing rock monsters of their primary source of nutrition, enforcing our laws on every other race in the galaxy, and powering our vehicles with Martian corpses. :devil:

I'm pretty sure that Exo Force took place on Earth, presumably in Japan, sometime in the future, although that was never really established. Then again, the technology that all the mechs and robots are based on were supposedly found hidden in the jungle, so unless an advanced alien race or a time-traveler hid it there, it would suggest that this is a partly uncharted planet. Ninjago takes place on present-day Earth, in the mystical land called Ninjago.

As for Aquazone, there was a Time Cruisers story in Europe where the Time Cruisers travel to the Aquazone. Their time machine is able to travel through both time and space, but I don't think it would take them to a far-off planet, so I'd assume that it's on Earth in the future.

Edit: Also, Atlantis takes place on Earth, and there is a skeleton with an Auaraiders helmet in the Portal set, so Aquaraiders were definitely on Earth too.

Those aren't martians. Those are evil aliens that invaded Mars to harvest power crystals, just like the humans. The martians were curiously absent throughout the conflict.

Ninjago takes place on the planet Ninjago. Both the comic "The Challenge of Samukai" and the LEGO Universe video game have confirmed this.

According to the creator of the Aquazone theme (don't remember the source, I know I read it somewhere on Eurobricks, I think in an old Seatron thread...), Aquazone was intended to take place on an aquatic planet.

The 2007 Aquaraiders theme was already confirmed to take place on Earth before Atlantis. Its website said it was in the Bermuda Triangle.

Edit: This is directed at the creator of the thread: I think it would be a good idea to add moons and other significant locations instead of just planets. I'm pretty sure that there have been some alien races mentioned to live on some moons, so they're pretty important. Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Also, maybe add names for the fragments of destroyed planets like Crux and Spherus Magna? Just a thought.

Edited by Play With Fire

Have you considered that perhaps, even more so than different planets, the Lego universe exists in different dimensions? That could explain the time and terrain variations.

That's certainly one possible interpretation. I tend to favor the idea that all LEGO themes exist in the same universe at different times and places. LEGO itself frequently uses this idea; whether it's through a theme like Time Cruisers, having different LEGO characters be descendants of one another (Ogel and Vladek, Flatfoot Thompson and Redbeard) or through an indication of time passing within the theme, as with the Classic Space statue in Space Police.

The notion that the technic themes like Bionicle, Throwbots, and Hero Factory might exist in the same universe is a little unusual, but since they all take place on different planets the possibility is there.

You may have said no moons, but I think That Galaxy city deserves a mention in this somewhere. As for the name of the asteroid its located on, I presume that its Ceres, as it is curricular, and is deep in the asteroid belt.

Is that the city from Space Police?

Ninjago takes place on the planet Ninjago. Both the comic "The Challenge of Samukai" and the LEGO Universe video game have confirmed this.

Edit: This is directed at the creator of the thread: I think it would be a good idea to add moons and other significant locations instead of just planets. I'm pretty sure that there have been some alien races mentioned to live on some moons, so they're pretty important. Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Also, maybe add names for the fragments of destroyed planets like Crux and Spherus Magna? Just a thought.

I'm all for including more information on the list...are there any particularly significant non-planet locations that should be noted? I remember there was an M-Tron nebula mentioned in the collectable minifig bios...

Interesting note on Ninjago. Is it a planet in and of itself, or is it a fragment of Crux?

TC

I'm all for including more information on the list...are there any particularly significant non-planet locations that should be noted? I remember there was an M-Tron nebula mentioned in the collectable minifig bios...

Interesting note on Ninjago. Is it a planet in and of itself, or is it a fragment of Crux?

TC

There are some significant moons and planetoids that showed up in Hero Factory that I think are worth mentioning. You can find them here: http://hf.biosector01.com/wiki/Locations

On the map of Nimbus System it shows Ninjago as a fragment, but it is not intended to be a part of Crux. The planet was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, and it can be seen in its entirety in a panel of The Challenge of Samukai. It looks a lot like Earth, but the continents are clearly different.

Interesting. Is the Ninjago fragment on the Nimbus map the same as the Ninjago planet seen in the comic? Do they look different?

TC

That's certainly one possible interpretation. I tend to favor the idea that all LEGO themes exist in the same universe at different times and places. LEGO itself frequently uses this idea; whether it's through a theme like Time Cruisers, having different LEGO characters be descendants of one another (Ogel and Vladek, Flatfoot Thompson and Redbeard) or through an indication of time passing within the theme, as with the Classic Space statue in Space Police.

The notion that the technic themes like Bionicle, Throwbots, and Hero Factory might exist in the same universe is a little unusual, but since they all take place on different planets the possibility is there.

Think about it as more of a multiverse. Without going into too much boring detail, while LEGO are the binding force in the sea of realities that is LEGO, each theme, while occurring on a planet(s), can exist in its own specific reality. Thus the space theme would exist in that reality and encompass all the planets in that theme. And the pirates could exist in a reality on their planet that occupied their time and space. It's kind of mind blowing, but that could account for the variances.

Think about it as more of a multiverse. Without going into too much boring detail, while LEGO are the binding force in the sea of realities that is LEGO, each theme, while occurring on a planet(s), can exist in its own specific reality. Thus the space theme would exist in that reality and encompass all the planets in that theme. And the pirates could exist in a reality on their planet that occupied their time and space. It's kind of mind blowing, but that could account for the variances.

Oh I get the idea of a multiverse, and that kind of explanation certainly works for stuff like Bionicle and some of the computer games and comics. But the Time Cruisers theme indicates pretty clearly that each theme is intended to represent a historical period within a single continuous history; so Pirates occupies a time period comparable to the 17th or 18th century in the (or if you prefer, a) LEGO universe.

TC

Oh, we're most definitely the bad guys, robbing rock monsters of their primary source of nutrition, enforcing our laws on every other race in the galaxy, and powering our vehicles with Martian corpses. :devil:

Kinda off topic, but I'm pretty sure they're just experimenting on him, rather than using him as a power source. Not sure if that's any more ethical, but that's kinda what we tend to do with newly discovered life-forms. And whether the rock-monsters need those crystals is up for debate; in both themes they hoarded more of the crystals than they needed, and in Power Miners specifically it seemed the crystals were more the sweets to their healthy diet of earth (does that make the vibrating an extreme sugar high?).

Well, looks like the bios for the CMF Series 6 doesn't give us any info about the Lego universe. :sceptic: Oh well, let's see what they'll say about the Space Marine in Series 7...

On the map of Nimbus System it shows Ninjago as a fragment, but it is not intended to be a part of Crux. The planet was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, and it can be seen in its entirety in a panel of The Challenge of Samukai. It looks a lot like Earth, but the continents are clearly different.

Hm, interesting. Good to know that Ninjago is its own planet. It let's me sleep better at night knowing that my Lego City wont be overrun by Skeletons and Snake people in giant vehicles any time soon. :laugh:

Kinda off topic, but I'm pretty sure they're just experimenting on him, rather than using him as a power source. Not sure if that's any more ethical, but that's kinda what we tend to do with newly discovered life-forms. And whether the rock-monsters need those crystals is up for debate; in both themes they hoarded more of the crystals than they needed, and in Power Miners specifically it seemed the crystals were more the sweets to their healthy diet of earth (does that make the vibrating an extreme sugar high?).

Those would be some strange experiments as that device the Martian is hooked up to looks more like a power generator than anything else to me. Either way, it's not very ethical, and the same goes for the rock monsters, whether they need the crystals or not. Chucking dynamite at them, hunting them down, shooting them with water hoses, and locking them up is pretty damn mean, to put it nicely.

Well, looks like the bios for the CMF Series 6 doesn't give us any info about the Lego universe. :sceptic: Oh well, let's see what they'll say about the Space Marine in Series 7...

True, we didn't get any planetary information... :( But I did enjoy the all references to other themes...Intergalactic Girl is apparently the scourge of the Blacktron Forces, for example, and the surgeon has helped heal in the aftermath of the alien and dinosaur invasions. And I love the idea of an alien whose only source of information on his kind are tabloids--brilliant idea! There's a story in there...

TC

Those would be some strange experiments as that device the Martian is hooked up to looks more like a power generator than anything else to me. Either way, it's not very ethical, and the same goes for the rock monsters, whether they need the crystals or not. Chucking dynamite at them, hunting them down, shooting them with water hoses, and locking them up is pretty damn mean, to put it nicely.

Oh, come on; it was shown in the animations that the water and dynamite didn't hurt them much. Those guys are tenacious. Think of them as pests like moles; only instead of messing up your yard, they're messing up the planet!

And of course, keep in mind that Power Miners is rather... cartoony... compared to other themes. The dynamite leaves a black stain, and if the monsters were the type to drop anvils on minifigs I'm sure the miners would be left feeling a little dizzy at worst. :tongue:

Oh, come on; it was shown in the animations that the water and dynamite didn't hurt them much. Those guys are tenacious. Think of them as pests like moles; only instead of messing up your yard, they're messing up the planet!

And of course, keep in mind that Power Miners is rather... cartoony... compared to other themes. The dynamite leaves a black stain, and if the monsters were the type to drop anvils on minifigs I'm sure the miners would be left feeling a little dizzy at worst. :tongue:

True, but there is the fact that the minifigures are the ones invading the monster's habitat. It's rude if nothing else. :wink:

Added Ninjago to the list.

I managed to track down a copy of the comic Jim Spaceborn and the Unknown Galaxy, and added Zonia, Commercia, and new information on Robus from the book to the list. One interesting thing about the book is that the unknown galaxy is controlled by a faction that looks like a proto-Blacktron. They have the same color scheme, black and yellow, and they have black space suits. They're led by a minifig named Kazak and they share Blacktron's status as technological innovators/galactic imperialists/space criminals. Could this be Blacktron Generation 0?

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Not sure if TalonCard is still around, or if this thread is even still relevant, but I think it's time for an update. For instance, the bios for Series 8 finally revealed a new planet: Imperial Throneworld, the Alien Villainess's homeworld and the citadel of her interstellar empire! :sweet: Which is actually kind of confusing since she seems to be the same race as the Alien Conquest aliens who are said to originate from planet X2½. :look: Perhaps that's just what the aliens call their planet?

Not sure if TalonCard is still around, or if this thread is even still relevant, but I think it's time for an update. For instance, the bios for Series 8 finally revealed a new planet: Imperial Throneworld, the Alien Villainess's homeworld and the citadel of her interstellar empire! :sweet: Which is actually kind of confusing since she seems to be the same race as the Alien Conquest aliens who are said to originate from planet X2½. :look: Perhaps that's just what the aliens call their planet?

Hmm, I'd guess X2½ is Imperial Throneworld, like you said. And I think TalonCard is still here, last active June 27, 2012! :classic:

I think TalonCard is still here, last active June 27, 2012! :classic:

Which is over a month ago, and his last post was in February. Doesn't sound very active to me. :sceptic: Oh well, I hope we can keep this thread going without him as I find it fascinating to map out the Lego universe. Has there been any other additions from other sources such as Hero Factory?

If you guys want to feed me info I'd be more than happy to keep this thread going ... to be honest I missed this thread last year. :blush:

If you guys want to feed me info I'd be more than happy to keep this thread going ... to be honest I missed this thread last year. :blush:

Thanks, Simon! Could you add Imperial Throneworld to the list? Also, it might be good to add a link to this thread to the Launchpad. :classic:

Thanks, Simon! Could you add Imperial Throneworld to the list? Also, it might be good to add a link to this thread to the Launchpad. :classic:

I was actually thinking that too :grin:

Added Imperial Throneworld. As well as cleaned it up a bit to make it more viewer friendly... it was actually nice going through it all and reading every one ... I know I'll be using some of these planets for Future MOCs :thumbup:

Hey everyone! I'm back, and with plenty of new planets to add, from Clutch Powers and the Bricks 'n Pieces magazine scans posted here. Thanks to Simon and Oky for keeping the list clean and updated in my absense...I think I accidentally messed up some of the nice formatting work when I updated the list, though. :( I have some more thoughts about the futuristic world of LEGO Space after reading through the Bricks 'n Pieces back issues, so I'll be posting them soon.

I will say, though, that I'm pretty sure that X2½ is the Imperial Throneworld...it would seem to make sense.

TC

Here's a couple.

Galaxy City from Space Police III is based on a mostly barren planetoid/moon/meteor. The name was brought up in the stop motion movies.

According to the PC game Lego Racers (1), the Exploriens are based on the Magma Moon. This is based on the name of the race track: Magma Moon Marathon, where Explorien thems are feature prominently.

Good to see this thread is back!

Here's a couple Hero Factory planets: Hive (also referred to as Hive Planet; home world of Thornraxx), and Mechna (industrial planet; home world of XT4).

Edited by Play With Fire