Sign in to follow this  
Hiawatha

Wellington's British Army

thindexedgif.gif

With Napoleon's :bonaparte: return to power the Allies have planned to invade France. After gaining much success in Spain, the Duke of Wellington is ready to join the Prussian forces with his Anglo-Dutch army to deliever a blow to Imperial France. In my collection of red coats, I have 39 soldiers, 2 cavarlymen, four officers, and one Wellington.

100_1522.jpg

Soldiers are ready to march.

100_1523.jpg

British cuirassiers

100_1524.jpg

Artillery

100_1525.jpg

The officers and Wellington. I love :pir-wub: the new POTC officer unifrom.

100_1527.jpg

Overview of the forces.

100_1528.jpg

This is the whole army.

Wellington and his men are about to enter a history-changing battle! I hope you enjoy my collection! :pir-laugh:

Brickshelf Gallery

And if you haven't seen it yet, this is my other army :bonaparte:

Damn, thats impressive. I really like the cavalrymen, but i noticed that one of the helmets is chipped :pir-cry_sad:.

Nice idea on the artillery mens' helmets, using the tires, although I prefer the new molded Royal Guard hats.

Redcoats march to victory!

~Cpt. Tristan

Damn, thats impressive. I really like the cavalrymen, but i noticed that one of the helmets is chipped :pir-cry_sad:.

Nice idea on the artillery mens' helmets, using the tires, although I prefer the new molded Royal Guard hats.

Thanks! I only currently have two of those helemts so I used the chipped one. Good job observing that :pir-laugh:. I have seen the new Royal Guard hats and plan on getting some of them, but I think I may use those for my French Imperial Guard Units. Glad you enjoyed! :pir_laugh2:

Looks impressive 'Hiawatha' looks like you are really for Waterloo !

Brick On Fight On !

Thanks, I will :pir-wink:!

Edited by Hiawatha

Nice little army, I like the use of those dragon helmets, I only have a few redcoats and bluecoats, just enought to crew a small ship (if I don't use them both :P)

Nice little army, I like the use of those dragon helmets, I only have a few redcoats and bluecoats, just enought to crew a small ship (if I don't use them both :P)

Thanks! :pir-laugh: I have seen some other users use them and thought they were perfect. I love to collect the soldiers and I also do use them as marines on ships :pir-wink:.

Edited by Hiawatha

Nice army, I like your Wellington fig.

Great that the infantry aren't all clones, I have about the same number of soldier's but can't find enough suitable heads. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Are you planning to make the Battle of Waterloo? That would be fantastic!

Nice army, I like your Wellington fig.

Great that the infantry aren't all clones, I have about the same number of soldier's but can't find enough suitable heads. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Are you planning to make the Battle of Waterloo? That would be fantastic!

Thanks :pir-laugh:! I may try to create a battle scene with the two armies. I kept my blue coat army with the same heads becuase that was the way they were made, and the 2009 red coats were made with different expressions. Glad you enjoyed! :pir-sweet:

British Rule!!!! :pir-classic: I love this, I agree that the POTC Officer's coat is great! :pir_laugh2:

The red coats have many great unifroms! Red Coats have their normal uniform from the classic line, the officer uniform from the classic line, the 2009 uniform, the 2009 admiral uniform, the POTC officer unifom, the British Barbossa uniform, and now the Royal Guard unifrom! They are all great :pir-laugh:!

Edited by Hiawatha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :pir-laugh: It's also good to hear you have yourself an army too, I can't wait to see it! :thumbup:

I hope you get your link worked out so we can see your forces. :pir-wink:

Wheels for headgear... ingenious! :thumbup:

Yeah, I've seen this technique used elsewhere and thought it was a great way to make bearskin hats. A plan on getting the royal guard bearskin hats from the Minifigure Series also, but I might use them for an Old Guard Unit in my French Army.

You'll need more if you ever face the bluecoats! :shark:

That's right! :thumbup: I have a bluecoat army as well (French Army)and it is bigger than the redcoat one, but the redcoats still put up a good fight! :pir-laugh: Someday I hope to make a large battle scene with the two forces. :cannon:

That's right! :thumbup: I have a bluecoat army as well (French Army)and it is bigger than the redcoat one, but the redcoats still put up a good fight! :pir-laugh: Someday I hope to make a large battle scene with the two forces. :cannon:

Yeah, battle scenes with a ton of imperials would be cool! :thumbup:

Mine are mostly in boxes at the momeent. :pir-cry_sad:

Hello, I too was going to do such an army, to Legoland Germany, I bought 60 shako like your new series.

Then the world discovered the Internet Lego Napoleon, who did not know, I decided to start making the Grand Armée changing all the pieces or homemade. (For now only put the link because I have not activated the gallery)

http://lego.forum.forumcommunity.net/?t=48327092

Edited by DucadiYork

Hello, I too was going to do such an army, to Legoland Germany, I bought 60 shako like your new series.

Then the world discovered the Internet Lego Napoleon, who did not know, I decided to start making the Grand Armée changing all the pieces or homemade. (For now only put the link because I have not activated the gallery)

http://lego.forum.forumcommunity.net/?t=48327092

I'm glad you enjoyed and it's good to hear you like minifigure collecting as well! :pir-laugh:

Those are some great soldiers you have there! Your custom accessories are excellent, they look very realistic. :thumbup: I look forward to seeing more of this! :shark: